PDA

View Full Version : What game(s) are looking forward to THIS year?

Pages : [1] 2

Seph gPu
07-20-05, 01:43 PM
Hot damn is it dry up in this mug. :D Another summer, another dry ass gaming season :thumbdwn: (At least for BF fans, BF2 has arrived, just not my cup of tea personally.)

So what game(s) are you waiting out for this fall/winter?

I was checking to see what's coming out and damn, while they might not be of the blockbuster hyped caliber of doom 3 or Half-Life 2, there's alot of stuff flooding our pc's with gaming goodness later this year.

For me personally, I'm waiting for :

- Madden 2006 8/16/05
(I love that the pc version not only looks nicer, but also, it's cheaper! Just got the gamepad pro that was made for Madden) ;)

- Fable: Lost Chapters 9/20/05
(I played the xbox version very briefly, I liked what I played, and I can't wait to play it in higher res w/ aa/af and most importantly, 30% more content!) This is THE game I'm looking forward to this year (only cuz 99% of me says quake 4 gets delayed) check out this interview gamespot did, where the developer talks about texture resolutions in the game being twice that of the one's on the xbox version, the ablility to import your own tattoo's, more quests, more monsters, etc. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fablethelostchapters/preview_6129346.html

- X-Men Legends 2 9/20/05
Another ported console game? What's become of me? Seriously though, the first game got alot of great reviews, and I dont really touch consoles, so the fact that this is coming to PC....i'll give it a shot.

- Half Life 2: Aftermath Q3?
When it is frickin coming?

- F.e.a.r 10/31/05
I'm almost afraid to buy this game. Not cause its actually scary to play, but so far, it's been very scary to run. A single 7800GTX has a hard time keeping up with this game in the beta. Hopefully the final product runs on a $600 dollar card :rolleyes: Or even on my 6800GT.

- Call of Duty 2 10/3/05
Glad they chose to go with their own engine and not on the doom 3 engine. Here's to hoping it's as action packed as the first.

- Quake 4 Nov.05?
Every year I get excited about a title and every year THAT title gets delayed. This year, I'm over-looking Quake 4, deep down hoping it still comes out this year, but knowing that lately, a pc game isn't a pc game without 2 or 3 delays under it's belt. =/

So what are you guys waiting for?

demonized
07-20-05, 01:53 PM
I've tried alot of those korean MMORPGS and they all look the same and plays the same. This looks great and might play differently.

SUN: Soul of the Ultimate Nation ( Q4 2005 )
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/sunsouloftheultimatenation/screenindex.html?page=1

Mr. Hunt
07-20-05, 01:56 PM
I have to go with Quake 4... looks like it will be extremely awesome.

BigWilly
07-20-05, 02:08 PM
I think the only games that with have a chance of pulling me away from BF2 would be Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2, that is if they are released and not delayed like so many games are nowdays!

Ninjaman09
07-20-05, 02:14 PM
Bah, I want to change my vote to Oblivion, I didn't see it until after I clicked... :(

Fotis
07-20-05, 02:31 PM
AOE III

Big fan of the series and the videos I've seen are just unbelievable. :eek:

six_storm
07-20-05, 02:35 PM
Well, since you didn't specify PC games in general, I'd have to post some console games coming out soon. Nothing for the original XBOX coming out this year has really caught my eye but . . . WHAT ABOUT XBOX 360?!!! The 360 has some really cool games during it's launch period and I'm trying to decide on what I wanna get.

Madden 2006
I'm not a huge fan of Madden because of the gameplay style. None of the PS2 Madden's really got my attention. I do wish that ESPN would come out with a football game for the 360 because ESPN 2K5 was an awesome game. Awesome graphics, great controls and a whole lot cheaper too.

Perfect Dark Zero
Here's another game franchise that I haven't been too thrilled with. Back in the day, you were either a Goldeneye person or a PD person. Remember those days? I was obviously a Goldeneye guy. But after looking at some videos of PDZ, this looks like a pretty fun FPS. I gotta have a FPS for my new XBOX.

Need for Speed:Most Wanted
Now this is going to be a pretty good racer. Bring back the old days of NFS and combine it with the Underground series. What could be better than that? BTW, search around Gamespot or FilePlanet for the new trailor :D

Saint's Row
In the September issue of Gamepro, I found that GP decided to label this game as the "Grand Theft Auto slayer". To have the sort of title, Saint's Row has a lot to live up to ya know? Now I'm a huge fan of the GTA series (not too thrilled with San Andreas) so this one better be worth looking at.

This is all I can think of right now . . .

Seph gPu
07-20-05, 02:37 PM
Well, since you didn't specify PC games in general, I'd have to post some console games coming out soon. Nothing for the original XBOX coming out this year has really caught my eye but . . . WHAT ABOUT XBOX 360?!!! The 360 has some really cool games during it's launch period and I'm trying to decide on what I wanna get.

Madden 2006
I'm not a huge fan of Madden because of the gameplay style. None of the PS2 Madden's really got my attention. I do wish that ESPN would come out with a football game for the 360 because ESPN 2K5 was an awesome game. Awesome graphics, great controls and a whole lot cheaper too.

Perfect Dark Zero
Here's another game franchise that I haven't been too thrilled with. Back in the day, you were either a Goldeneye person or a PD person. Remember those days? I was obviously a Goldeneye guy. But after looking at some videos of PDZ, this looks like a pretty fun FPS. I gotta have a FPS for my new XBOX.

Need for Speed:Most Wanted
Now this is going to be a pretty good racer. Bring back the old days of NFS and combine it with the Underground series. What could be better than that? BTW, search around Gamespot or FilePlanet for the new trailor :D

Saint's Row
In the September issue of Gamepro, I found that GP decided to label this game as the "Grand Theft Auto slayer". To have the sort of title, Saint's Row has a lot to live up to ya know? Now I'm a huge fan of the GTA series (not too thrilled with San Andreas) so this one better be worth looking at.

This is all I can think of right now . . .

I figured since there is a seperate console forum, that console games would be talked about there. Sorry ....guess I should have specified...I'm talking PC GAMES. :D

LT.Schaffer
07-20-05, 02:43 PM
I'm Looking forward to
1.Armed Assault[Updated Operation Flashpoint engine with new content]
2.Half Life 2:AfterMath
3.Star Wars BattleFront 2[mmm... Space Battles :D ]
4.Serious Sam 2
5.Myst V:End Of Ages
6.Hitman:BloodMoney
7.The Matrix:Path of Neo
8.Tomb Raider:Legend
9.Rainbox Six:Lockdown
10.Soul Calibur 3

FraGTastiK
07-20-05, 02:45 PM
where's the enemy territory:Quake wars ?

I voted for quake 4 as the closest thing to quake wars.

Tygerwoody
07-20-05, 02:52 PM
voted Oblivion

I do want Quake 4, but it will be delayed, and really FPS games are just starting to bore me as of late :o

Seph gPu
07-20-05, 03:28 PM
where's the enemy territory:Quake wars ?

I voted for quake 4 as the closest thing to quake wars.

The question asks which game you're looking forward to most this year.

Enemy Territories isn't in the Poll because it's a mid 2006 game. ;)

CaptNKILL
07-20-05, 03:51 PM
Oblivion is going to be awesome... I cant wait! :)

muaddib
07-20-05, 04:01 PM
- QuakeWars
- Quake4
- Prey
- F.E.A.R
- HL2:Aftermath (release the friggin' lost-coast level first!)
- Gears of War (the CO-OP could be awesome)
- AOE III

Bad_Boy
07-20-05, 04:45 PM
- QuakeWars
- Quake4
- Prey
- F.E.A.R
- HL2:Aftermath (release the friggin' lost-coast level first!)
- Gears of War (the CO-OP could be awesome)
- AOE III
this year, as stated above once or twice. ;)

me? i gotta go with q4.

Subtestube
07-20-05, 04:59 PM
Civ IV. Yeah - it's coming in November unless it gets delayed. Nothing beats the Civilization goodness (Please don't let them ruin it!)

Failing that, Quake IV and Elder Scrolls IV. Why does everything I'm looking forward to end in IV? I don't know.

Acid Rain
07-21-05, 01:35 AM
Quake IV will definitely do some serious owning, but Oblivion is definitely at the top of my must have list.

By the way, nice list. Those are all probably going to be must havers, except for Aftermath.

Slyder
07-21-05, 01:49 AM
Call of Duty 2 all the way baby. :afro2:

And then maybe an exp pack for Guild Wars. :D

SH64
07-21-05, 02:12 AM
Black & White 2
Quake 4
F.E.A.R
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (most important for me)
Serious Sam 2
BF2 Expansion
Call of Duty 2
Prey

& not sure if there are going to be any other good games coming this year.

six_storm
07-21-05, 02:18 AM
I figured since there is a seperate console forum, that console games would be talked about there. Sorry ....guess I should have specified...I'm talking PC GAMES. :D

. . . . gay. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to those titles. The PC doesn't seem to have that many good titles coming out this year though. Unreal 2007 is the only title that I'm just thrilled to see but it's coming out for the 360!

Acid Rain
07-21-05, 04:22 AM
The PC doesn't seem to have that many good titles coming out this year though.If Oblivion really hits the showfloor this year, I don't think I'll be needing "many" games.

I just hope they can pull it off without having to make serious cuts doing it.

pingu2
07-21-05, 04:29 AM
Civ 4 - hopefully that will keep me busy for the next 4 years!

BioHazZarD
07-21-05, 06:15 AM
Fear no doubts about it this is gonna be sweet.

j0j081
07-21-05, 07:37 AM
My vote goes to Quake 4/Wars and Fable. I played Fable on my ex-gfs xbox for a few hours and liked it.

Namrok
07-21-05, 09:06 AM
I'm most looking forward to Spore. I'm looking forward to the new batches of FPS games too, and Oblivion looks kind of spiffy, but I've been dying for something NEW and Spore seems to fit the bill.