PDA

View Full Version : Problem with TV-out on 7800

Teejay007
07-29-05, 12:27 AM
Ok, i apologies if this has been answered, i did look but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, when connecting to TV, I only get a black an white picture. With my 5900, i fixed the same problem by setting the TV output from S-Video to Composite (even if i was using an S-Video cable). However, when i change the output on the 7800 to composite, i get nothing but a black screen. No picture at all.

The one exception is when booting, it boots in colour, until it get's past the Windows XP loading screen, then my TV just goes black again if i had it set to composite, black and white if set to S-Video.
Possible problem is the fact that one of the pins on my VIVO cable broke off, (the one in the lower left when looking at the pins). Might that be causing the problem (if not, can someone tell me what problems it will cause). However, because it boots in color, that suggests to me that the cable is still capable of color.

Does anyone have any suggestions or anything like that. It would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance.

TJ

Teejay007
07-29-05, 11:22 PM
anyone?

Sif
08-23-05, 01:54 PM
Yes, I have got the same problem. I had a GeForce 4200 and a GeForce 6800 before, both without problems displaying on tv via s-video/adapter to SCART. But with my new Asus N7800GTX I get only black and white screen on tv. I even tried the component-out with an expensive adapter to SCART, but there was no picture at all! I hope this is "only" a driver problem. Else I will get really set up with a 599$ (529) card unable to display on tv.

ATI_Dude
08-23-05, 01:58 PM
Verify that TV output fomat matches your region, i.e NTSC or PAL. I'll test it myself and report back.

Update:

No problem here with S-video (PAL-B). Works perfectly in both DualView and Clone view.

leevyou
10-10-05, 11:37 AM
The same problem on a GF6600. No TV-signal in composite mode but a flickering image in s-video mode :thumbdwn: . Previously I used an GF4MX without any problems with composite output through s-video cable. Though, the same flickering image was in s-video mode.
Hope this is just a software bug.
The question is what Forceware has not this bug?
Unfortunately I'm not able at this date to DL several Forcewares to give them a try.