PDA

View Full Version : .NET and nHancer

Acid Rain
07-19-05, 05:26 AM
O.K. Time for some newbage. I want to use nHancer, but .NET is irritating me, in that it sets up a user, and I am the only user of my gaming P.C.

How the heck do you set it up so that it logs right in and doesn't make me select a user on each reboot? I know everybody but me knows, but it's time I also know.

Thank you.

Demigod
07-19-05, 05:41 AM
I cant even get it to work. I have to use .net2.0 beta as Im on x64 but nhancer wants .net 1.1 or somthing. :(

Tym
07-19-05, 05:56 AM
O.K. Time for some newbage. I want to use nHancer, but .NET is irritating me, in that it sets up a user, and I am the only user of my gaming P.C.

How the heck do you set it up so that it logs right in and doesn't make me select a user on each reboot? I know everybody but me knows, but it's time I also know.

Thank you.

You can either download the .NET 1.1 service pack from Windows Update or (quicker) simply remove the .NET ASP (or something, I don't remeber the name exactly) account (Control Panel > User accounts). It's safe to do so.

Grestorn
07-19-05, 02:38 PM
I cant even get it to work. I have to use .net2.0 beta as Im on x64 but nhancer wants .net 1.1 or somthing. :(
You can get the beta 1.1.3 here: www.nhancer.com/downloads
This version works with .NET 2.0 and XP 64

GlowStick
07-19-05, 03:06 PM

Thank you.
Yep, that is the most annoying thing about .net, no friggin clue why it dose that but

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/13/

useing those steps you can change it back to normal.

Acid Rain
07-19-05, 04:00 PM
simply remove the .NET ASP (or something, I don't remeber the name exactly) account (Control Panel > User accounts). It's safe to do so.Hmm, I thought doing this may have hidden implications, causing problems down the road.

Glowstick, thank you. Thank you everyone, actually.