PDA

View Full Version : 7800 BIOS Flashing

keith33
07-17-05, 02:45 PM
Is it possible to cross-brands when flashing the BIOS on a 7800 GTX? For example, I have an eVGA at 450/1200, but can I flash it to a BFG BIOS with 460/1300 safely?

Zurble
07-17-05, 03:19 PM
why not flashing your own bios with overclocked speeds?
use Nibitor for exemple

look here:
http://www.mvktech.net

your bios might be there

anthonyl
07-17-05, 06:15 PM
I would like to know if its possible to "cross flash" brands as well.

I have an Asus 7800GTX and if I cant get a hold of another one but can get say an Albatron..could I flash the Asus one with the Albatron BIOS or visversa?

5150 Joker
07-17-05, 08:03 PM
Since all these cards are based off reference design there should be no reason you can't cross flash. Just keep in mind if your card dies after you do this, you most likely will not be able to receive warranty service from the manufacturer.

Darkoz
07-18-05, 05:14 AM
why not flashing your own bios with overclocked speeds?
use Nibitor for exemple

look here:
http://www.mvktech.net

your bios might be there

As Zurble has pointed out, just edit and overclock your own BIOS, afterall, that's simply what different suppliers do.

Huigie
07-18-05, 06:09 AM
I would like to know if its possible to "cross flash" brands as well.

I have an Asus 7800GTX and if I cant get a hold of another one but can get say an Albatron..could I flash the Asus one with the Albatron BIOS or visversa?

Yes you can. In dos: nvflash biosname.bin -4 -5 -6 enter
Press y to confirm and wait, when flashing is done turn off your machine. I allways uninstall my drivers before I do a cross flash.

Zurble
07-18-05, 07:01 AM
if you worry about SLI, i think Nvidia said next drivers woul make it possible to use different cards (because they are all the same)

but all the same in what way? do they use the same Eprom type/size ? cross flashing seems dangerous to me unless you are sure they didn't add/change features on their brand (ASUS -> peg link, VIVO, ...)

Peacemaker
07-18-05, 09:53 AM
Use Your Force....
Trust Your Feellings....

:D

Peace :)