PDA

View Full Version : Silly problem in GTA: San Andreas (PC)

DoomUK
07-29-05, 04:51 PM
OK, here's the problem:-

Every time the game enters a cutscene, or I enter a vehicle, the left analogue stick on my Saitek P2500 joypad changes axis spontaniously :confused:

I've tried the obvious; reinstall the jpad drivers, reinstall the game... There doesn't seem to be many patches/fixes/tweaks for this type of problem in this game... My jpad works fine in everything else btw.

Any suggestions?

Q
07-29-05, 10:54 PM
No suggestions but I feel your pain. Joystick support in the PC GTA series has been a little flakey. For example, since GTA3 I've been wanting to use my PS2 pad's right analogue to control the camera..but since it isn't recognized in windows correctly (several drivers tried) and GTA doesn't support mapping of axis's....I'm screwed.

You said you reinstalled drivers....looked for any new drivers? If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell ya. Good luck...you'll need it! ;D

DoomUK
07-30-05, 06:37 AM
Thanks Qlitchford ;)

St Lobus
07-30-05, 10:39 AM
There's an awesome tool you can use to help with your problems.

http://toca.game-editing.net/files

scroll down to SAACv1.2. I started using that and can finally do what I want in SA with my gamepad.

DoomUK
07-30-05, 11:45 AM
Brilliant St Lobus, thankyou. Works like a charm now :cool:. Very powerfull little tool you found there.

St Lobus
07-31-05, 11:30 AM
It is indeed. I don't remember how I stumbled on it, either, but was happy to. :) Glad I could help.

Q
07-31-05, 11:07 PM
Flippin sweet St Lobus. Thanks!