PDA

View Full Version : FlatOut Not Running

Buenamos
07-22-05, 01:10 AM
I am currently having issues running flatout on my new rig. I have tried the game normally and then also with the 1.1 patch. It's still a no go. Basically the menu is all twitchy and when i boot into a level it'll just freeze. I've looked on flatout forums and still haven't found anything related. Jakup, I know you have a similar rig as me, along with x64. Could you give it a try? (I remember you used to play it when it first came out as did i ;))

P.S. I'm pretty dissapointed with nvidia drivers ever since I upgraded from my x800xt pe to these. Don't see why people think ATI drivers are buggy when I never had ANY problems with them. (please don't start this into a flamewar)

jAkUp
07-22-05, 01:27 AM
Haven't even tried it on x64 yet... I will give it a go. Whcih drivers are you using?

OWA
07-22-05, 11:28 AM
I am currently having issues running flatout on my new rig. I have tried the game normally and then also with the 1.1 patch. It's still a no go. Basically the menu is all twitchy and when i boot into a level it'll just freeze. I've looked on flatout forums and still haven't found anything related. Jakup, I know you have a similar rig as me, along with x64. Could you give it a try? (I remember you used to play it when it first came out as did i ;))

P.S. I'm pretty dissapointed with nvidia drivers ever since I upgraded from my x800xt pe to these. Don't see why people think ATI drivers are buggy when I never had ANY problems with them. (please don't start this into a flamewar)
I have the same issue but I'm using XP 32. I just picked up FlatOut last weekend but rarely can finish a race due to locking. I thought it was my system though since I'm having a lot of issues like that anyway. The menu is only twitchy when I'm using SLI so I removed the predefined part in the nvapps.xml file so I could change it to use a single GPU. In single GPU mode I can sometimes complete a race but it'll still lock quite a bit right at the start of the race where they tell you to hit enter to begin.

Buenamos
07-22-05, 11:39 AM
Haven't even tried it on x64 yet... I will give it a go. Whcih drivers are you using?

WQHL 77.62's.

fivefeet8
07-22-05, 01:24 PM
Strangely, I'm playing Flat Out without problems here. Nothing really special that I'm doing either.

Acid Rain
07-22-05, 05:09 PM
Strangely, I'm playing Flat Out without problems here. Nothing really special that I'm doing either.Same here. The ol' Athlon XP/NV40 combo is the most stable I've ever used.

I'd say toss a few drivers around till you find a set that works, except I doubt it'll be anything more than a waste of time. It's highly likely that the mb bios and it's interaction with your card and cpu is the culprit. I've seen identicle problems in the past that were 100% due to the early bios.

Also, if OWA's system is acting funny, the world is close to it's end. OWA never has issues, possibly even fewer than myself. If jAkUp's system has no problems, we can assume that it's X2 related, either OS wise, driverwise, or mb bios-wise. Something isn't quite ready for primetime. I'm sure it'll be sorted out quickly, though. (popcorn)

OWA
07-22-05, 09:01 PM
The ol' Athlon XP/NV40 combo is the most stable I've ever used.

Ain't that the truth. I'm pretty much hating that I changed so many things at once. Oh well, I guess it serves me right for always saying "no problems here". I guess I'm getting to see the other side for a change. :)

OWA
07-23-05, 05:55 PM
Hmm, FlatOut runs fine now that I've replaced the X2 4800+ in my system with the X64 3500+. No glitchy menus and the game runs without locking.

john19055
07-24-05, 08:31 AM
I just got Flatout and it runs great on my slow system and the version I got is 1.2. I don't never have no problems with nvidia drivers Helll if one does'nt work right there fifty more to try from as far as that goes I don't have any problems with ATI drivers ,my 9800pro is still going strong.

OWA
07-24-05, 08:37 PM
If you haven't installed your AMD CPU drivers, install them. After I installed the CPU drivers, FlatOut works properly for me.

john19055
07-25-05, 03:28 AM
What AMD CPU drivers are you talking about,I thought that was install when you install WinXP.

Buenamos
07-25-05, 01:01 PM
Well, I reinstalled the x2 x64 drivers. I know I installed them when I first reformatted cause I have a whole directory full of drivers on my downloads partition but oh well. It runs great. Thanx for the help guys.

OWA
07-25-05, 08:13 PM
What AMD CPU drivers are you talking about,I thought that was install when you install WinXP.

For the X2 (heh, these completely solved all my stability issues):

X2 (http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ComputingSolutions/0,,30_288_1274_3734^871^13118,00.html)

For the A64 (which btw, I didn't have to install for things to work):

A64 (http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ComputingSolutions/0,,30_288_1274_3734^871^9706,00.html)

john19055
07-26-05, 08:41 PM
I did'nt know AMD had any new drivers ,I installed them but I can't tell they did anything ,BUt this game FlatOUt is sick I mean do the high jump with a person and use him as a dart or a bowling ball ,this game is pretty fun.