PDA

View Full Version : N00b needs help

Darkfox3889
07-27-05, 09:02 PM
Ok I just got a BFG 6800 gt today. I have the 77.76 beta drivers and just downloaded nvtweak. Now for my questions.
1. When i launch nvtweak it gives me a whole page of checkboxes. Are there certain ones i should have checked or should i just click the enable all button?

2.In the overclocking tab enabled by nvtweak how does the auto overclock feature work, and should I use this or just manualy adjust clock rates?

F_L_C
07-27-05, 10:32 PM
No, you don't need to enable all because many of those settings don't apply to the drivers/card you got. If all you want is to OC, then enable the settings under Coolbits only.

Don't use Auto OC. Manually adjust and check for artifacts/lockups in your games.

Darkfox3889
07-27-05, 10:45 PM
ah ok well if i did enable all will the reset to default in nvtweak remove all the tweaks from my drivers?

j0j081
07-28-05, 05:17 AM
ah ok well if i did enable all will the reset to default in nvtweak remove all the tweaks from my drivers?
You may want to uninstall and start from scratch.

Darkfox3889
07-28-05, 11:35 AM
ok, also with nvidia cards is it generaly better to enable AF/AA in the drivers or in the games them selves?

J-Mag
07-28-05, 12:08 PM
ok, also with nvidia cards is it generaly better to enable AF/AA in the drivers or in the games them selves?

If the game has the option to control AF/AA in it's own settings then use that. However not all games have this ability.
Forcing AA and AF through drivers either globally or in a profile works a good 90% of the time. Sometimes there are driver bugs and some games (especially ported games) won't work with AA peroid.

SLippe
07-28-05, 05:50 PM
Yes, it will reset to the default control panel.

You can click the Enable All button, as it will only use what features are available on your card. In other words, it doesn't hurt to use the Enable All button. Good luck.