XP_GUN
07-17-05, 03:01 AM
very true ;)

CaptNKILL
07-17-05, 07:44 AM
:lol:

Seph gPu
07-17-05, 05:15 PM
rofl. Thats a good! Especially when they delayed the game 3-6 months to "fix the bugs".

Mr. Hunt
07-17-05, 05:22 PM
This is one of those "It's funny because it's true" things.

stncttr908
07-17-05, 09:37 PM
Price cut! It's only $39.99 to beta test at Best Buy this week. :D

j0j081
07-17-05, 09:43 PM
Price cut! It's only $39.99 to beta test at Best Buy this week. :D
Thanks for the heads up! Now I can use my reward zone certs and get it for $25 if they have the dvd version.

saturnotaku
07-17-05, 09:46 PM
So true. So sad, but also very true.

hazindu
07-19-05, 10:38 AM
Dunno about that, not all of the price is for betta testing, some of it covers your seating charge for all the company logo splash screens and intro movies you have to sit through before you ever get to test the game.

Mr. Hunt
07-19-05, 11:58 AM
Ea Games - Buy Everything

killahsin
07-19-05, 02:26 PM
Dunno about that, not all of the price is for betta testing, some of it covers your seating charge for all the company logo splash screens and intro movies you have to sit through before you ever get to test the game.

lol QFT

the intro movie is oscar material, wonder if tom hanks will appear in Battlefield 3:The Intro.

stncttr908
07-19-05, 02:30 PM
That's where the lovely no intro hack comes in.

Big Ev
07-19-05, 04:12 PM
Yeah its pretty sad.

The EA LA studio has TERRIBLE TESTERS! I worked at EA Tiburon on Madden '05, and on Battle for Middle Earth (RTS Game) we helped out the LA studio and DOUBLED their bug count in one day.

I was pysched to work for EA last year, but I'm glad I'm gone. I get paid so much better at SolidWorks and I'm treated like a human.

PS: To believe that I'm not BSing you, look up Evan Nikolich in the Madden '05 creds, that's me.

Mr. Hunt
07-19-05, 04:27 PM
Cool Big Ev... I would have expected you to hate people dissing on EA since I read you worked for them before... glad to see you pretty much hate them also lol.

What is SolidWorks working on? Haven't heard anything about them and that may be a very good thing ;).

Edge
07-19-05, 05:03 PM
Cool Big Ev... I would have expected you to hate people dissing on EA since I read you worked for them before... glad to see you pretty much hate them also lol.
He must've gotten fed up with being the guy in this comic strip:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12608&stc=1

Big Ev
07-19-05, 05:43 PM
What is SolidWorks working on? Haven't heard anything about them and that may be a very good thing ;).
www.solidworks.com

They make 3D modeling software for industry.

I work on Cosmic Blobs (www.cosmicblobs.com)

Its a children's game, but the work enviroment is so much better. I get paid better, I have more responibilty, I have an opinon, 3 weeks paid vacation to start, on site gym, free drinks and snacks, free dinners when I work late (like I'm doing right now), and free beer :)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy to be at SolidWorks, even though the game I'm working on is a far cry from what I want to do in the industry. Gotta cut your teeth somewhere and its probably best to do so comfortably. After 5-10 years maybe found my own dev house and hopefully not be gobbled up by EA.

Edge, thanks for the comic btw. I'll have to email it to my former co-workers :p

Mr. Hunt
07-19-05, 07:05 PM
www.solidworks.com

They make 3D modeling software for industry.

I work on Cosmic Blobs (www.cosmicblobs.com)

Its a children's game, but the work enviroment is so much better. I get paid better, I have more responibilty, I have an opinon, 3 weeks paid vacation to start, on site gym, free drinks and snacks, free dinners when I work late (like I'm doing right now), and free beer :)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy to be at SolidWorks, even though the game I'm working on is a far cry from what I want to do in the industry. Gotta cut your teeth somewhere and its probably best to do so comfortably. After 5-10 years maybe found my own dev house and hopefully not be gobbled up by EA.

Edge, thanks for the comic btw. I'll have to email it to my former co-workers :p

Awesome... sounds like a good job... definitely better than what I have heard about working for EA.