PDA

View Full Version : Slow Nvidia demos

THE VIKING
07-19-05, 09:33 PM
I know my system is no where near cutting edge, but even the Gas Station, Nalu, Timbury and Clear Sailing demos run slowly on my system. Is this because I only have 128MB RAM on my card?

jolle
07-20-05, 04:13 AM
not running dual view?
slows em down alot

PikachuMan
07-20-05, 07:45 AM
Try increasing the AGP aperture to say 256MB and see if that does anything.

rohit
07-20-05, 06:01 PM
change harware acceleration in nvidia control panel to SINGLE DISPLAY. if it isnt alread y on single display

THE VIKING
07-20-05, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, I can't change my AGP aperture setting in the BIOS. Is there any other way to do it?

mattkenn_4545
07-21-05, 01:34 AM
Try going into your bios then press ctrl-F1 to give you more options(AWARD Bios only i think)

j0j081
07-21-05, 07:09 AM
Thats an hp computer isn't it? You just added the video card. Have you done a complete reformat. OEM computers are bogged down until you wipe them clean no matter how much you remove.

THE VIKING
07-21-05, 08:40 AM
It isn't an HP computer. Also, I've cleaned out any unnecessary software on the system.

Gentle
07-21-05, 03:15 PM
Has your video card recently been installed?

Is performance in games o.k. ?

If you have problems in more than just the demos, have you considered the GART driver for the AGP bus?

Sometimes you must uninstall and then reinstall the GART driver for things to work correctly.

Gentle

j0j081
07-22-05, 12:49 AM
It isn't an HP computer. Also, I've cleaned out any unnecessary software on the system.
What kind of computer is it then? because those specs minus the video card exactly match a recent HP desktop...If you bought it from some kind of reseller they probably switched the case. Also, you say you've cleaned off any unnecessary software but if it wasn't an oem computer there woudln't have been any on it. If you don't believe me I'll post the HP model later with those exact same specs including the low cache HDD and Asus cd-rom.