PDA

View Full Version : steam help: server browser sux

JoKeRr
07-17-05, 12:45 PM
I have a d-linke DI-604 router, and it's configured for steam according to their website. However, when I try to browse for servers, I can't find more than 50!!! That's soo bullcrap consider I used to get around 1000 or so, and that's with filter.

Tried to use steam support and delete some files, still no go, now it goes down to 16. Damn steam suxx big time.

Anyway to fix it? Thanx in advance.

FierceDeityLink
07-17-05, 03:06 PM
Use the All Seeing Eye

BioHazZarD
07-17-05, 03:18 PM
I have the exact same router and i have no problems using steam browser. Make sure you install the latest firmware i know that early versions of the dlink sucks ass.

Mudcrutch
07-17-05, 03:38 PM
Damn my computer and router suxx big time.

fixed.

JoKeRr
07-18-05, 04:24 PM
what's all seeing eye?

nVidiaGuru
07-18-05, 04:43 PM
i had the same problem a while back when i set my "internet connection speed" to LAN/t1>1mb...... but when i set it a step lower to DSL>768k it worked just fine

Gaco
07-18-05, 05:34 PM
I have a d-linke DI-604 router, and it's configured for steam according to their website. However, when I try to browse for servers, I can't find more than 50!!! That's soo bullcrap consider I used to get around 1000 or so, and that's with filter.

Tried to use steam support and delete some files, still no go, now it goes down to 16. Damn steam suxx big time.

Anyway to fix it? Thanx in advance.

Steams serverbrowser is like software from god himself or something, compared to the nightware we have to endure in BF2 even though it just got much more stable but much more slow in version 1.02 ;)