PDA

View Full Version : using purevideo within Forceware Multimedia App?

ofelas
07-21-05, 08:29 AM
Hi all,

I notice on the NVidia PureVideo Decoder pages, it mentions that the video & audio decoders within Foreware Multimedia App 3.00.50 will utilize the newer (better?) versions after PureVideo Decoder is installed as far as DVD playback goes.

Is there a procedure for enabling this usage of the newer decoders from within Forceware Multimedia App?

The reason I prefer to use Forceware Multimedia App is because I prefer it's user interface to that of WMP, and it's nice being able to "resume" a movie (I can find the "resume movie to previous location" function within WMP).

Thanks!

DSC
07-21-05, 09:29 AM
There's no special procedure, once installed FWMM will use the newer decoders.

ofelas
07-21-05, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! Are the purevideo decoders worth the extra $$$ over FWMM? I'll be using on my Precision M70 (specs in my sig below), mainly for mobile DVD presentations/DVD watching on a TV.
I'm not too familiar with the pros & cons of Automatic versus Smart deinterlacing, or the pros & cons of Overlay vs VMR7 or VMR9, so any pointers there would be greatly appreciated.

j0j081
07-22-05, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! Are the purevideo decoders worth the extra $$$ over FWMM? I'll be using on my Precision M70 (specs in my sig below), mainly for mobile DVD presentations/DVD watching on a TV.
I'm not too familiar with the pros & cons of Automatic versus Smart deinterlacing, or the pros & cons of Overlay vs VMR7 or VMR9, so any pointers there would be greatly appreciated.
I think it's worth it and I only play with WMP. I didn't get the FWMM app with my card and don't know how else to obtain it. Picture and sound are at least as good as WinDVD and PowerDVD, I think better and most professional reviews find it so to.

kam03
07-22-05, 10:03 AM
Where can i get forceware multimedia from? thnaks

j0j081
07-23-05, 01:58 AM
Where can i get forceware multimedia from? thnaks
bump.

fivefeet8
07-23-05, 03:08 AM
The decoder also has it's own media player. If you look in the install directory of the decoder, there is an NstantMedia.exe which is a media app..

j0j081
07-23-05, 05:53 AM
The decoder also has it's own media player. If you look in the install directory of the decoder, there is an InstantMedia.exe which is a media app..
yeah I just tried that and it seems pretty nice. On the older version I couldn't get it working but now I'm impressed.