PDA

View Full Version : LCD Black Screen When Booting Windows XP Pro

AquilesMaximus
07-28-05, 05:43 PM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have a Dell 8250 (3.06Ghz, 1.5GbRDRAM, XP Pro) which used to work fine with my 19inch Dell monitor. I bought a Viewsonic VP201b about a month ago and started using the DVI output on my eVGA NVidia Personal Cinema 5600 with 256 RAM. It worked well for two days, then the black screen at boot, and sometimes the "DVI-D: No Signal" messages. Most of the time it would not even get to the Windows XP login page, then when restart it would look like nothing was wrong. So I figured my card was toast so I got a eVGA Nvidia FX 5900 with 128MB, worked fine, for 4 hrs. Then the same thing. I updated drivers (from 66.93 to latest 77.72), and now it only blinks the "DVI-D: No Signal" message like 20 times during boot, then goes directly to XP login page.

I called Viewsonic, they just advised I sent the monitor back and they would check if the DVI connector was working (those tech support guys, I swear they seem like they don't have a clue about what they are telling you to do, as if the that an SOP sheet in front of them and that's all they knew) and they said they had never heard of the problem, perhaps if they Googled it or be a tad more organized they would know.

Anyway, any advise????? Thanks

kam03
07-28-05, 09:10 PM
When it displays a black screen, let the computer run and wait till XP loads. the screen should start to work once the Welcome screen is displayed by XP. If you see no image thne there must be something wrong, if the image appears once Welcome screen is displayed then you dont haev any hardware problems. This happens sometimes due to low frequency load.