PDA

View Full Version : BF2 bug or driver issue?

Zurble
07-21-05, 11:58 AM
on the sharqi peninsula map, the ground isn't displayed correctly. It's like there is a pit further away, but when i walk toward that 'pit', it starts displaying correctly.
it is under the double 'p' of the word "supplémentaires" on the screenshot.

I use 77.76, BF 1.00 and TAA SS, Ultra settings

PSYCHODAD
07-21-05, 01:52 PM
I also have noticed this on occasion. Just started using the 77.76 drivers, however I also had this on the 71.89 forceware.

Zurble
07-21-05, 02:01 PM
ok...must be a bug in BF2
It happens too on a P4 granite bay with 9800 XT on medium/high settings

didn't try 1.02 yet

it was not the first time i loaded that map, but it was the first time i noticed that

Superfly
07-21-05, 02:04 PM
I dont get that bug but i do get another graphical bug that only occurs on occasion.

Sandbags every once in a while dont display the texture properly.

sorry I dont have a screen shot but it has been discussed in this forum sometime recently.

I did find that if you force the game to re-optimize the shaders by deleting the shader cache it solved that issue for me - also optimising shaders on the default SP map selection (a map without sandbags) worked rather well. too.

might not help you but it certainy cant hurt to try........

Zurble
07-21-05, 02:12 PM
deleteting cache doesn't help
reinstalling neither
patching 1.02 neither
default settings or high quality neither

Zips
07-21-05, 05:37 PM
If it sort of "morphs" into what it should be the closer you get to it, then I've seen it before too. I mainly see it on areas of the land in in the Kubra Dam where the view distance is pretty far away. Seems like a botched attempt to create a scalable LOD for objects/land features.

anthonyl
07-21-05, 07:39 PM
I dont get that bug but i do get another graphical bug that only occurs on occasion.

Sandbags every once in a while dont display the texture properly.

sorry I dont have a screen shot but it has been discussed in this forum sometime recently.

I did find that if you force the game to re-optimize the shaders by deleting the shader cache it solved that issue for me - also optimising shaders on the default SP map selection (a map without sandbags) worked rather well. too.

might not help you but it certainy cant hurt to try........

Do the sandbags look "sort of funky and psycadelic"? I get that too sometimes.

killahsin
07-21-05, 07:44 PM
Do the sandbags look "sort of funky and psycadelic"? I get that too sometimes.

Thats their on the fly shader optimizations, lol. As much of a joke as it sounds like im trying to make its true.

5150 Joker
07-21-05, 08:19 PM
If it sort of "morphs" into what it should be the closer you get to it, then I've seen it before too. I mainly see it on areas of the land in in the Kubra Dam where the view distance is pretty far away. Seems like a botched attempt to create a scalable LOD for objects/land features.

That's exactly what it is - a botched LOD system. This game's engine is junk.

Zurble
07-22-05, 06:33 AM
shouldn't that be corrected in 1.02? i htink i saw that in the release note...gonna check, but i still have that error

Merefield
07-23-05, 11:42 AM
The game engine, junk??

I think thats a bit harsh. Its always a trade-off between accuracy and performance. OK, so its not 100% accurate the whole time, but look at the amount of stuff its depicting at any one time!

subbo
07-27-05, 03:48 PM
Firstly the "morphing" earth is a poly grid optimization used in other games prior to BF2 but this is the first time in the refractor engine. It's not a bug.

Secondly the warping sandbags is usually a sign of errors in the gpu, and will go away if you lower your clocks.