PDA

View Full Version : TF2 closer then you think?

Pages : [1] 2

killahsin
07-27-05, 03:16 AM
http://forums.invade-defend.com/index.php?showtopic=8538

go have a look there. But the guy is indeed a valve employee. hehe i love the cliche line, lol. I wonder just how close the game really is? Winter? If maps are being finished now its got to be semi close.

GlowStick
07-27-05, 03:18 AM
bogus

nutcrackr
07-27-05, 05:49 AM
I think 2008 so yes this could be true ;)

superklye
07-27-05, 07:15 AM
This game is NEVER coming out.

Rakeesh
07-27-05, 09:56 AM
Let me guess, its going to come out as a mod for DNF?

S.I.N
07-27-05, 02:35 PM
what is TF2?

jolle
07-27-05, 02:36 PM
Team Fortress 2 would be my first guess

GeForce X
07-27-05, 02:38 PM
What does it matter? It'll be full of stuttering whenever it does arrive.

killahsin
07-27-05, 05:16 PM
glowstick its bogus? I can confirm he actually works at valve. Can you confirm how you came to the conclusion its bogus?

superklye
07-27-05, 05:57 PM
glowstick its bogus? I can confirm he actually works at valve. Can you confirm how you came to the conclusion its bogus?
I think he's just being a naysayer becuase this game was supposed to come out, what, 5 years ago? And VALVe is full of empty promises...

stncttr908
07-27-05, 08:09 PM
I think he's just being a naysayer becuase this game was supposed to come out, what, 5 years ago? And VALVe is full of empty promises...
I'd cream over it if it came out, but I'm not holding my breath. Give me this, give me S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc.

GlowStick
07-27-05, 08:18 PM
Well, if its on the internet it must be true...... espcically if a internet source confirms the first source!

killahsin
07-27-05, 09:13 PM
Well, if its on the internet it must be true...... espcically if a internet source confirms the first source!

Thanks for explaining how you came to decide it was bogus. I was curious for a bit but that explains alot. Much appreciated. I guess if a guyd esigns dustbowl and says he designed dustbowl, and is in fact the person that designed dustbowl. Because he is on the internet he must not have designed dustbowl.

and i think its 7 years now kyle =) give or take 8 or 9 depending on what version of tf2 you mean. lol

GlowStick
07-27-05, 11:13 PM
Thanks for explaining how you came to decide it was bogus. I was curious for a bit but that explains alot. Much appreciated. I guess if a guyd esigns dustbowl and says he designed dustbowl, and is in fact the person that designed dustbowl. Because he is on the internet he must not have designed dustbowl.

and i think its 7 years now kyle =) give or take 8 or 9 depending on what version of tf2 you mean. lol
No no,

With IRC, you can choose any name you want, amaiznly alot of people like to pretend to be other people, to get a reaction.

Now, how it works is, if Gabenewell posts on a forum under Game Newell's confirmed forum account that Half Life 2 has gone gold, it must have? Not that anyone can make an account named Game Newell, or can guess a simple password such as GabeN.

Since you said you have proof, plz show it. Other than, i know him on irc, hes teh real thing lolz.

Acid Rain
07-28-05, 12:04 AM
O.K. everybody. Stop it!! I'm David Kirk, and if you want me to continue to kick the crap out of ati through consistently superior engineering, you'll need to settle down now...unless you don't really want a 7800 Ultra...

killahsin
07-28-05, 12:16 AM
sigh proof? So your saying the guy in their clan who happens to be the creator of dustbowl isn't really the guy at all? Why hasnt valve nerfed the same post on their tfc forums on steampowered.com then? I merely said i can confirm thats the guy who made dustbowl, lol. It's a fact, just like i know the originator of cz. Thats a fact. He happens to be in the clan i am in but we have been inactive for many years. You'd think if this was bogus valve or a moderator would nerf the post just like every single other bogus one that has popped up on steampowered.com's forums.

But i suspect even if i emailed gabe and he stated that dario did really say this that you would say that was bogus too. The fact is the guy was in his OWN game server. And was confirmed to be HIM by his own clan who run the server. But thats right this is all lies, started by a well known clan, for no apparent reason other then to get you to visit their forums.

jolle
07-28-05, 07:13 AM
Can you Confirm that your confirmation is any good? hehe..

I think that is one of the problems.. even if you REALLY belive in this 100%, that doesnt mean its necessarily true.
Im not saying it isnt, just that its hard to prove beyond doubt, on the internet, unless you got a link to valves website showing info..

killahsin
07-28-05, 07:31 AM
yes i agree with you.

GlowStick
07-28-05, 01:07 PM
sigh proof? So your saying the guy in their clan who happens to be the creator of dustbowl isn't really the guy at all? Why hasnt valve nerfed the same post on their tfc forums on steampowered.com then? I merely said i can confirm thats the guy who made dustbowl, lol. It's a fact, just like i know the originator of cz. Thats a fact. He happens to be in the clan i am in but we have been inactive for many years. You'd think if this was bogus valve or a moderator would nerf the post just like every single other bogus one that has popped up on steampowered.com's forums.

But i suspect even if i emailed gabe and he stated that dario did really say this that you would say that was bogus too. The fact is the guy was in his OWN game server. And was confirmed to be HIM by his own clan who run the server. But thats right this is all lies, started by a well known clan, for no apparent reason other then to get you to visit their forums.Quite the opposite, if the post was real, it would of been nerfed and he would of been fired. When valve makes an annoucnement, however half assed such as the 4 annoucements for VAC(8 months early?), the 2 or 3(6 months and counting?) about how great The Lost Coast is going to be ... etc ... they can use steam to deliver the message, or put it on the front page.

So riddle me this, if it is real, and he works at Valve. Tell him to do just that. Lets have an offical post on steampowered's front page stateing 'TF2 is closer than you think! We just finished DustBowl 2!' Since valve didnt nerf it on the forums it *Must* mean they are cool with shareing that *real* statement.

However, untill that appears, i can CONFIRM that it is 100% pure false information.

Rampant CL
07-31-05, 03:37 PM
i concur. Altho, if/when its ever released i'll be sure to let you know if you were on the ball...

killahsin
08-03-05, 01:49 PM
Quite the opposite, if the post was real, it would of been nerfed and he would of been fired. When valve makes an annoucnement, however half assed such as the 4 annoucements for VAC(8 months early?), the 2 or 3(6 months and counting?) about how great The Lost Coast is going to be ... etc ... they can use steam to deliver the message, or put it on the front page.

So riddle me this, if it is real, and he works at Valve. Tell him to do just that. Lets have an offical post on steampowered's front page stateing 'TF2 is closer than you think! We just finished DustBowl 2!' Since valve didnt nerf it on the forums it *Must* mean they are cool with shareing that *real* statement.

However, untill that appears, i can CONFIRM that it is 100% pure false information.

Thats actually funny. Most of the official information anyone has ever gotten from valve recently, has been on forum posts by team members. Most of that information was automatically labeled as false. Not in any 'official manner' that you want. You are not going to hear about TF2 until it's so close to be being released, that they are QA'ing it. Regardless of whether you believe that or not, it was said in 00/01 when they put a media blackout on tf2. They are not goin to talk about the games design "officially" to anyone outside the company what-so-ever. As for you confirming the post is 100% pure false information is rediculous. You havent even tried to confirm it was fake, otherwise you would already know its true.

GlowStick
08-03-05, 03:20 PM
Most of the official information anyone has ever gotten from valve recently, has been on forum posts by team members.they put a media blackout on tf2. They are not goin to talk about the games design "officially" to anyone outside the company what-so-ever.Alright, lets review. You are considerd outside the company. All forum posts made by valve employes are 100% Offical Information according to you. Also according you Valve will NOT talk about TF2 in any OFFICAL fashion. When an valve employe makes a forum post, it is an offical statement. However, accoarding to you, it cannot be an offical statement because there is a media blackout on TF2 and they cannot make offical statements. However, also accoridng to you, this is an 100% bonafid offical statement.

As for you confirming the post is 100% pure false information is rediculous.No, I prove blatent flaws in your made up story. You contradict your self at every turn. That is truely rediculous. Can you get even more rediculous, amazinly yes. Your whole proof to this statement, is that someone on an anomous chatnetwork, called IRC posted a statement, witch you can prove to be true over an anomous bulletn board system. With your only proof that is is valid is *nut uh, its true* very clever of you.You havent even tried to confirm it was fakeActually, i proved it was fake. Then you confirmed my proof.

Lets recap,

I prove that there is no validation for your statement what so ever.
In a effort to prove that you can validate that above statement, you prove that it is infact false.

We are in total agreement here, that statement is false.

aAv7
08-03-05, 06:35 PM
We all know valve said TF2 is coming "soon". So sit back and enjoy the next few years before it comes out. =D

killahsin
08-03-05, 06:51 PM
Alright, lets review. You are considerd outside the company. All forum posts made by valve employes are 100% Offical Information according to you. Also according you Valve will NOT talk about TF2 in any OFFICAL fashion. When an valve employe makes a forum post, it is an offical statement. However, accoarding to you, it cannot be an offical statement because there is a media blackout on TF2 and they cannot make offical statements. However, also accoridng to you, this is an 100% bonafid offical statement.

No, I prove blatent flaws in your made up story. You contradict your self at every turn. That is truely rediculous. Can you get even more rediculous, amazinly yes. Your whole proof to this statement, is that someone on an anomous chatnetwork, called IRC posted a statement, witch you can prove to be true over an anomous bulletn board system. With your only proof that is is valid is *nut uh, its true* very clever of you.Actually, i proved it was fake. Then you confirmed my proof.

Lets recap,

I prove that there is no validation for your statement what so ever.
In a effort to prove that you can validate that above statement, you prove that it is infact false.

We are in total agreement here, that statement is false.

My made up story? Have a nice day. The guy works for valve. He was talking in his clans server. It was posted in his clans forum by his clan leadership. Thats not some official press release. You can be rediculous and twist everything you wish, email gabe, cook or robin and find out for yourself.

"statement, is that someone on an anomous chatnetwork, called IRC posted a statement"

IT was said in his clans GAME server by him. Not in an irc server. Please get a clue already. His clan leader checked his steam id and verified it was him. IRC was in no way involved with anything to do with what was said. but you keep bringing up irc lol. It was in the clans game server....

and this is him (http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.html) per valves people section

"Dario Casali - Level Designer
Joining Valve from England, Dario is a world-famous level designer. His work includes some of the most popular deathmatch levels on the Internet, as well as Final Doom, published by id Software."

Namrok
08-05-05, 08:38 AM
Why is this feeling like a religious debate? Ultimate skeptic VS the blindly faithful.

I donno about the rest of you, but I can say from experience that in a company, the grunt making content, or working on subsystems or components of a product knows jack all about the product as a whole. What feels like they are close is usually wrong on account of tunnel vision he has on his own work. So even if this mapmaker is being completely truthful and not just showing off to his buddies in a clan, it still means almost nothing coming from him. And given Valve's track record, it means even less. Even with a normal company I'd say a statement like this from a grunt has maybe a 10% chance of being true. From Valve, I'm not going to beleive it, not for one second.