PDA

View Full Version : BF2 1.03 Patch

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
07-22-05, 02:00 PM
Towards the end of August, we will be releasing a new patch, 1.03. This patch is currently underway and will undergo thorough testing before it goes out to avoid the problems that have occurred in the past. There are over 140 fixes and improvements in this patch. Here are just a few of them:

* Server and Client performance improvements.
* Improved Server Browser - added Favorites and History Lists.
* Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer point farming exploits.
* Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to join.
* Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle, zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.
* Teamkilling changes - the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.
* Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.
* Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.

http://eagames.co.uk/news.read.asp?id=4103

WhyYouLoveMe
07-22-05, 02:09 PM
Sweet! Too bad it's gonna take a while... :(

LiquidX
07-22-05, 02:29 PM
Thats great, many of those changes deal with the exact problems I had with the game.

|JuiceZ|
07-22-05, 02:53 PM
Bout time, this is the real patch we've been waiting for, too bad its still a month away though.

ralinn
07-22-05, 03:22 PM
Nice, I've really wanted a favs list for BF2 as HLSW still doesn't support it :(

BigWilly
07-22-05, 03:24 PM
As a huge bf2 fan this is music to my ears. I just hope they do as they stated and throughly test everything, as it is really annoying when they fix one thing and break another. The new patch 1.02 has been working for me just fine, other then of few days where stats didn't seem to track. Anyone else have that problem. Tried multiple servers so that wasn't the problem.

Banko
07-22-05, 03:29 PM
I hope this means they optimized it enough, so it doesn't need more then a gig of ram!

nVestor
07-22-05, 04:05 PM
w00t! :cool:

Mudcrutch
07-22-05, 04:07 PM
great, although its amazing how some of this stuff didnt make it into the ORIGINAL RELEASE.

Tygerwoody
07-22-05, 04:39 PM
where is "Fixed problem where sniper's were given pea shooters, instead of actual sniper rifles."

Zips
07-22-05, 04:39 PM
Damn good news right there. A month away or a day away, I'm just glad they're working on polishing the game up.

brady
07-22-05, 04:45 PM
Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points

finally!!! :D

ralinn
07-22-05, 08:53 PM
great, although its amazing how some of this stuff didnt make it into the ORIGINAL RELEASE.
deadlines?

Roliath
07-23-05, 02:26 AM
finally!!! :D
AMEN!!
I don't know how many times I blew up the enemies radar/command post/arty thinking i would get points for it!

jAkUp
07-23-05, 02:39 AM
Yea, the no points for blowing up radar command posts is so lame. Especially since I do it so much I want to be rewarded :D

Muppet
07-23-05, 06:50 AM
The thing i hate the most is the stupid team kills where some idiot runs out in front of your vehicle and you get punished for it by loosing points when they are the dumb ones, god that pisses me off :thumbdwn:

vampireuk
07-23-05, 10:23 AM
Perhaps EA will take a page out of Novalogics book and break the game with the upcoming patch and have the expansion magically fix it. (Joint operations) :p

muaddib
07-23-05, 10:29 AM
I want them to disable the CD-Check so I can run the game without a mini-image loaded.

MrSavoy
07-23-05, 10:53 AM
Finally the patch we all wanted from the get go, they probably wanted to get this out the door sooner but had to work on the memory leak problem on the first 2 patches. Still a month out but at least we know the improvements we wanted are coming.

Viventis
07-23-05, 12:38 PM
>Hope they fix.......

Hey...how about some way to stop bunny hopping?! Something like not being able to jump at all unless you are facing some object.

Radea
07-23-05, 02:01 PM
Yea God forbid a game requires skill (Which BF2 is fairly limited in anyway) for movement.

nVestor
07-23-05, 03:07 PM
Yea God forbid a game requires skill (Which BF2 is fairly limited in anyway) for movement.
Ya, no doubt! lol... :lol:

To win is to lose, Viventis. I have no problem hunting the bunnies. I usually just hop with them until they run out of rounds or stamina, then I bust a cap in their ***. :D

However the game is not meant for Rambo's. Teamwork is necessary/required. So while I might not be shooting them while hopping with them, one in my squad might be. Then I top it off with a "BOOM! Head shot!!!"

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=FPS-doug

Gaco
07-23-05, 03:21 PM
Yea, the no points for blowing up radar command posts is so lame. Especially since I do it so much I want to be rewarded :D

Haha, I don't mind it that much 'cause I'm more used to repair the habengut when people like you starts on wrecking teh **** :p

But yeah it's a welcome feature as I do it occationally too :)

sonaboy
07-25-05, 06:14 PM
* Teamkilling changes - the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.

____

Thank GOD - i hope this means that you don't get booted when idiot teammates drive over your very visible and avoidable mines, and then punish you.

or the occasional stray artillary shell - whichever...

Gaco
07-25-05, 07:39 PM
Right now it's just nice that all unlock weapons are available to everyone playing on ranked servers for some reason :)

Probably just a glitch/hack in gamespy, EA masterserver or something...