PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Packaging!!!

six_storm
07-26-05, 03:12 PM
Looks like Gamespot is posting some juicy info on the 360 packaging.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/25/news_6129704.html

The side of the Xbox 360's packaging listed the accessories that will be included with the console: a hard drive, wireless controller, Xbox Live, headset, and Ethernet cable. No cables for hooking up to a monitor were listed.

Also, here is a list of other accesories:

Wireless Controller - The 360 comes standard with one wireless controller. Additional controllers are sold separately.

Wired Controller - Wireless controllers can sometimes run into interference from outside sources.

Memory Unit - Xbox 360's memory unit comes with a plastic case to protect your saved data from harm.

Rechargeable Battery Pack - Additional batteries are available for the wireless controller.

Play and Charge Unit - This accessory lets you play with your wireless controller hooked to the Xbox 360 while also recharging it.

Quick Charge Unit - As the name may suggest, this accessory lets you charge your controller's battery quickly.

Wireless Network Adapter - This adapter is an antenna unit that can be plugged into the Xbox 360's USB port for wireless connection to the Internet (wireless LAN). It is compatible with IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11c.

Hard Drive - Additional hard drives will be officially available from Microsoft.

Remote Control - A remote control is available for accessing the Xbox 360's various functions.

Headset - Additional headsets will be offered for the Xbox 360.

Faceplates - As Microsoft announced during its initial Xbox 360 unveiling, the console's faceplates can be switched around to give it different looks.

VGA HD Cable - If you want to play with HD graphics, this is the cable that you'll need.

Component AV Cable - For players that want to use component AV.

S-Video AV Cable - For players that want to play with an S-video output.

GlowStick
07-26-05, 03:19 PM
Mm looks very feature packed, still cant wait to see what its msrp will be!

six_storm
07-26-05, 03:30 PM
MSRP should be $299.99. I'd be REAL surprised if they jumped the price ya know?

S.I.N
07-26-05, 03:35 PM
I expected to see a box or something. :o

GlowStick
07-26-05, 04:08 PM
MSRP should be $299.99. I'd be REAL surprised if they jumped the price ya know?
Aye, however i guess the 299 isnt a 100% offical price yet, but seems to be likely. However, i guess Microsofts business model can 'pull it off' since they made a point to buy rights to the chips rather than buy the chips, they can produce the units at slave labor prices and just absorb the IP cost them self.

xbox sweat shop :eek:

kev13dd
07-26-05, 05:24 PM
Why is there a picture of a camera in the slide show, but no list of camera on the accesory list?

Weird that they offer wired controllers. I remember someone asking a Microsoft rep if current X-box controllers are going to be compatible with X360. He responded something like "X360 is meant to be a wireless system, they won't be compatible". He made it sound like there weren't ganna be wired controllers even possible. I think it's stupid they won't make X-box controllers compatible just so people have to go buy 3 more wireless controllers to play with their friends rather than use the ones they have from the old X-box. I love the big X-box controllers. Not just cause they are big, but the slanted diamond layout of the A B X Y buttons is so much easier to use than the baseball diamond layout on the new ones

K

GlowStick
07-26-05, 09:06 PM
Why is there a picture of a camera in the slide show, but no list of camera on the accesory list?

Weird that they offer wired controllers. I remember someone asking a Microsoft rep if current X-box controllers are going to be compatible with X360. He responded something like "X360 is meant to be a wireless system, they won't be compatible". He made it sound like there weren't ganna be wired controllers even possible. I think it's stupid they won't make X-box controllers compatible just so people have to go buy 3 more wireless controllers to play with their friends rather than use the ones they have from the old X-box. I love the big X-box controllers. Not just cause they are big, but the slanted diamond layout of the A B X Y buttons is so much easier to use than the baseball diamond layout on the new ones

K
True, however, lets say you have 4 friends, and you all buy xbox's but want to play on 1 at a friends house, BYOC :d with no cord, it should be really easy to move heh.

kev13dd
07-26-05, 09:48 PM
True, however, lets say you have 4 friends, and you all buy xbox's but want to play on 1 at a friends house, BYOC :d with no cord, it should be really easy to move heh.

Still, that works I suppose. Although out of all my friends, I'm the only one who owns an X-box, so it's hard for me to see that always being possible

I still like the layout of the old X-box controllers, and wish there was some way to keep them around. X-box always had the coolest looking cord of any console too...

K

six_storm
07-27-05, 01:04 AM

That's not a camera, it's the wireless adaptor thing for Internet (I saw the video on IGN earlier today). However, there is supposed to be a web cam kinda deal to come out as well.

The original XBOX controller are a tad too big IMO. And as far as the wired to wireless controllers, you can supposivly plug up the wireless controllers to recharge them while playing a game. That's a pretty sweet option IMO.

msxyz
07-27-05, 01:39 AM
Odd they didn't mention a powercord in the pack ?

Somehow I doubt those informations are accurate

S.I.N
07-27-05, 02:00 AM
Odd they didn't mention a powercord in the pack ?

Somehow I doubt those informations are accurate

why would they have to mention that, its standard.

kev13dd
07-27-05, 02:48 AM
The original XBOX controller are a tad too big IMO

Big yes. But when you're 6 foot 4 and your hands are huge, big is nice. I can see that most people don't have giant hands though, so it makes sense to ship the small ones standard. But I sure wish I could plug in my big ones instead of trying to find a big one to buy. No company sells bigger controllers as an accessory, they always sell smaller ones... I fear X360 will be the same way

I wouldn't mind the smaller controllers, if it wasn't for the button layout configuration

K

npras42
07-28-05, 02:35 PM
why would they have to mention that, its standard.

Because all this information comes from the side of a mock-up package for the actual console, and my PSX, PS2 and most other consoles I imagine (I'm pretty sure I've seen it written on the XBOX box) say that a power cord is included.

I think this is a deliberate omission because they don't want people to know that the power supply for the X360 will/might be seperate from the console, so you're gonna have another heavy box to cater for other than the console itself.

I think the reason the old XBOX controllers are not compatible is because they don't want to add the ports for it. The wired controllers for X360 will almost certainly be USB. I think his "X360 is meant to be a wireless system..." quote is a slip of the tongue or something.

I also have to say that while Sony should be commended for making their PSX controllers compatible with PS2, from a money-making point of view, they shouldnt have. If they hadnt supported the old controllers people still would've bought the console and they still would've bought all the extra controllers they needed. Stupidest thing Sony ever did was not have four ports. I am still the only person I know in real-life (i.e. not on the net) that owns a multi-tap.

GlowStick
07-28-05, 02:49 PM
Hm, i do belive your correct about the USB controlers, I think M$ said they wanted the xbox360's to work with PCs. However if they mean only the wried ones, or if they will sell a RF adaptor is a diffrent question!