PDA

View Full Version : BF2 SinglePlayer Advanced Weapons Unlock, only works in V1.0?

muaddib
07-18-05, 08:23 AM
OK, So I've finally managed to get 1K points... And I'm having serious doubts on what weapon I should pick. I want to do a some tryouts in the SP, and I heard there's a way to do that. So I tried it, and it didn't work. Not in 1.2V atleast.

Advices?

Thanks in advance.

Gaco
07-18-05, 11:21 AM
I don't wanna put your hopes for advices down, but I think the vast majority of these gamers don't waste their time on getting 1000 points in singleplayer :p

Point is, we play multiplayer :)

CaptNKILL
07-18-05, 12:39 PM
Hes talking about using a cheat to unlock the weapons in single player so he can test the weapons to see which he should unlock in multiplayer.

I havent seen anything about doing this personally but I'll keep my eyes open, sounds like something ill do too before I get 1000 points.

Superfly
07-18-05, 12:53 PM
you guys dont have 1000 points? - are you actually playing the game? or just looking at it..........

rewt
07-18-05, 12:57 PM
The weapons unlock works in multiplayer too. But it needs to be server-side then all the players who join will have unlocked weapons. I wouldn't doubt the 1.02 patch blocks it though.

Buenamos
07-18-05, 12:58 PM
I unlocked the sniper, it's badass ;)

rewt
07-18-05, 01:00 PM
I unlocked the sniper, it's badass ;)

lmao yeah right!

CaptNKILL
07-18-05, 04:16 PM
you guys dont have 1000 points? - are you actually playing the game? or just looking at it..........
I couldnt play ranked servers at all until the patch came out, then it was recalled and i didnt feel like reinstalling so i waited until 1.02. That came out 2 days ago and I havent had time to install it yet.

Not everyone can sit and play ranked servers for hours on end every day after a game released... I didnt even get my pre-order copy until 3 days after the game was released.

Plus, Ive been playing KOTOR a lot lately... thats a sweet game :D

SH64
07-18-05, 04:32 PM
Yeah i'm looking for an answer for that Q as well. plus how to increase the number of bots in SP ?

Gaco
07-18-05, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure but I don't think you can increase them beyond 16 players :(

FierceDeityLink
07-18-05, 05:15 PM
Yeah i'm looking for an answer for that Q as well. plus how to increase the number of bots in SP ?
Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI\AIDefault.ai

AFAIK, you can no longer unlock the weapons in singleplayer due to the 1.02 update. At one point, you could just edit a python file to unlock all weapons for singleplayer.

SH64
07-18-05, 11:06 PM
Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI\AIDefault.ai

AFAIK, you can no longer unlock the weapons in singleplayer due to the 1.02 update. At one point, you could just edit a python file to unlock all weapons for singleplayer.

Big thanks to you man :thumbsup:

i set the max to 64 players & whaddya know! .. my framerate turned into constant 15fps LOL! yeah 15fps nothing more. thats on the P4:3Ghz PC. gonna try this & see how the 4000+ handle this.
now i have a new challenge ahead : get a CPU that let you play BF2 with 64 players in SP @60+ fps :D
EDIT : on the 4000+ it avarage between 20-45fps depending on the players intensity. so its quiet playable for me. not smooth but playble!

one more question : is it possible to unlock the full maps on SP as well ? how?

muaddib
07-20-05, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the comments.

SH64, you can look @ TweakGuides.com for some answers...

BTW, what weapon do you think I should unlock? I play as a medic 99% of the time, but I was highly unimpressed with the new gun. The Spec-ops gun was not too shabby, but don't justice 1k points. The most amazing gun, without breaking a sweat, is the Assault's one. It's a mobile killing machine, fragging is easy as straightforward.

Advices?

Thanks.

CaptNKILL
07-20-05, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the comments.

SH64, you can look @ TweakGuides.com for some answers...

BTW, what weapon do you think I should unlock? I play as a medic 99% of the time, but I was highly unimpressed with the new gun. The Spec-ops gun was not too shabby, but don't justice 1k points. The most amazing gun, without breaking a sweat, is the Assault's one. It's a mobile killing machine, fragging is easy as straightforward.

Advices?

Thanks.
Sounds like you already made your choice... go with the assault gun!

BTW, isnt this the G3? If so, thats what I was going to pick first anyway. What a sweet weapon :D

muaddib
07-20-05, 12:33 PM
Yeah... It's really sweet, the problem is - I don't play Assault as much as I play medic.

FierceDeityLink
07-20-05, 02:04 PM
one more question : is it possible to unlock the full maps on SP as well ? how?
Nope. It's a big bummer because there's only a few maps that have airplanes in singleplayer. Technically, it's possible, but then you would need to swap in and out the modded files for singleplayer and multiplayer or else you can't connect online.

If someone could patch every map and write a script to enable and disable the large map support for SP, then it could become more feasible...