PDA

View Full Version : 7800 GTX Price Drop?

Pages : [1] 2

bonchez
07-18-05, 08:44 PM
I was looking on newegg for new computer parts. I noticed that the 7800GTX has gone down in price. Have a look for yourself. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?submit=PROPERTY&SubCategory=48&propertycodevalue=679:16838&bop=and&Order=price

bonchez
07-18-05, 08:45 PM
$600 used to be the standard price, now they're all less than that much.

rohit
07-19-05, 01:32 PM
whats your point.?
the prices go down with time. 6800GT had a price tag of $500 once. now its for almost $300.

Arto*
07-19-05, 02:29 PM
I smell something new coming out.

:rolleyes:

zoomy942
07-19-05, 02:33 PM
i CURSE the day i saved my credit card info on file at newegg. :)

hazindu
07-19-05, 02:45 PM
whats your point.?
the prices go down with time. 6800GT had a price tag of $500 once. now its for almost $300.I ordered mine the day it became available and it cost $380 + 30 for nextday delivery. Also, it did not drop in price by $50 within the first month of retail availability.I was looking on newegg for new computer parts. I noticed that the 7800GTX has gone down in price. Have a look for yourself. nice, but not good enough yet ;)

zoomy942
07-19-05, 03:00 PM
I ordered mine the day it became available and it cost $380 + 30 for nextday delivery. Also, it did not drop in price by $50 within the first month of retail availability. nice, but not good enough yet ;)

yeha. my new 6600gt will have to hold me over for just a little longer

Big Ev
07-19-05, 03:15 PM
Oh well, I bought mine at $599. Still happy as hell, though :)

rohit
07-19-05, 04:29 PM
I ordered mine the day it became available and it cost $380 + 30 for nextday delivery. Also, it did not drop in price by $50 within the first month of retail availability.
So, you got a good deal. considering 68GT was priced at 400-450 dollar segment. Many here bought the 68Gt more than 1 to 2 months after it launched for 400+ dollars.

380 is considerable...how could it drop any further. another $50 fall on it couldnt be possible.

mattkenn_4545
07-19-05, 05:30 PM
Got my 6800GT AGP for $300 on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130203

hazindu
07-20-05, 08:24 AM
So, you got a good deal. considering 68GT was priced at 400-450 dollar segment. Many here bought the 68Gt more than 1 to 2 months after it launched for 400+ dollars.

380 is considerable...how could it drop any further. another $50 fall on it couldnt be possible.
Geforce 6800gt retailed at $400 when it came out, not $450, not $500, and it didn't drop $50+ within its first four weeks of mass availability. If you got ripped off or played into the price gouging game that is too bad, but the card was available towards the end of June at $375-$420.I was looking on newegg for new computer parts. I noticed that the 7800GTX has gone down in price. Have a look for yourself. Maybe their trying to lower the price to a more reasonable $500 and doing it slowly as to not upset the early adopters who paid $600. That's my guess anyway. I know I find the 7800gtx to be far more attractive at 500 than at 600.

MUYA
07-20-05, 08:35 AM
whats your point.?
the prices go down with time. 6800GT had a price tag of $500 once. now its for almost $300.
Can you not be so aggresive when you reply to posts..it's a friendly reminder.

Yeah the prices do go down but not significantly as this... that's one of the reasons why I got these two GTXs for SLI the price for each card even in Hong Kong went down by $50 US ...and I was impatient. If you remember, the 6800Ultras stayed above $500 for a long time. Within 3 weeks, the GTX prices are going down like never seen before on the high end of things.

The chaintech GTX can be had for less than US $500 here but I chose Leadtek as they are dual link DVI in case I decide to go that way, and the chaintech one does not state it is and doen't have VIVO.

rohit
07-20-05, 01:40 PM
Can you not be so aggresive when you reply to posts..it's a friendly reminder
oh im sorry. i apoligise.
but i would wanna say, i didnt mean to be aggressive, i made more of curious statement. i didnt get the message of his post.

Also, the prices may have gone down, maybe coz the mfg value was much less than the price tag. also coz this time nv made it "available at the moment", due to which there is more stock, and the sales are less. also coz there is no competition for it at the moment. just assumptions though.

BigWilly
07-20-05, 01:48 PM
I for one am glad the prices are coming down, they were too damn high to begin with! $600.00 for a video card is a load of crap! In my opinion if they lowered the prices they would sell alot more cards and make a lot more money. Just a suggestion, but I guess nv and ati could careless. $$$$$$$

hazindu
07-20-05, 01:54 PM
I for one am glad the prices are coming down, they were too damn high to begin with! $600.00 for a video card is a load of crap! In my opinion if they lowered the prices they would sell alot more cards and make a lot more money. Just a suggestion, but I guess nv and ati could careless. $$$$$$$There's actually quite a bit of mathematics involved in determining what the price of an item will be. higher volume sales with lower profit per sale vs. lower volume sales with higher profit per sale. Add to that that most of the variables are based on speculation and it gets pretty messy.

I do agree that $600 is kinda rediculous.

Tyr-Sog
07-21-05, 11:07 PM
LoL, I was reading the newegg consumer reviews on the BFG7800gtx...Look at this one...

Awesome!!!
Wow. Thats all I can say. I just put two of these in my grandmothers computer because she was wanting more speed loading web pages and family photos. The performance is unbelievable. I wonder how good the new JAVA 5.0 will look? Shes soo happy now. Here are the specs.

superklye
07-21-05, 11:32 PM
whats your point.?
Yeah, but that was many months later. This happened in a few weeks.

keith33
07-21-05, 11:34 PM
I think they're just making room for an Ultra under $700. *Crosses fingers*

superklye
07-22-05, 08:16 AM
I think they're just making room for an Ultra under $700. *Crosses fingers*
Jesus Christ...what don't people understand? GTX = Ultra. nVidia have said it NUMEROUS times on their site that the Ultra moniker is gone. So unless something has changed: THERE. IS. NO. ULTRA.

BrianG
07-22-05, 08:44 AM
Price drop=supply>demand OR Improving yields=Lower production costs.

Keep in mind that the hard launch allowed NVIDIA to have already worked through production issues before hitting the market. The usual limited supply syndrome that takes months to play out new card launch has been condensed into weeks. Obviously, this will be the fastest selling high-end product in NVIDIA's history all because of supply levels.

I continue to be more and more impressed with how well NVIDIA executed. Hopefully, I will be able to deliver a little more insight on the launch soon...

BigWilly
07-22-05, 03:21 PM
LMFAO that two 7800 GTX for grandmother post off newegg is just a riot!
If that guy is for real what a dumb a**

PaiN
07-22-05, 03:41 PM
i CURSE the day i saved my credit card info on file at newegg. :)
I know the feeling zoomy...but so far, so good here, I've resisted temptation. :firedevil
After all I've been through with this setup, for once in my life I want to skip a generation of PC hardware(since imo...what I have now is more than enough for all upcoming games I plan on playing)
But...when prices come down, temptation goes up :rolleyes:

rohit
07-22-05, 06:23 PM
Wow. Thats all I can say. I just put two of these in my grandmothers computer because she was wanting more speed loading web pages and family photos
ROFLOL hahahhaahaha :rofl :rofl
I wonder how good the new JAVA 5.0 will look? Shes soo happy now. Here are the specs.
:wtf

Acid Rain
07-22-05, 06:34 PM
Yeah, but that was many months later. This happened in a few weeks.Thank you. I was going to say that. My GT was $400 on day one at Best Buy, and they still are. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6684652&type=product&id=1083712392168

Sure I could get one cheaper elsewhere online, but that certainly is not my point. For the average card buying dude, they are $400...still.

NV's got something interesting up it's sleeve.

also coz there is no competition for it at the moment. just assumptions though.No competition means you can price your goods however you please. The cost of manufacture could be very low, and NV could/would still charge the high price, as they are the only high performance game in town right now. Anyone who wants the very finest equipment will pay their price.

The price drop means something. What, exactly? Who knows. Perhaps the initial enthusiasts have already sucked up their cards and GTX sales are now at a trickle, so, already having milked the early adopters, it's now time for regular pricing to commence.

Greasy
07-22-05, 10:29 PM
oh im sorry. i apoligise.
but i would wanna say, i didnt mean to be aggressive, i made more of curious statement. i didnt get the message of his post.

Also, the prices may have gone down, maybe coz the mfg value was much less than the price tag. also coz this time nv made it "available at the moment", due to which there is more stock, and the sales are less. also coz there is no competition for it at the moment. just assumptions though.

Dude, I think I lost 20 IQ points reading this. :D