PDA

View Full Version : Fahrenheit Demo

SH64
07-26-05, 06:01 PM
Atari has issued the playable demo for Fahrenheit, offering the first opportunity to try out this near-future 3D "psycho triller" action adventure by Quantic Dream that's also known as Indigo Prophecy. This massive demo includes support for five European languages, and kicks off with a very original in-game introduction by director David Cage before allowing you to play the opening part of the full game.

Demo is around 300mb
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/fahrenheit/fahrenheit_demo_europe.zip.html

screenshots :
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/fahrenheit/screenshots/

somehow this game reminds me of Obsecure ...

Gaco
07-26-05, 06:08 PM
Neato...

RAY16
07-26-05, 06:29 PM
It's a short demo, but I'm giving it a thumbs up because it's presented very well (especially the music, oh my gord) and because I liked what I was able to play. I hope the full game doesn't disappoint me.

Mr. Hunt
07-26-05, 08:04 PM
Downloading now.

Banko
07-26-05, 08:50 PM
Seemed to be pretty good but er how do I actually leave the bathroom?

Mr. Hunt
07-26-05, 09:06 PM
Lol yeah... I just finished installing it and got into the game and I have hit every single button known to man and it doesn't interact with anything... I can move around and go into the FPV... but I can't DO anything... and the readme was REAL helpful... or not.

Mr. Hunt
07-26-05, 09:26 PM
Nevermind... found out now... when it gives you an option hold the mouse button and move the mouse in the direction it is pointing.

But the demo is about 3 minutes long (an hour if you count the crappy UNSKIPPABLE intro... well maybe not an hour but whatever). Still can't find out how to mop the floor though.

Gaco
07-27-05, 09:25 AM
I don't think the intro was crappy at all.. It sets the atmosphere. Seriously Hunt are you really into adventure games? :D

Anyway you can mob the floor if you FIRST pick up the mob by the window..

I thought this demo was short but as Ray16 says it represents the game very well.. Looking very much foward to this title, it's a long, long time ago I've been playing a decent adventure game :)

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 10:12 AM
Well the intro was fine the first time... then when it FORCED me to watch it again and was unskippable I wasn't very happy about it.

|MaguS|
07-27-05, 11:00 AM
Interesting game but don't care to play it anymore due to not being able to skip the intro. I ran it once, couldn't figure out how to interact with objects quit the game, read this thread then tried it again... got caught... got caught again... I don't care to see the intro a 4th time...

If the full version does this then I wont even bother to rent it... way too annoying.

Gaco
07-27-05, 02:15 PM
What intro are you guys talking about? I don't get it.. Everytime I got caught it just started with the dead guy lying at the floor and I was in control?

TheManko
07-27-05, 02:31 PM
It sure sucks that you have to watch the intro when you start the game, but that's about it!
There are a ton of little things to do in the demo and if you fail you get a long ending monologue.

CaptNKILL
07-27-05, 03:06 PM
Has anyone tried looking for a movie file somewhere and deleting\renaming it? I do this with games that have intro movies that I dont want to watch more than once (like the whole Battlefield series).

Gaco
07-27-05, 09:12 PM
Great music video trailer for this game, worth downloading:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6528&type=wmv