Pages : [1] 2 3

Napoleon_Kane
07-25-05, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone , i am a new member on this forum ,
this is my first question , i hope someone can help me out,
last week i change my 6800LE to INNO3d Geforce 7800GTX ,
but after the change , i feel that the performance is worse than my 6800LE,
for example , i can play gunz Online without any Graphic lag ,
but after i put my 7800GTX on , i can't play the game as smooth as my 6800LE , and when i play FarCry , the Graphic lag are more seriously ,
i use this video setting to play the game ,
1024x768 32bit colour , all setting to high , 2x AA and 4x AF ,
but i just can't play it smoothly with my 7800GTX ,
and i don't thing it would happen with such a puwerful card ,
and last , here's my computer spec , i really hope someone can help me out,
thanks !

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz with HT
1GB Kingston DDR400 Dual Channel
INNO3D GeForce 7800GTX
Matorx 160 GB HD
A 450~530 W power supple
WindowsXP SP-2

Zurble
07-25-05, 02:00 PM
sounds weird...7800 is far...far ....far more powerfull then a 6800 ... LE

it's hard to perceive lags at your place specially in online games where all kind of lags are mixed.
did you try a map on LAN ? (don't know that game)

the best way to check if your card is correctly set is to gives us some numbers.
3dmark2005 can be compared easily with other configs here.
and opengl results (doom3 timedemo?)

for the lag, u have to check that triple buffering is disabled (if you don't use vsync), or check games on LAN

nippyjun
07-25-05, 02:10 PM
Did you uninstall the video drivers and reinstall them?

Also, It could be possible that you have higher levels of AA and AF set in the driver control panel than you have set in the game.

-=DVS=-
07-25-05, 02:59 PM
Do a quick test restart computer and try playing a game see if it lags immediately or after lets say 30 minutes of play.

Napoleon_Kane
07-25-05, 03:05 PM
sounds weird...7800 is far...far ....far more powerfull then a 6800 ... LE

it's hard to perceive lags at your place specially in online games where all kind of lags are mixed.
did you try a map on LAN ? (don't know that game)

the best way to check if your card is correctly set is to gives us some numbers.
3dmark2005 can be compared easily with other configs here.
and opengl results (doom3 timedemo?)

for the lag, u have to check that triple buffering is disabled (if you don't use vsync), or check games on LAN

ok , here's my 3dmark05's result , i only got 3xxx marks ,
and where can i disable triple buffering ? in the BIOS ?

to nippyjun:
yes , i uninstall the driver , restart , and then install the new one ( 77.72 i am using ) .
EDIT: in the driver control panel , i set both of them Application-controlled,
i don't know if this make my performance bad .

to -=DVS=- :
nope , it still lagging when i play farcry .

gram_vaz
07-25-05, 03:14 PM
something i've read that gets rid of some people's lag/stutter is enable all the blittling options in rivatuner.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37865&highlight=blitting

-=DVS=-
07-25-05, 03:59 PM
Uhh ~3000 mark is your problem , thats realy low score , should be above 7000 as minimum , try reinstalling motherboard driver !
As a last resort reinstalling windows + motherboard driver + video + soundcard.

anzak
07-25-05, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'd go as far as to reformat. Reinstall windows and get all up to date drivers. 3000 in 3dmark05 is an obvious sign something is wrong.

Peacemaker
07-25-05, 04:42 PM
Did You try another DVI-output ? There is topic on this forum about some weird scores wich depends on your video output. Try connect Your monitor to secondary/primaty DVI (if You have LCD monitor).

greetings,

P.

Napoleon_Kane
07-26-05, 01:37 AM
something i've read that gets rid of some people's lag/stutter is enable all the blittling options in rivatuner.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37865&highlight=blitting

thanks , but this did'nt improve any performance for me .

to -=DVS=- : ok , maybe i will try to format my system ,
i hope this sure can fix my problem since i have lots of files to backup.

to anzak : did you use anti-virus software ? i am using Norton 2005 ,
i don't know if this will affect my performance .
EDIT : i don't know if i get this low score because the bios setting since i
didn''t put lots of time in the BIOS.

Peacemaker : hmm...but i don't think that will be something with the LCD.

gram_vaz
07-26-05, 01:49 AM
Peacemaker : hmm...but i don't think that will be something with the LCD.
don't rule anything out with nvidia. i've seen some very weird things happen on dvi with nvidia. you'd think a freaking display port would at least be foolproof but no...

even i have issues with dvi, tho it's an easy fix when it rarely does happen. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53292&highlight=glasses

-=DVS=-
07-26-05, 02:56 AM
Also before doing reformat and such , did you try to disconnect internet cable , close all background programs , fraps , norton , anything you might have running..
I had a bizzare problem on my 6800gt old version of Fraps used to cut my FPS in half.

Napoleon_Kane
07-26-05, 03:58 AM
Also before doing reformat and such , did you try to disconnect internet cable , close all background programs , fraps , norton , anything you might have running..
I had a bizzare problem on my 6800gt old version of Fraps used to cut my FPS in half.
i already try this method but it's still the same ,
did you hear a game called MUGEN ?
even playing that game i still get some lag...
i guess ... it's time to format my PC now.

gram_vaz
07-26-05, 04:10 AM
i'm curious what mobo you have? intel cpu's work best on mobos with intel chipsets. also, is your ram in the correct slots for dual channel? intel cpu's love dual channel.

PeterJensen
07-26-05, 04:16 AM
I would do a Format C:

Napoleon_Kane
07-26-05, 05:31 AM
i'm curious what mobo you have? intel cpu's work best on mobos with intel chipsets. also, is your ram in the correct slots for dual channel? intel cpu's love dual channel.
i am using this motherboard :
http://www1.2themax.com/product/mainboard/S775/5epaj.htm

i am sure i put those ram into correct slots ,
because i can see it when i turn-on the PC ,
it will show you at the BIOS screen .

Napoleon_Kane
07-26-05, 12:43 PM
after format my PC , i still get 3334 marks in 3dmark05 ,
something must wrong , and i don't know why ,
but maybe here's are some of the main point,
did my INF driver will affect this ? i download them form intel.com ,
and , in 3dmark05 , i noticed that in the cpu test , i only get 0~2 FPS ,
are you guys only get 0 ~ 2 fps when you start the cpu test?
if not , then i guess something must wrong with my CPU ,
any idea?

-=DVS=-
07-26-05, 02:28 PM
Do you have a friend or another computer to test your 7800GTX in ? at this point its time to do standart hardware troubleshooting.

Napoleon_Kane
07-26-05, 03:13 PM
Do you have a friend or another computer to test your 7800GTX in ? at this point its time to do standart hardware troubleshooting.
it's a pity that i don't have a friend that can install my 7800GTX ,
all of them still using AGP slot :thumbdwn:

Pandora's Box
07-26-05, 03:18 PM
3dmark cpu test are always that low (0-2fps)

Rayman1968
07-26-05, 03:25 PM
Can you take a cpu-z shot of your ram/cpu settings and post them?

Big Ev
07-26-05, 05:29 PM
I haven't heard a mention of powering the 7800GTX, so here it goes.

What's your PSU (Type and Wattage)?
From the 6-pin molex, do you have both 3-pin plugs plugged in to the PSU?
The lines that your 7800GTX is powered on, are they free of other devices (Hard Drive, Floppy, and CD/DVD. Fans are okay)?

My guess at this point is that your card isn't getting the necessary power to be the monster it can be.

kwynjunk
07-26-05, 08:14 PM
I haven't heard a mention of powering the 7800GTX, so here it goes.

What's your PSU (Type and Wattage)?
From the 6-pin molex, do you have both 3-pin plugs plugged in to the PSU?
The lines that your 7800GTX is powered on, are they free of other devices (Hard Drive, Floppy, and CD/DVD. Fans are okay)?

My guess at this point is that your card isn't getting the necessary power to be the monster it can be.

what? Do both ends of the y connector have to be plugged into power supply? I thought one was for plugging back in to another device? I have it hanging free?

Is this right? Do both ends of the y connector need to be hooked up to power supply???

Acid Rain
07-26-05, 08:30 PM
what? Do both ends of the y connector have to be plugged into power supply? I thought one was for plugging back in to another device? I have it hanging free?

Is this right? Do both ends of the y connector need to be hooked up to power supply???Do NOT plug both into the psu. That y-connector is just an adapter so that you can plug in something else on the same line. If you've got one end plugged into the card already (all the way in, of course) you should be fine there.

Why not just send the card to me. I'll test it for you. :angel:

tristancarton
07-26-05, 08:50 PM
i'm not an nvidia person nor a pci-e person but this really sounds like some sort of chipset driver problem. i assume like the old agp slot their needs to be some chipset driver for the 16x pci-e slot. any chance you could make sure you have that installed. an easy way to check if you have it installed may be to look in the nvidia control panel to see what speed the card is running at. i think their drivers have a tab that shows you that info. (been so long since i my gf3.)

another thing to check would be to make sure your intel cpu isn't getting too hot. i know they slow down (cut out cpu cycles) when they overheat. (for safety)