PDA

View Full Version : This is how much Asus SUCKS PEN0R!!!

Roadhog
07-18-05, 08:33 PM
Well, I ****ing hate Asus officially now! Asus make the ****tiest Motherboards, and has the worst tech support ever. My nice Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo decided to stop working, and i could not decide what was causing it not to post. So I called up Asus, the tech support didn't even have any sugjestions for me. They just told me to call up RMA. So I called RMA, and they told me to send the mobo back, so I did. Took it down to the post office, and found out that it will cost $15 to send, but I sent it anyways because I really wanted a working motherboard. So after waiting about two weeks to get my mobo back, it finally arrives. I pull it out of the box, and get it all connected, Hit the power button, and no POST. Just this ****ING **** ASS BITCH that I want to kill, who's made home in my mobo. The Bitch, keeps saying "System Failed CPU Test". Oh wow, I thought Asus wouldnt have the guts to not send me back a non working mobo, or test it before then send it back. But I guess they did, so ill get to that later... Anyhow, I read up on the forums, and found that my mobo can all of a sudden decide not to like the components i've been using. So I tried a different CPU, RAM, Video Card, Heatsink, and THREE different PSU's. Nothing made that ****ing bitch leave my PC. So I called up Assus, (I think i'll call them Assus now, fits better) Tech support AGAIN, and the **** tard person on the line doesn't know what to do. They just told me to call RMA, AGAIN. So I did, but they are closed, so I will call them tomorrow. Who ever I talk to at Asus will have wished they never came to work, and just stayed home when I get off the phone. If they don't send me a BRAND NEW WORKING MOTHERBOARD by the 28th, **** _WILL_ hit the fan. I think I should just take the butt ****ing Asus POS mobo, SMASH it with a 15lb sledge hammer, put it in the blender, then light it on fire and send it back to Asus with a letter saying "**** YOU" and then buy the nice ABIT Board I am looking at.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240120&affiliate=pricegrabber

/Rant

six_storm
07-18-05, 08:44 PM
Ya know, when I first got my 64-bit ASUS Mobo, I was having the same problems. I called ASUS, talked to the guys at Support and they didn't help me at all. Turns out after staring at it for a while that that particular mobo has 2 power connections. I only had 1 plugged in so when I plugged in the other one, it obviously worked!

But it sounds like in your case that they didn't really fix the problem. Sorry to hear about that bro.

jAkUp
07-18-05, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you agree with me :D THe IC7G is one of the best mobos you can get for the S478 :)

Riptide
07-18-05, 10:15 PM
Not that it helps but Abit also has absolutely piss poor customer service in my experience. If you get something else I'd go MSI maybe and try your luck there.

BTW are you sure it's the motherboard? If you got a second one and are still having the same problem I'd start to wonder...

FierceDeityLink
07-18-05, 10:20 PM
It would make sense that most China/Taiwan based companies would have poor technical support. It's just common sense. If you wanted quality customer support, then you should have gone with Intel (although, you might be talking to someone in India in that case).

I recently had to make a decision of the IC7-G to the P4C800-E Deluxe, and you can tell which one I went with (mostly because I had no problems whatsoever with a P4P800 Deluxe).

Riptide
07-18-05, 10:22 PM
FierDeity I kinda was thinking the same things actually - that all these Taiwanese manufacturers are going to be second rate w/regard to customer service. Intel probably has them all beat there. In fact I had to contact Intel a couple times over my D875PBZLK and they were very, very helpful. Night/day compared to the response I got out of Abit.

Shamrock
07-18-05, 10:43 PM
I had an ASUS Geforce 2 GTS (64MB) one time, and my fan had quit, it was under warranty, less than 2 months old. and I STILL have not received a reply back from ASUS, to this day! 4 YEARS ago!

ChrisRay
07-19-05, 01:49 AM
I've had good experience with Asus and RMAS. My A8N SLI Deluxe has been a great and stable board other than the original fan it came with. Which I have replaced.

aaahhh52
07-19-05, 01:53 AM
At least your Asus didnt short out and catch fire like mine :D

Viffer5
07-19-05, 05:54 AM
At least your Asus didnt short out and catch fire like mine :D

COOL! I've often wished mine would sponaneously self combust... give me an excuse to get a new one... :p

Riptide
07-19-05, 09:12 AM
Well I came to my senses and cancelled my motherboard order. I guess there's not a lot of sense in going to the trouble and expensive of replacing my board when the only thing that's really broken is the temp reporting. Just some of the comments I saw on Abit's forums yesterday really pissed me off. Oh well.. My next board won't be an Abit though.

jAkUp
07-19-05, 09:52 AM
I think the worst support I have ever gotten is through Plextor. I emailed them several times regarding a missing faceplate, and receieved no reply. Strangly enough, they did send me the part, but never told me they were! At least tell me yes or no... lol

Riptide
07-19-05, 10:24 AM
LOL at least you got the part. I've sent e-mails in to several different places and been completely and totally ignored. At work I've had several different software vendors refuse to return phone calls for support of their products. Even after multiple voice mails.

Gator
07-19-05, 11:05 AM
I don't know if this will make you feel better, but Gigabyte has an RMA turn around time of 4 to 6 weeks :eek: So be thankful Asus was only 2 weeks I guess.

Sorry to hear about another crumby board though, that sucks man :(

WLanMan
07-19-05, 03:31 PM
On the flip side of SUCK SUPPORT, I must give props to BFG for replacing a failing BFG 6800 vanilla. It wouldn't render at all in Star Wars Battlefront. I noted a BFG 6800 GT worked fine in the same box.

THEY SENT ME A BFG 6800 GT replacement (for the vanilla) once I faxed in a receipt in about 3 days.

All I had to pay for was the shipping on the 6800 (which I didn't have to send back until I received the replacement).

My last ASUS experience was bad enough that I instead bamboozled Frys people to give me a replacement board.

AngelGraves13
07-19-05, 04:55 PM
I never had any problems with my ASUS motherboard, except for the fact that this new one is reporting higher cPU temps than it really is. Once I get my new Zalman fan, it'll be a thing of the past.

Acid Rain
07-19-05, 05:21 PM
Not that it helps but Abit also has absolutely piss poor customer service in my experience. If you get something else I'd go MSI maybe and try your luck there. Yup. I've used MSI for years now. Sturdy and stable. I started out on Asus and had the worst PC experiences of my life during those years, and it ended up definitely being the boards. Returned a lot of good ram.... I put Asus in the ATi category, currently. Both companies just love to give me defective products, no matter which one I pick, no matter how careful I am with them.

Now all I can do is hope MSI never lowers their standards like so many other companies have.

AthlonXP1800
07-19-05, 06:27 PM
Now all I can do is hope MSI never lowers their standards like so many other companies have.

Fortunately, MSI had lowered their standards since 2002 when they were exposed used low quality fewer capacitors on motherboards that are non standards, it can caused unstable and even killed the motherboards. I lost 2 MSI motherboards in 2002, 6 months aparts, both motherboards had died with the same symptoms. I lost 200, I will never buy MSI ever again. MSI was Number 2 back in 2002 and after that they lost their position to ECS, MSI slipped to 4th position and lost millions of customers.

MSI customer support is much worsen, I was send MSI UK a email back in 2002 and it took them 7 weeks to replied my email and I found out that the email was redirected to Taiwan, they replied with very poor english writing.

Now I am very happier with Number 1 ASUS, it very stable and solid board. :D

NAZCA M12
07-19-05, 10:12 PM
Well, there's one thing i agree with the original poster and that's the sledgehammer thingy. It sounds excessive but personally, once i've found out a computer part is not working, instead of just throwing it to the garbage can (where it belongs) intact, i have a few very violent minutes with my sledge before and thus make sure it will truly be garbage material once i'm finished with it. It makes me calm down but what i never forget to do afterwards, is write down the company to my nice, fat, black list and never EVER, buy a product of theirs again and that's sth i strongly suggest everyone does also. Some companies that gained an entry to my list are MSI, Plextor, Corser, ATI and mother****ing AMD :mad:

Riptide
07-19-05, 10:26 PM
Well if this thread proves anything it's that just about every vendor out there has sold a defective POS to someone somewhere sometime. Some companies seem worse than others but everything we've mentioned here seems pretty anecdotal. YMMV.

Acid Rain
07-20-05, 03:33 AM
YMMV.Yummy marshmellows melt visibly? :confused:

You're my merry valentine? :confused:

Yellow milkduds are mildy visible? :confused:

:D

LBJM
07-20-05, 03:54 AM
I don't buy MSI anymore unstable motherboard including their server boards. the best server boards are made by tyan. dlink sucks now. I have creative labs because of the original sb live pci standards were made for a reason, but it seems their new sound card is going to be the best hands down and it looks like I will have to buy one :( Maxtor's hard drives a few years ago died left and right. we're making a list right?

lightman
07-20-05, 03:54 AM
Interesting how people act and think.

So you have *one* bad experience with a supplier, and then you decide that everything it does and sells is sh*t and you won't buy anything again from them, *without* first checking out other people's experiences with the same manufacturer ? Nice.

Now let me tell you something. I used a lot of different boards here at work; MSI, Abit, Gigabyte, Soltek, Asus, Intel and Supermicro. The only ones that never gave me any problem were the Intel and Supermicro, Asus came in at a very close third. But both Intel and Supermicro are really on another level when it comes to build quality. There is no way in hell you could push those beasts, but you can be sure that even in a room with 4 42" cabinets full filled with 1U dual Xeons, (and thus with a quite high temp), they simply rock. :D

Intel and Supermicro apart, the only problem I had with Asus has been with an old 5600 whose fan grinded to a complete halt and thus fried the chip (my fault, I didn't check that sucker for almost 6 months, it was simply full of dust and sh*t ;)). They RMA'd it, no questions asked, in less than 2 weeks. And, btw, I later noticed it was some 3 months past the end of the warranty period. :)

MSI, Gigabyte and Soltek (in this particular order) have all died on me, and never worked fully stable. Solteks in particular were really pieces of sh*t. And forget about the assistance, it was simply non-existent.

That said, I now only buy Asus for the desktops. There's more than 40 right now, no problems at all. And they're on 24/7, 365 days a year, almost always number crunching. Should tell you something, doesn't it ? :D

Now, I know you're pissed because of your misfortune, and I feel your pain, seriously. But drawing conclusions on a single bad case isn't the best thing to do, imho. :)

Btw, I really hope that the next motherboard will work fine. If not, I would seriously start considering the possibility of another bad (but maybe functioning, it happens) component that's killing your MBs... :)

LBJM
07-20-05, 04:58 AM
I don't know if this will make you feel better, but Gigabyte has an RMA turn around time of 4 to 6 weeks :eek: So be thankful Asus was only 2 weeks I guess.

Sorry to hear about another crumby board though, that sucks man :(

with a CC you can cross ship with asus they can do overnight even.

Roadhog
07-20-05, 01:59 PM
Interesting how people act and think.

So you have *one* bad experience with a supplier, and then you decide that everything it does and sells is sh*t and you won't buy anything again from them, *without* first checking out other people's experiences with the same manufacturer ? Nice.

Now let me tell you something. I used a lot of different boards here at work; MSI, Abit, Gigabyte, Soltek, Asus, Intel and Supermicro. The only ones that never gave me any problem were the Intel and Supermicro, Asus came in at a very close third. But both Intel and Supermicro are really on another level when it comes to build quality. There is no way in hell you could push those beasts, but you can be sure that even in a room with 4 42" cabinets full filled with 1U dual Xeons, (and thus with a quite high temp), they simply rock. :D

Intel and Supermicro apart, the only problem I had with Asus has been with an old 5600 whose fan grinded to a complete halt and thus fried the chip (my fault, I didn't check that sucker for almost 6 months, it was simply full of dust and sh*t ;)). They RMA'd it, no questions asked, in less than 2 weeks. And, btw, I later noticed it was some 3 months past the end of the warranty period. :)

MSI, Gigabyte and Soltek (in this particular order) have all died on me, and never worked fully stable. Solteks in particular were really pieces of sh*t. And forget about the assistance, it was simply non-existent.

That said, I now only buy Asus for the desktops. There's more than 40 right now, no problems at all. And they're on 24/7, 365 days a year, almost always number crunching. Should tell you something, doesn't it ? :D

Now, I know you're pissed because of your misfortune, and I feel your pain, seriously. But drawing conclusions on a single bad case isn't the best thing to do, imho. :)

Btw, I really hope that the next motherboard will work fine. If not, I would seriously start considering the possibility of another bad (but maybe functioning, it happens) component that's killing your MBs... :)

no, just do a google search for "System Failed CPU Test" You will see how many people are having this problem with their Asus Motherboards.