PDA

View Full Version : Psp 2.0

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 10:33 AM
Out in Japan, but you can use it on a US PSP... I am right now. Hard to type on this. Go to BadBoys boards for link. www.pspcomplete.com

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 10:39 AM
Heh... on my PC now... took a long while to post that... anyway GO GET IT... it is cool but is going to take some getting used to.

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 11:20 AM
pretty sweet, ive been hearing great things about it. i like the fact that you can download pictures, mp3's and videos from the browser strait to the psp.

i wonder if it can do ftp of some sort in the browser to download files from the pc to the psp.

im not gonna upgrade just yet, im still enjoying the hombrew. but its a tough choice. maybe i can get another psp one day.

and thx for the plug :P

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 11:26 AM
Didn't know you could download MP3s and videos right to it... but I knew about the pictures... been finding some new wallpapers (which is nice since now it is built in). Pretty cool so far though... also has tabbed browsing (well... sort of hard to explain).

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 11:30 AM
can you post any pictures? im interested. gosh it's so tempting to upgrade, but damn i love my homebrew lol.

edit:
also, how fast is the browsing? i hear it's faster after you 'open the web browser and go to view then go to encodeing and change it from japan to western'

how are the other features that came with the 2.0?

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 11:39 AM
Sadly I don't have a camera :(... but the browsing seems decent... didn't know about changing from Japan to Western...

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 11:41 AM
...Seems like it might be faster... could be in my head though.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 11:55 AM
Ahhh.. I had my hopes up... uploaded an animated gif and downloaded it on PSP... it was animated when I saw it to save it... but after I saved it it is no longer animated :(. I WANT MY ANIMATED GIF SUPPORT!

Anyway... Bad_Boy... you know a site that hosts mp4 trailers? Want to browse them and try to save one right to the PSP. And do you know where you can get the new encoder for this new codec that is supposedly awesome?

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 12:13 PM
im not sure on the AVC format, i dont know any encoders just yet. ive heard that the makers of psp video 9 are going to add support for it soon.

have you tried downloading a mp3?

some trailers and stuff here, http://psp.connect.com/ , but unfortunately they are zip files. i could make a test page so you can try to download stuff and report back. ill give you a link when its up :)

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 12:20 PM
Alright thanks a bunch... haven't tried an mp3 yet... but right now I am uploading an mp4 to some crappy site just to test it out.

EDIT: Well couldn't get it to work... but I can confirm you can use stuff like ImageShack to upload FROM YOUR PSP... pretty cool.

Just uploaded this (as a test... on my PSP :\)...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2340/batmanbegins3op.jpg

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 12:31 PM
try this link out in the psp..
http://www.pspcomplete.com/mrhunt/
i uploaded a lot of random stuff (jpg/bmp/wav/gif/mp3/mp4) :D

*its still uploading right now so refresh in a bit

edit: uploading images from your psp is pretty cool lol.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 12:39 PM
Well everything I downloaded worked except the mp4 file. I saved that and the THM file in the right directory and it says "Unsupported Data" at the video thing.

EDIT: Oh and... HACKERS!

EDIT 2: Wish you could copy and paste with the PSP lol.

EDIT 3: Wish I would have checked the file size of this file I am trying to upload using the PSP... almost 30 megs :\. I am an idiot :\.

Clay
07-27-05, 12:56 PM
What is new/different about the 2.0 update? Other than the web browser of course.

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 12:56 PM
sweet, just gotta figure out how to get the mp4 working then heh. and yeah hackers is a classic :P so is warriors hehe.

does it show the download speed?

What is new/different about the 2.0 update? Other than the web browser of course.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/635/635505p1.html

Clay
07-27-05, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the link.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 01:01 PM
No... I haven't noticed a download speed. Shows your percentage though at least.

Clay... it adds support for wav, gif, tiff (I think) files... some sort of mp3 encoder support (can't remember the name), UMD video skip feature (I guess for skipping ahead and backwards some amount of time). Some other stuff too I think... just can't remember it all.

EDIT: DANG YOU BAD_BOY!!! You made me seem more like an idiot... not that it was hard... but still :(.

Bad_Boy
07-27-05, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the link.
no problem. the 2.0 is damn nice, i was kinda hoping for some other major applications next to the web browser like maybe a email or chat client, or usb support for a keyboard or flash drive. but this update sure is way better than the ones before it. the web browser alone is what is so tempting, i just might upgrade sooner or later.

i like the fact that if i setup like a website off my computer i could access movies and music off the pc from the psp without even going near the pc.

the wallpaper support, avc support, and the new audio and picture formats are also great :D

EDIT: DANG YOU BAD_BOY!!! You made me seem more like an idiot... not that it was hard... but still :(.lol it wasnt on purpose :angel:

edit: SETTING - Theme Setting - No details.do you know what this is about Mr. Hunt?

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 01:12 PM
Hmmmm not sure. I read something about some of the icons changing from a music note to a film strip... maybe it has something to do with that?

EDIT: Oh yeah and I also forgot to mention it is nice that you can save bookmarks and it even has some saved sites (PSP sites... can only go to Korean and Japanese ones though :().

Also... can anybody find a way to register on www.p-tv.jp? Would like to get on there since that should have everything working I need to test stuff more.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 01:30 PM
Well after trying for about an hour I can't seem to upload a ZIP file from my PSP... might be the REALLY crappy site I am using though lol.

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 01:48 PM
Well I finally got a mp4 file to work downloaded directly to the PSP... did it the same way as last time... just worked this time :\.

oldsk00l
07-27-05, 06:22 PM
great, come next April I don't need to have dog-erection-pink for my background color

oldsk00l
07-27-05, 06:23 PM
just as I thought

m4a files converted to m4b in jhymm work on the PSP like a charm :D :D :D :cool:

GamerGuyX
07-27-05, 07:17 PM
oh damn this is awesome! i'm typing this on my psp!

Mr. Hunt
07-27-05, 07:29 PM
oh damn this is awesome! i'm typing this on my psp!

At least have the decency to hit the button a few more times to get capital letters!

Zelda_fan
07-27-05, 08:07 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I heard this dosen't allow you to run homebrew.