PDA

View Full Version : SLI profiles vs. Global....

LabShark
07-25-05, 10:41 PM
What good are the Global Settings for SLI? The profiles override them correct? Do the Global Settings affect games with no profiles? If so - what is the point of individual profiles other than to tweak things a bit? I was under the impression that if there was no game profile then SLI was ineffective.....which brings me back to the original question, what do the Global Settings control?

Thanks!!

ChrisRay
07-25-05, 10:51 PM
Profiles over ride global settings yes. The global SLI function is their for people who dont want to be bothered with profiles. If the game already has an SLI profile. Theres really no reason to change it as its usually gaurenteed the best compatibility/performance. In a sense. The global solution is there for people who dont like the profile system. If there is no SLI profile and you force it globally through the drivers. SLI can still be effective. Profiles are not required for SLI to work. They are their for convenience and better application support.

LabShark
07-26-05, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info. I was originally under the impression that we had to have a profile for SLI to work.

Again thanks for all you do here.............

:)

SH64
07-26-05, 01:04 PM
Actually the global settings do override some of the profile settings like the "image settings" & the filtering optimizations settings. so be warned!