PDA

View Full Version : 7800 SLi Overclccking query

Ronin
07-18-05, 07:07 PM
It seems that I've run into a bit of a problem with overclocking with my pair of 7800's, and I'm looking for some input.

To whit, once SLi is enabled, I am no longer able to overclock the cards (they are matching cards with matching bios revisions). Has anyone else seen this, and if so, have a resolution to it (without bios modification that is, although I'm not adverse to utilizing this option). Note that using RT and turning off the internal clock check does not resolve the issue. While the clock speeds may appear to be changed, the results do not reflect as such (that, and it seems that RT, when SLi is enabled, does not read the core clock speeds correctly anymore).

Zurble
07-18-05, 07:17 PM
can u change speeds when u just rebooted ? (use coolbits?)
because i am unable to change (even downclock) speeds only after running anything D3D or opengl, but at boot, there is no problem.

Ronin
07-18-05, 07:30 PM
Can't even do it then. I thought I'd found a workaround, in that I would OC a single card (with SLi off), save those clocks, enable SLi, and reboot, and those clocks would stick, but apparently that wasn't the case (in some situations, the cards would never come out of 2d mode).