PDA

View Full Version : Colors screwed up in Windows Media Player

LanceVance
07-20-05, 08:46 PM
I bought Battlefield 2, it told me to download the latest graphics drivers. I went to nVidia's site, downloaded and installed drivers 77.72. dxdiag now says version 6.14.0010.7772

Now, all games work great but when I try to watch movies in Windows Media Player, the colors are all screwed up. All other games and apps appear fine.

I assume this must be a common problem. Anyone know how this is resolved? I'd rather not have to downgrade to a previous version; but I bet that would fix the issue.

Windows XP
MSI Neo K8N Platinum Motherboard
GeForce 6800 (VGA XFX|GF 6800 128MB PVT40KND RTL)

AthlonXP1800
07-20-05, 09:02 PM
Well I dont have any problem with Media Player, you probably have old Media Player version, the latest version is build 3802.

yooyo
07-20-05, 09:21 PM
It's a known problem... you shoud search forum before asking such question. There is a at least 5 thread about this problem.

anyway...
Go to driver setup pages, choose Color correction, then select Overlay and finally change from standard mode to Advanced mode. Hit OK, and that's it.

LanceVance
07-21-05, 01:02 AM
It's a known problem... you shoud search forum before asking such question. There is a at least 5 thread about this problem.

anyway...
Go to driver setup pages, choose Color correction, then select Overlay and finally change from standard mode to Advanced mode. Hit OK, and that's it.

That fixed it; thanks!!

Actually, I did do several searches and found several threads with the exact same issue. However, none of those threads had solutions. In hindsight further research would have turned up the solution.

Acid Rain
07-21-05, 01:20 AM
I know you fixed it, but the best fix would be to download these (http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_77.76.html) fantastic new drivers. They are beta, but, as most of us know, NV's very finest drivers are always betas. Best drivers ever. Also, among the various fixes in this driver (over the 77.72), you also get the opportunity to force triple buffering in OpenGL. A definite must have.

Check out what people think of them here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53858).

gabe1972
08-03-05, 04:08 PM
Hey yooyo,

Thanks for the help. I was having this problem also and I tried what you said. It worked perfectly. Thanks.