PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else experience this with nvpinball ?

rijnton
07-29-05, 10:06 AM
Although it is already an old game, I started playing nvpinball. I like pinball games and nvpinball is really nice with all those special effects. However I noticed a strange phenomenom:
When I start the nvpinball.exe, I can play and have all the sounds, including special effects, music, voices and mechanical sounds. As long as I keep playing it is o.k. As soon as I exit however and start again, I only have the music. All the other sounds are gone. They return only after rebooting my pc and starting the game again. This happens only with this game. I never experienced this with other games (including other pinball sims).
What could be the cause of it ?
For what it's worth, I have an Athlon AMD 64 cpu, a Geforce 6800GT videocard and an Audigy 2ZS soundcard and 1 GB RAM.

zoomy942
07-29-05, 12:56 PM
where did you get nvpinball?

rijnton
07-29-05, 01:50 PM
A friend sent me an image of a cd with Forceware, that includes nvpinball amongst others. After unpacking the files, I could play it.

Acid Rain
07-29-05, 06:09 PM
Give. No one has it. Give, and we'll test...it is freeware, right? Looking..looking...bah! Maybe it isn't. It's on the Elsa driver cd. Hmmm, like NVchess, it looks like they want money at the creator's site.

I don't want pinball that bad....sorry...