PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the DOOM movie trailer on IGN?

sonaboy
07-28-05, 04:53 PM

well..i gotta say, The Rock looks exactly like Sarge in Doom3.

they changed the plot line from "opening a portal to hell" into "unleashing the final 10% of the human genome."

but, the trailer looks fairly promising, anyhow.

doubt it'll top Aliens though, which is basically the REAL template.

stncttr908
07-28-05, 05:29 PM
There's a thread about it over in the Open Forum section.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54218

Zelda_fan
07-28-05, 05:31 PM
this movie is gonna tank.

A) The armor looks NOTHING like in Doom. They're wearing freaken cloth.
B) Guns look lame.
C) Acting is lame
D) Movies about video games never do well

ralinn
07-28-05, 07:45 PM
You've not seen it yet :rolleyes:

A. Who really cares about the armor?
B. I agree...
C. We've only seen a trailer, you're not gonna see anything special.
D. Who gives a crap. We were saying the same about games until Riddick came out. Are you saying it's impossible to make a good film out of a game? We all know that's not true.

If you're so negative about the film you're pretty much gonna make your mind up before seeing it and hate it however it turns out :(

GamerGuyX
07-28-05, 08:18 PM

B. I agree...
D. Who gives a crap. We were saying the same about games until Riddick came out. Are you saying it's impossible to make a good film out of a game? We all know that's not true.

If you're so negative about the film you're pretty much gonna make your mind up before seeing it and hate it however it turns out :(

I don't know man, sometimes you can just tell when a movie is going to be bad.

EDIT: OMG I'm actually agreeing with jonk. :eek:

Mr. Hunt
07-28-05, 08:39 PM

B. I agree...

I have an issue with point C... You think in the trailer... meant for making people WANT to go see the movie... will show the WORST parts? Pretty sure they are supposed to show the BEST parts to make it more appealing.

Gaco
07-28-05, 09:08 PM
In case some of you haven't noticed fileplanet has thrown a large highres version of the D3 trailer up :)

jAkUp
07-28-05, 10:30 PM
The trailer did not contain any FPS sequences, so therfore they didn't show the "special" part.

Gabrobot
07-29-05, 01:09 AM
A) The armor looks NOTHING like in Doom. They're wearing freaken cloth.
B) Guns look lame.

I don't know about the movie tanking, but I definitely agree about these two points...the interesting art design of Doom is one of the things that makes it unique even if those big metal armor suits aren't practical. :p

kev13dd
07-29-05, 03:42 AM
they changed the plot line from "opening a portal to hell" into "unleashing the final 10% of the human genome."

I think the 10% of the genome has something to do with the portal to hell. I read something somewhere about how this movie will give background information on the whole story line of Doom (the portal to hell) so I'm thinking that the monsters we see in Doom are humans with 10% more genome than us

Remember, ID is working SUPER close with this project. I doubt they'd want to release a movie that totally destroyed (or goes on a tangent) their plotline of the games

Look at the very very end of the clip. Looks a lot like an Imp to me, just without perfect semitry. And Imp = demon from hell. Also looks like a Hell Knight in there too, the scene where the guy drop kicks it

K

Mr. Hunt
07-29-05, 11:41 AM
I think the 10% of the genome has something to do with the portal to hell. I read something somewhere about how this movie will give background information on the whole story line of Doom (the portal to hell) so I'm thinking that the monsters we see in Doom are humans with 10% more genome than us

Remember, ID is working SUPER close with this project. I doubt they'd want to release a movie that totally destroyed (or goes on a tangent) their plotline of the games

Look at the very very end of the clip. Looks a lot like an Imp to me, just without perfect semitry. And Imp = demon from hell. Also looks like a Hell Knight in there too, the scene where the guy drop kicks it

K

Sorry that is just hilarious... but yeah I think that was an imp and a hell knight... they look like crap though.

Marcos
07-29-05, 02:00 PM
am i the only person who thinks watching a dudes arm holding a gun on a screen is kinda corny?

Ninjaman09
07-29-05, 02:59 PM
I don't know man, sometimes you can just tell when a movie is going to be bad.

EDIT: OMG I'm actually agreeing with jonk. :eek:
You're agreeing with me, too. Christ, the planets are aligning....:D