PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen FarCry in a while, OMG!

PaiN
07-21-05, 02:24 PM
...It looks delish :D
I played through when it first came out on a 9800Pro....Damn, has it grown-up. Don't know why but I installed it to v1.32 today, for no good reason and I can't believe good the new lighting looks and it runs silk smooth.
I might have to play through it again :rolleyes:

btw....no sound or graphical bugs noticed

$n][pErMan
07-21-05, 02:39 PM
I saw this game for like $20 at Micro Center the other day... I should go back and pick it up. Never played it ... and have heard nothing but good things for the single player :)

PaiN
07-21-05, 03:03 PM
Definately not one to miss.....game play to match the lusious visuals :) . Also check out a local EB's used section, I think used its going for around $15.00

SH64
07-21-05, 04:42 PM
Already finished it for the 3rd time .. now the 4th time will be "HDRy" ;)

jAkUp
07-21-05, 05:03 PM
You never played Far-Cry??!!! You are teh devil!!! :D

Darkoz
07-22-05, 09:15 PM
Still playing it now for the sixth time, it's the only game that hasn't been uninstalled since I bought it well over a year ago.
Since it's release, nothing comes close to it, definitely my favourite PC game of all time..

ralinn
07-22-05, 09:18 PM
This is probably an old question but...

Can anyone tell me how to enable HDR in 1.32? It will be much appreciated :)

Not gone throught he game with HDR yet, is it true I have to disable AA & AF? :(

Darkoz
07-22-05, 09:30 PM
This is probably an old question but...

Can anyone tell me how to enable HDR in 1.32? It will be much appreciated :)

Not gone throught he game with HDR yet, is it true I have to disable AA & AF? :(

Type /r_hdrrendering 1 in the console.
You need to have AA disabled but you can use AF.

Here's an excellent, very comprehensive twaek guide for FarCry you might like to check out.........FarCry Tweak Guide (http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_1.html)

extreme4377
07-22-05, 09:41 PM
FarCry is a kick-ass game. Definitely worth playing. I bought a gig of ram becuase of that game. Now people are buying 2gigs for BF2. IMO, FarCry is easily one of the best games Ive ever played.

SH64
07-22-05, 10:15 PM
After 3 plays of the game .. i just found a secret route in the treehouse level that let you pass the whole jungle fight :o

Darkoz
07-22-05, 10:30 PM
For all you farCry fans, there's an excellent mod called "matto3" containing different levels, weapons and gameplay. Well worth the download, highly recommended, loved the ending.........MATTO3 MOD (http://farcry.filefront.com/file/Matto3;43116)

SH64
07-22-05, 10:42 PM
For all you farCry fans, there's an excellent mod called "matto3" containing different levels, weapons and gameplay. Well worth the download, highly recommended, loved the ending.........MATTO3 MOD (http://farcry.filefront.com/file/Matto3;43116)

Yep played that mod as well .. its a fantastic one.
actually in some ways its better that the original game .. esp the ending ;)

Roliath
07-23-05, 02:29 AM
Hmm, once I get my rig back up and running (getting my case painted :D), I'll probably give a run through and see if 2GB's of ram makes a difference then 1GB. And maybe I'll finally play it with HDR!

SH64
07-23-05, 03:54 PM
Nope no difference between 1 & 2GB of RAM as far as i experianced.

F_L_C
07-23-05, 11:38 PM

Wow, I never even knew about the Matto series until now. You can tell Matto3 is quality right from the beginning scene, where Jack hangs down from the trees and caps the two mercs w/ the silencer. I was like, "hell yes!" If this guy doesn't work for Crytek, he should (yeah I know, this is a "cliche" to compliment a modder, but this guy really should work for Crytek). Thanks, I'll be downloading anything that is associated with "Matto" from now on.

Banko
07-24-05, 12:14 AM
It's really amazing how much Far Cry looks better then Battlefield 2, and even with HDR on it doesn't stutter as much.

Wolfhound
07-24-05, 09:43 AM
...It looks delish :D
I played through when it first came out on a 9800Pro....Damn, has it grown-up. Don't know why but I installed it to v1.32 today, for no good reason and I can't believe good the new lighting looks and it runs silk smooth.
I might have to play through it again :rolleyes:

btw....no sound or graphical bugs noticed

I had the same impression when reinstalled it and updated to 1.32, last time I played this game was on my AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and my ATI Radeon 9800pro, and playing again with all maxed out.... impressive :drooling: and now playing again :D

ralinn
07-24-05, 09:53 AM
Type /r_hdrrendering 1 in the console.
You need to have AA disabled but you can use AF.

Here's an excellent, very comprehensive twaek guide for FarCry you might like to check out.........FarCry Tweak Guide (http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_1.html)