PDA

View Full Version : ASUS N6600 error beep.

Darth Baggins
07-27-05, 04:23 PM
Hi all... Ok, maybe one of you guys can help me out here. I have an old (ish) MSI KT4V-L motherboard which did have an FX5600 (not great I know) AGP card on it. Now I've managed to get hold of an ASUS 6600 card to replace it but I'm having issues getting it installed.

As soon as I fit the card in it's slot, the card speaker starts beeping at me, more acurately it emits a single steady continuous beep. Please note that I DO have the 4-pin Molex connected.

Any suggestions... The card is a brand new one...........

Absolution
07-27-05, 04:32 PM
maybe the psu isnt powerfull enough ? try unplugging a few things then starting it up

though, i believe that the beeping if it comes from your video card means its not getting enough power - otherwise it could be incorrectly situated in the agp slot (push down on it)

Darth Baggins
07-27-05, 04:38 PM
Well I did think of that... The PSU thing I mean... I have got a 400w PSU in it and not a great deal else in the way of cards. Only one optical drive, only one HDD but I do have a Creative labs Live Drive installed...

Could it be that drawing too much juice..

Oh, and it's AMD 3000+ (Barton) CPU...

DBThump
07-27-05, 04:54 PM
I have an old (ish) MSI KT4V-L motherboard which did have an FX5600 (not great I know) AGP card on it. Now I've managed to get hold of an ASUS 6600 card to replace it but I'm having issues getting it installed.

Oh, and it's AMD 3000+ (Barton) CPU...

I'm interested in the results. I think you should post you specs.

Darth Baggins
07-29-05, 08:43 PM
Bumping this... Because I really need the help...!!!