PDA

View Full Version : I got second Leadtek 7800GTx but can't make SLi configuration - need some backup.

Pages : [1] 2

Peacemaker
07-23-05, 12:59 PM
Hi!
I just got another L7800GTx. just flashed bios to the same as my previous, put it on the slot, ez-plug - in, and put asus connector on it (J1 to primary card, J2 to secondary, btw - any diffrence? i was trying witch it, doesn't work). Windows boot up normally, secondary card is on the list, but has got this little yellow triangle (on the manager list) -what's wrong ? A.I. selector shows dual mode....

please, help me.

Peacemaker.

Roch
07-23-05, 01:09 PM
Try uninstalling the forceware drivers, (use driver cleaner) then reinstalling.

Peacemaker
07-23-05, 01:14 PM
yea, i was trying it... damn... it looks like irq problem maybe.. no idea :(

Zurble
07-23-05, 01:37 PM
i got that too several times.
usually when installing drivers, your monitor should become black twice. If it does it only once then you get that triangle at reboot, and no SLI message
did you try to swap cards ? if it works, your cards are fine (flashing bios can be dangerous)
the bridge have no special direction (work the same in both for me), and in the manual, i have pictures of both
check the BIOS settings, disable the PEG link, set to 2 cards instead of a auto, and other specific options to premium (which i don't know)...
use driver cleaner in safe mode to see.
using 77.76 instead of 77.72 gave me better detection.

My problem was mainly the CPU not feeded enought. I raised the CPU voltage and it worked again. I suspect the second card to take more juice from CPU...but i work overclocked (even with my OCZ 520 modstream active PFC)

Peacemaker
07-24-05, 07:14 PM
I NEED HELP WITH THIS DAMN 7800GTX SLI !!!!
I spend all weekend and trying put it on - failed..... i have no idea what to do... maybe this bridge wich connecting both cards is broken ? or maybe mb is broken ? or maybe gpu is broken ?!?!

Damn... i spedn a lot of money for this **** and it doesn't work !
I'm really pist-off.....

I flashing both Leadtek's to the newest bios from L site, i was trying four diffrence bios for mb... i was switching cards in the slots, i was switching power cables... i was taking off the bridge connector, i broke this little thing who taking graphic card in the position ( :mad: ) i put off battery, clear cmos, etc... i was trying to put off ez-plug... stil the same **** :

Peacemaker_RIG
-7800GTX
-7800GTX(!)*

damn !
P.

*yellow circle with black ! inside

MUYA
07-24-05, 07:23 PM
That sucks....I know your fustrations when you get stuff and it don't work.

Hmm ensure the Selector card with the "dual video" labeled print edge is inserted on the slot?

check bios settings?

you have to enable SLI in the forceware applate too.

Other than that.....does the new card work ok by itself?

Peacemaker
07-25-05, 01:08 AM
Hmm ensure the Selector card with the "dual video" labeled print edge is inserted on the slot?

check bios settings?

you have to enable SLI in the forceware applate too.

Other than that.....does the new card work ok by itself?

On Premium board i don't have selector card - all software,
I'll try all bios settings i know,
yep, i know but i have no SLI box inside the drivers,
both cards working fine on primary slots, and it looks like there is no matter that is another one into secondary pci/w slot :(

P.

btw.

What bios for Leadtek's You are using ? latest with 450/1250 ?
When i was upgrading on it, that was strange but i can flash to PAL bios - only NTSC was ok... but in my country we don't have NTSC. PAL is avaible. Weird.

Zurble
07-25-05, 03:04 AM
Try benching both card in single card mode (if they perform well you can be sure they are not at fault), specialy if you flashed them at higher speeds.
When doing this, also check the BIOS version, speeds, memory size,.... for each card to be sure they are flashed correctly (use rivatuner or control panel info)

when u install the drivers (which?) in SLI before first reboot, does your screen goes black twice? if not, i think it is a detection issue.

Disable the PEG link in bios (this is an auto overclcking thing for GFX), disable broadcast aperture, and set manually to DUAL card.

do you overclock something? (i had the same issue then u but it was my CPU voltage in fault)

i also broke that little white plastic retention thing...not very usefull anyway.

I know that premium don't use a card selector, but do you have a jumper or something else instead?

and disable all thoose asus AI things, they make more troubles then they do resolve. Don't install the AI progs neither. they are mostly auto overclocking things out of control.

Muppet
07-25-05, 03:44 AM
Just an idea have you tried to force SLI in the bios?

MUYA
07-25-05, 06:01 AM
On Premium board i don't have selector card - all software,
I'll try all bios settings i know,
yep, i know but i have no SLI box inside the drivers,
both cards working fine on primary slots, and it looks like there is no matter that is another one into secondary pci/w slot :(

P.

btw.

What bios for Leadtek's You are using ? latest with 450/1250 ?
When i was upgrading on it, that was strange but i can flash to PAL bios - only NTSC was ok... but in my country we don't have NTSC. PAL is avaible. Weird.
dude i use the bios that came with the boards...not the 450Mhz one.

That is strange that you have no SLI page in the forceware applet! Did you right click on the icon with yellow exclamation mark and do a driver update? Only thing I can think off....

It may also be a case of....faulty mobo dude?

Peacemaker
07-25-05, 11:25 AM
"Try benching both card in single card mode (if they perform well you can be sure they are not at fault), specialy if you flashed them at higher speeds.
When doing this, also check the BIOS version, speeds, memory size,.... for each card to be sure they are flashed correctly (use rivatuner or control panel info)
when u install the drivers (which?) in SLI before first reboot, does your screen goes black twice? if not, i think it is a detection issue.
Disable the PEG link in bios (this is an auto overclcking thing for GFX), disable broadcast aperture, and set manually to DUAL card.
do you overclock something? (i had the same issue then u but it was my CPU voltage in fault)

i also broke that little white plastic retention thing...not very usefull anyway.

I know that premium don't use a card selector, but do you have a jumper or something else instead?
and disable all thoose asus AI things, they make more troubles then they do resolve. Don't install the AI progs neither. they are mostly auto overclocking things out of control."

Well, ok i do some experimental run - put away primary cad and run only secondary in pci/e 2 slot. It works! 3DMark 2005 - 7950.
Replace cards on the same second pci/e slot - score - 7930. Hmmm...
So, both pci/e slots looks ok, if there is only one gpu.

I put all together - score 7900 (two graphics, but SLI not avaible).

It looks like bridge problem. The shop, where i buy my mb ordered another A8N SLI Premium, it will be tommorow, then i will replace only a bridge connector and i will see what happens...
-------------------
Bios is identical on both gpu's, same ram, same speeds, rev, etc.
--------------------
77.72 - yes screen blank twice , i think...
---------------------
PEG disable, manually set to dual card
negative - all speeds are stock.
---------------------
lol ! you broke it too ? :)
---------------------
negative - no jumper on the mb,

thx for replies.
it looks like i'll be shure tommorow

greetings,

P.

MUYA
07-25-05, 11:28 AM
hope it works out!!! good luck!!

Zurble
07-25-05, 12:30 PM
u should get far better results even without bridge:
http://www.pcinpact.com/actu/news/Assouplissement_du_SLI_Juste_pour_de_la_fausse_.ht m
it's in french, they used 2 6800 Gt, but u can see the graphs and numbers.
1) you should get results between 8000 and 11000 -> 9500 without the bridge
2) even without the bridge, you should not get this triangle exclamation...

exclamation mark is usually conflict with other hardware, what do you have in other PCI slots (network/sound card?)
what is sharing IRQ with your second PCIe card ? (device manager -> view by ressources)
i had my Wifi card sharing IRQ with PCIe2, even if i had no issue, i moved it to the middle slot to avoid IRQ conflict.
i still have my silicon SATA sharing IRQ 19, but it seems to work well.
IRQ mapping is not always clear in the manual so you ll probably have to move and try.

anyway i am a little bit dubious about that since you tried both card alone in respective slot without issue, unless the IRQ mapping was set to the same unshared IRQ in both case...(probably depends on the plug and play OS option in the bios)

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 09:35 AM
I just try a new bridge connector... doesn't work :( i'll try to replace mb....

P.

it still looks like this :

http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/sli_problem2.jpg

MUYA
07-26-05, 09:38 AM
sorry to hear man...I hope u get things sorted!

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 09:55 AM
i add a picture...

MUYA
07-26-05, 10:11 AM
dude this is what i get for my property Sheet for the G70

hmm Ok i get teh same in the Devnode flags....but with teh started thing.

For some reason your mobo is not sttarting the 2nd GTX. Have u tried ASUS or pcper.com forums? have u tried nvidia forums in nzone?

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 10:32 AM
EVEREST shows that my pci/e 3 is in use..... hmmm
i just flach-back to default bios both card... still nothing...

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 02:55 PM
http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/sli_problem_pci5.jpg

any idea ? can You check it ?

P.

edit :

what the f... ? how it come ???
(still old mb and bios 1001)

http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/wtf1.jpg

edit :

device id... hmm.. bios is the same on both cards.

http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/device1.jpg

Zurble
07-26-05, 05:03 PM
in everest, PCIe port 2 and 3 are empty for my board, but it could be some trick for premium to not use a card selector like the deluxe.

can you post screenshot from device manager, but view by connexion.
You should have PC Monoprocessr -> PCI bus ->nforce 4 PCIE root -> 7800 GTX
there are four roots. on my computer 2 are used by the 7800, and 1 of the 7800 as a other branch -> default monitor

can you also post a screen with view by type -> IRQ

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 05:39 PM
here ya go!

http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/connect1.jpg

http://peacemaker.neostrada.pl/pub/sli/irq1.jpg

Zurble
07-26-05, 06:13 PM
what is that NVIDIA nforce pci management on IRQ 5?
i don't have that??? strange that it use IRQ 5, i thought it was reserved for ISA by default
edit: i found it...but it doesn't use IRQ for me

try to find other software to see what is on that PCIe port 3.
do you have sisoft sandra for exemple ?
i don't use many of them (sisoft/everest) perhaps there are others that can show what you have on that slot

your device manager doesn't show anything on other PCIe ports.

If your bios is still 1001, check on asus support web site, it might not support 4400+ by default (didn't check).
the latest is 1005. U might also try newer chipset drivers...
support.asus.com

Peacemaker
07-26-05, 06:35 PM
you got it...

btw,

i'm on new mb.. still same **** !!!!!
I can't bielieve it... bad luck for me... i will throw all this **** by window...
damn it....

is it possible, that one of 7800gtx is broken ?

Peacemaker.

those screenshot are made on 1005 bios with 6.53 nForce drv...
i give up....

P.

Zurble
07-26-05, 09:11 PM
no you tested them separatly....
something wrong with the PCIe bus perhaps
did you try reinstalling XP with only chipset drivers, forceware (77.76 are fine) and 3dmark?

Peacemaker
07-31-05, 07:23 AM
investigation in progress... Leadtek's and mb is in service... first off all... 2x6800u working good on this mb... tommorow they try GB or DFI mb... but i think that one of the card has broken SLI connector...
we will see...

Peacemaker.