PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 benchies on Ram Timing

wrugoin
07-17-05, 02:24 PM
Hey All,

I've just received my new 1GB kit of OCZ Gold series PC-3200 2-2-2-5 memory as of last Friday, but because I'm waiting on an RMA for my mobo, I haven't been able to test them. I imagine I'll get a nice bump in performance considering I'm upgrading from PC-2700 Value Kingston that was running at 3-4-4-8 to keep the system stable. Not only will I be able to run the memory at 400MHz instead of 333MHz, but I can also set some blazing fast timings....Which leads me into my question.

I can't seem to find any reviews, articles or posts that give a set of benchmarks showing the benefit of tighter memory timings. I'd like to see what difference running memory at 2-2-2-5 vs. 2-3-3-6 or 2.5-3-3-7 (or in my case, 3-4-4-8) makes. Any kind of web page that tests memory timings would be great. But hopefully someone can find a comprehensive performance test showing why it's worth paying 60-100% more for low latency memory.

Any and all help is appreciated. THanks

PSYCHODAD
07-17-05, 02:52 PM
I have two NF-2 systems with Corsair ram in one and Mushkin in the other. From my own experience the 2-3-2-7 timings generally work best for me on these boards with performance ram. Some peeps say you should go even higher on the last number(7).

ragejg
07-17-05, 09:31 PM
I don't know how much this will help, but here's a link to my Corsair XMS DDR550 review... there's some timing stuff in there...

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/corsair_xms4400/index.shtml

:)