PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch 5.1 Ultra's

fasedww
07-28-05, 07:51 PM
Well I just bought these to go with my new Audigy 4 Pro sound card. I've got a set of 4.0 Klipsch speakers but I want the 5.1's Also I think these will be alot better. the 4.0's I got where the first ones out quite a few years back. Should be a improvement don't you think?, Also my 4.0's got kind of a intermitting problem on the volume control where one of the front speaker's goes down in volume tell you push it in our wiggle the volume control weird. Bought the monster cable kit for the new 5.1's Also, I know it's probally not really needed at all but I did it anyway's Guess it's that E penis thing. :)

GamerGuyX
07-28-05, 08:02 PM
the 4.0's I got where the first ones out quite a few years back. Should be a improvement don't you think?

Well you gotta remember that the Klipsch 5.1 Ultra's came out a few years back also.

Bought the monster cable kit for the new 5.1's Also, I know it's probally not really needed at all but I did it anyway's Guess it's that E penis thing.

Hey wait a minute, I have my whole house wired with Monster Cables.... no seriously I do. :cool:

fasedww
07-28-05, 10:10 PM
Well you gotta remember that the Klipsch 5.1 Ultra's came out a few years back also.

Hey wait a minute, I have my whole house wired with Monster Cables.... no seriously I do. :cool:yeah your right but the 4.0 where the first, then 4.1 then, 5.1, then 5.1 Ultra :)

LBJM
07-29-05, 04:19 AM
I have the 4.1's I brought my dad the 5.1 ultra the sub is much louder and larger and the digital control to better than the 4.1's. 500 watts vs 400Watts. You must have the 5.1 Ultra!

BrianG
07-29-05, 06:32 AM
Well I just bought these to go with my new Audigy 4 Pro sound card. I've got a set of 4.0 Klipsch speakers but I want the 5.1's Also I think these will be alot better. the 4.0's I got where the first ones out quite a few years back. Should be a improvement don't you think?, Also my 4.0's got kind of a intermitting problem on the volume control where one of the front speaker's goes down in volume tell you push it in our wiggle the volume control weird. Bought the monster cable kit for the new 5.1's Also, I know it's probally not really needed at all but I did it anyway's Guess it's that E penis thing. :)
(w/opics)

superklye
07-29-05, 07:09 AM
(w/opics)
Wait...do you want to see the speakers or his ePenis?!

BrianG
07-29-05, 07:16 AM
Wait...do you want to see the speakers or his ePenis?!
Pictures of the speakers? Me.

e-penis? Probably just you. :D

nrs421
07-29-05, 08:35 AM
i have the 5.1 ultras and they're great....no issues with anything unlike the regular 5.1s...i hated those....i had to send it back every 3mths or so as something would always stop working.....in fact i had to send it back so many times they upgraded me to the 5.1 ultras at no cost.....the good thing about klipsch was that whenever i had to send it back it was on their dime....i didnt pay a cent....

Marcos
07-29-05, 01:10 PM

snnnrrkkkkk hahahah

superklye
07-29-05, 01:21 PM

Hey man, you're the one that wants to see wang here, I was just clarifying for everyone else's benefit. :p

Veger
07-29-05, 01:34 PM
I just replaced my Logitechs with the kilipsch as well. These speakers actually came out last year. They are the best in my opinion.

muaddib
07-29-05, 06:50 PM
What was the model of your previous Logitech's?

Sovereignxp
07-31-05, 01:02 PM
Yeah the klipsch 5.1's are really nice.
I don't own a pair of thoes however. I do own the Logitech THX 5.1 Z-5300's. I went with them because they sounded AWSOME cranked up in the Best Buy store. I was shocked to see that the speakers had a price tag of $199.00 for 280 Watts of true power. I suspected they would have cost allot more. They rock for the price. I would have went with the klipsch but the cost / power output is just overkill for me. :)

fasedww
07-31-05, 01:43 PM
(w/opics)don't have a camera :)

LBJM
08-01-05, 03:45 AM
here's what the 5.1 ultras look like.

http://www.klipsch.com/media/Photos/ultra51_large.jpg

monkeydust
08-01-05, 05:15 AM
Hmmm... I have the Klipsch 4.1's and noticed that the rear right channel barely puts out any sound anymore. It's not the speaker or the soundcard since I have switched things around to determine this. I think I had one too many lightening strikes.

So, I was thinking I need to get some new speakers. Was thinking about getting digital but the new Klipsch's aren't digital are they?

Elderblaze
08-01-05, 03:50 PM
if you want digital you'll have to go with Creative labs aka Cambridge Soundworks.

fasedww
08-02-05, 05:49 PM
Hmmm... I have the Klipsch 4.1's and noticed that the rear right channel barely puts out any sound anymore. It's not the speaker or the soundcard since I have switched things around to determine this. I think I had one too many lightening strikes.

So, I was thinking I need to get some new speakers. Was thinking about getting digital but the new Klipsch's aren't digital are they?
Wiggle the volume knob around push it in and wiggle it around, Thats all I had to do when my 4.0's front left was really low and it clearded it up. :)

monkeydust
08-02-05, 07:09 PM
Wiggle the volume knob around push it in and wiggle it around, Thats all I had to do when my 4.0's front left was really low and it clearded it up. :)
Well, I've wiggled everything around and rehooked wires and no luck. Tried changing the speakers around too. It is whatever gets put in the rear right channel that barely has any sound audible from it. I switched my cables on my sound card and the problem is still with whichever speaker is plugged into my rear right channel coming from my Klipsh speaker box. So, that would mean its not a soundcard issue. I booted up on my WinXP64 drive and the same problem there. So, its not a driver issue.

LBJM
08-02-05, 08:28 PM
if the volume knob wiggle doesn't work and you've switch the speakers around and it still doesn't work then the port on the sub is dead. my friends 4.1s did the same thing but you can rma the sub and get it fixed if it's out of warranty it's $60 to fix which isn't bad. one if the upsides to getting the 5.1 ultras is the digital control box and you dont have to worry about the rear channel fading out like they do with the 4.1s. hopefully my 5.1s will be here friday.

netviper13
08-03-05, 03:25 AM
if you want digital you'll have to go with Creative labs aka Cambridge Soundworks.

Logitech's Z-5500 speakers have digital inputs, as well as their older Z-680s if you can find them anywhere.

monkeydust
08-03-05, 05:22 AM
Well, $60 isn't too bad to fix them if that's what it will cost me. That's quite a bit cheaper than buying a new set of speakers. I wonder if I can just drop it off at the Klipsch headquarters since it is just a couple of miles from my office here in Indianapolis. I'll check out their website.