PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7!!

Superfly
07-28-05, 02:51 AM
Here it is guys:

EDITED BY MUYA: LAST WARNING!!! NO LINKING TO NON-LEGIT SOFTWARE

Some release notes for ya all:

The Beta 1 release signals that Internet Explorer 7 has reached an important milestone, with a number of key new features and improvements, and is ready for website and application compatibility testing. This release is specifically intended for developers to confirm that existing applications and websites will work well with Internet Explorer 7, and provides an opportunity for developers to give feedback directly to the development team. There will be further refinement between Beta 1 and the final version.

Beta 1 is not intended for broad consumer trial and evaluation but it does offer a preview of some of the benefits that Internet Explorer 7 will offer customers including:
Dynamic security protection through a simplified architecture that defends against malware, and new dynamic ways to protect against personal data theft from fraudulent Web sites (a practice known as “phishing”).
Improved design to make everyday tasks easier and faster, with better navigation through tabbed browsing; inline search right from the toolbar; shrink-to-fit Web page printing; and a streamlined, redesigned user interface (currently in its early stages in Beta 1).
New tools to take you directly to the information you want through support for Web feeds (RSS) that includes automatic discovery of web feeds (RSS) on Web pages, basic Web Feed (RSS) reading capabilities, and basic support for saving Web feeds (RSS) as a new kind of favorite.
Platform enhancements for developers to improve compatibility and manageability, including improved support for Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) as well as transparent PNG support.

EDIT: - this downloadlink is unlikely to stay up for very long!!! - get it whilst the link is there!!

nrs421
07-28-05, 09:15 AM
first impressions are that i hate the layout.....what's with the stop and refresh buttons being the same....i hate that

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12712

zoomy942
07-28-05, 11:02 AM
my feelings so far are that i really really like it. the engine feels faster and more responsive, and the tabbed browsing is great, and the phishing filter is a nice touch. it's everything i like about firefox all in IE. i'll have to keep messing around with it

Superfly
07-28-05, 11:05 AM
yeh the layout is dodgy but the release notes state that its UI is very unfinished.

as for the browser itself its faster/more responsive and as stated above has everything firefox offes in IE.

I like it - roll on BETA 2 and the final product.

zoomy942
08-01-05, 07:48 AM
i think it sucks that it doesnt work with win64

Superfly
08-04-05, 03:33 AM
Microsoft have posted up a few of the bug fixes they are working on:

In IE7, we will fix as many of the worst bugs that web developers hit as we can, and we will add the critical most-requested features from the standards as well. Though you won’t see (most of) these until Beta 2, we have already fixed the following bugs from PositionIsEverything and Quirksmode:

• Peekaboo bug
• Guillotine bug
• Duplicate Character bug
• Border Chaos
• No Scroll bug
• 3 Pixel Text Jog
• Magic Creeping Text bug
• Bottom Margin bug on Hover
• Losing the ability to highlight text under the top border
• IE/Win Line-height bug
• Double Float Margin Bug
• Quirky Percentages in IE
• Duplicate indent
• Moving viewport scrollbar outside HTML borders
• 1 px border style
• Disappearing List-background
• Fix width:auto

In addition we’ve added support for the following:

• HTML 4.01 ABBR tag
• Improved (though not yet perfect) <object> fallback
• CSS 2.1 Selector support (child, adjacent, attribute, first-child etc.)
• CSS 2.1 Fixed positioning
• Alpha channel in PNG images
• Fix :hover on all elements
• Background-attachment: fixed on all elements not just body

Sounds good - roll on BETA 2.

also I think the layout is either being changed or full customisation is being added.

zoomy942
08-13-05, 06:47 PM
anyone know of a way to make this work with service pack 1? i hate SP2 but i sure do like ie7

Superfly
08-14-05, 09:38 AM
no

Nutty
08-25-05, 04:01 PM
Service pack 2 rools. You can turn the firewall and annoying things off anyway..

zoomy942
08-30-05, 06:04 PM
what about IE7 with win64?

jAkUp
08-30-05, 07:01 PM
It works.. you have to mickey mouse it though.. heh