PDA

View Full Version : God of War

Bad_Boy
07-20-05, 02:39 AM
...i know, im late.

anyways, I just beat this game about 5 minutes ago. What a great experience, this to me is one of the best console games out, if not one of the best games I've ever played period. Was a bit short, but thats only because I wanted more. This game has it all. Combat, Puzzles, Gore, Nudity. Not to mention a GREAT story with nice cut scenes, music, and voice acting. so, Anybody play this?

I cant wait to play God of War 2 on the ps3 ;)

|MaguS|
07-20-05, 06:24 AM
Yeah had a thread on the game awhile back. Probably one of the best console titles in a long time.

Ninjaman09
07-20-05, 07:28 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Bad_Boy, it really is one of the best games to come out in a long time. Try it on God Mode now - trust me, it's hard, but extremely rewarding. Totally worth giving it a shot. :D

Bad_Boy
07-20-05, 07:36 AM
Yeah had a thread on the game awhile back. Probably one of the best console titles in a long time.
sorry about that , i remember it though now that you mention it. i tested the demo way in january, i cant beleive im just now getting to the retail game >_<

Glad you enjoyed it Bad_Boy, it really is one of the best games to come out in a long time. Try it on God Mode now - trust me, it's hard, but extremely rewarding. Totally worth giving it a shot. :D
Definately will, i beat the game in about 7-8 hours so im definatelly gonna get some more out of it. I'm doing the Challenge of the God's part right now, DAMN its hard. I'm stuck on #8. :(

|MaguS|
07-20-05, 07:54 AM
Speaking of which...

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48022

Vagrant Zero
07-20-05, 10:53 AM
Second best console game I've played this year, behind the Godly and untouchable Resident Evil 4.

|MaguS|
07-20-05, 10:58 AM
RE4 was ok, just hated the ability to abuse the bad ai by standing ontop of a ladder and headshotting any enemy that tries to climb it.

Mr. Hunt
07-20-05, 11:15 AM
Yeah... the game is near perfect... my only problem with it is its length... I beat it in 7 hours my first time through on Normal :(.

muaddib
07-20-05, 11:36 AM
This game is THE BEST PS2 title I've played since DMC1.
Buy it, the developers HIGHLY deserves it.

Also, about it's length -
It's much better to have a short game who doesn't have a signle BORING moment rather than a long, crappy game.

Ninjaman09
07-20-05, 12:58 PM
It's much better to have a short game who doesn't have a signle BORING moment rather than a long, crappy game.
:werd:

Yep. Besides, the game has loads of replayability and extras, so there's plenty of meat to pick at. I still consider this one of my favorite games of all time.

Bad_Boy
07-20-05, 02:36 PM
yeah i agree also, i dont think i encountered one boring moment while playing the game.

Bad_Boy
07-28-05, 01:37 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/637/637274p1.html
that actually sounds like good news, god of war could make a good movie, and being made by the same people who did batman begins. (which i loved) :D

Ruined
07-28-05, 08:11 AM
waiting for 29.99 :p

|MaguS|
07-28-05, 11:44 AM
Then your missing out...

rek075
07-29-05, 09:50 PM
RE4 was ok, just hated the ability to abuse the bad ai by standing ontop of a ladder and headshotting any enemy that tries to climb it.

You could abuse level design in GoW to kill enemies safely as well.