PDA

View Full Version : AMD triumph

ReDeeMeR
12-19-02, 05:42 PM
I suggest everyone takes a look here.

http://www4.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html

Intel 3.02Ghz owned it every damn test by AMD XP2700 lmao

The funniest thing is the price difference, so its either:

A: Intel architecture is actualy = teh suck, I mean were talking about 3ghz and 2ghz lol...

B: Intel rips they're loyal customers pay insane amounts for that POS lol....

StealthHawk
12-19-02, 06:11 PM
you do realize that you are comparing the Athlon on its best platform (nforce 2) to P4 with DDR and not RDRAM, right?

EciDemon
12-19-02, 06:35 PM
I think it is more fair when they compare the systems with the same type of memory, So one or the other wont get an advantage cos of it.

But then again, the reason for the test is not to compare CPU:s, its a test/guide for Gfx cards.

Smokey
12-19-02, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
you do realize that you are comparing the Athlon on its best platform (nforce 2) to P4 with DDR and not RDRAM, right?

Wouldnt putting the P4 with RDRAM just further widen the price difference? I think more people will be buying an nForce2 for thier Athlon, more than people will buy RDRAM for thier P4?

But as stated, the fact remains, 3GHz vs 2GHz, that in itself is a big difference wouldnt you say?

-=DVS=-
12-20-02, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Wouldnt putting the P4 with RDRAM just further widen the price difference? I think more people will be buying an nForce2 for thier Athlon, more than people will buy RDRAM for thier P4?

But as stated, the fact remains, 3GHz vs 2GHz, that in itself is a big difference wouldnt you say?

Intel better bring 800FSB Pentium 4's or they will loose more and more customers :rolleyes:

StealthHawk
12-20-02, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
Intel better bring 800FSB Pentium 4's or they will loose more and more customers :rolleyes:

haven't they been gaining market share over AMD lately? it was true 1-2 months ago. have things officially changed?

Smokey
12-20-02, 07:06 AM
Well I think that is true, just have to look at some forums to see people moving to Intel. But I think that the bigger gains are in the OEM sector, as the fastest Hz tend to sell computers?

Grechie
12-20-02, 07:52 AM
ATHLON XP'S ROCK :D ....So Much Power:rolleyes:

vampireuk
12-20-02, 08:01 AM
I say sod Intel im with AMD till the end:D

SavagePaladin
12-20-02, 10:18 AM
I can't really say who's gaining or losing, but the price difference is fairly ridiculous, especially if you go for the middle-lower end stuff.

I'll stick with AMD until I have reasons not to.

Since I buy near budget, I don't see that happening

___
my nforce was $80 too. bonus

LORD-eX-Bu
12-20-02, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk

Correct, people are just looking at things they want to see, these reviews are biased and should not be taken seriously.;) If you are going to compare speedwise, give the P4 either dual channel DDR or RDRAM because you are testing the AMD on the best platform, so you should do so with the pentium 4.

ReDeeMeR
12-20-02, 05:31 PM
Umm isnt i845PE best chipset for P4? wtf are ya'll tlaking about? And I wouldnt buy useless RDRAM ever, because:

1: more expensive compared to same speed DDR

2: I couldnt sell it later when I'm upgrading and trading my old system, because most P4 systems use DDR, because non gamers dont buy rdram.

Anyway isnt it just funny how 2Ghz AMD walks over 3Ghz intel??
I almost feel sorry for all those P4 owners :rolleyes: :p
(j/k)

AMD FOREVER! :cool:

LORD-eX-Bu
12-20-02, 05:34 PM
well, I won't follow this thread anymore. Seems you guys just want to dismiss running the P4 on a platform that is not it's best when you are comparing it to a AMD on its best platform when you are talking about speed, just because you want to talk about price. Once you guys wanna quit being fanboys, let me know, bye.:o

fastguy94416
12-20-02, 06:02 PM
For the record, I buy whatever the hell I want. If i have the money

SavagePaladin
12-20-02, 06:40 PM
I'd like to say that given how few people actually BUY RDRAM anymore, (unless they already have it, of course,) and how little of a market RAMBUS has, it would make little sense to compare them that way.

And they're still losing ground. RDRAM is virtually dead.

The Baron
12-20-02, 06:53 PM
SP is right--Rambus ain't a player anymore. Too expensive.

Now, I'd like to see a test of the XP 2800+ on an nForce 2 with 2 256 meg sticks of CAS2 DDR vs. a P4 on Granite Bay with 2 sticks of CAS2 DDR.

THAT would be interesting...

Cotita
12-20-02, 08:22 PM
AMD is back in the performance race, just a few months ago, AMD lost ground against intel because the p4 was faster. Now that the nforce2 is here, AMD is again the price/performance leader.

Even hyper threading doesn't help that much, unless you use heavy multitasking a lot.

Seeing that the 2ghz Tbred with 333mhz bus and dual channel memory can take over a 3ghz P4 makes me drool about the 200mhz bus Barton and of course the Atlon 64.

By the way, it seems that the nforce2 is capable of handling DDR400 with a 200mhz bus with fast timings (Something the KT400 can't even dream to achieve). I saw somewhere an Asus A7N8X and a Chaintech running with 200mhz bus and they are screamers.

StealthHawk
12-20-02, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ReDeeMeR
Umm isnt i845PE best chipset for P4? wtf are ya'll tlaking about?

no. the i850 with PC1066RDRAM is still the best(fastest) combination for P4.

i845PE comes close with DDR333.

Granite Bay is disappointing unless you overclock. see Tom's Hardware 4.1GHz P4 to see some amazing overclocking.

styles-T
12-21-02, 01:36 AM
Thats an awesome section Tom has there..It obviously shows how AMD's setup is way more effective..Not to mention your saving around 300$...And the P4 has a 512 cache??

WTF? :confused:

Switch
12-22-02, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Cotita
By the way, it seems that the nforce2 is capable of handling DDR400 with a 200mhz bus with fast timings (Something the KT400 can't even dream to achieve). I saw somewhere an Asus A7N8X and a Chaintech running with 200mhz bus and they are screamers.

Wha? my KT400 runs a 200MHz FSB. :D :D :D

Cotita
12-23-02, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Switch
Wha? my KT400 runs a 200MHz FSB. :D :D :D

with 2 sticks of DDR400 and fast timings?

oh you believe in santa too right?

Switch
12-23-02, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Cotita
with 2 sticks of DDR400 and fast timings?

oh you believe in santa too right?

Naw, just one stick of 512MB at fast timings.