PDA

View Full Version : The Characters of Quake 4

zafarsaand
07-30-05, 01:30 AM
Details about the characters and their names.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/quake4/preview_6130028.html

GamerGuyX
07-30-05, 01:36 AM
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but this belongs in the "Doom 3 Engine forum".

Trust me, if I didn't say anything somebody else would of. :o

killahsin
07-30-05, 01:39 AM
While i sorta agree with you. It's not really the same engine as doom 3, its seriously upgraded with all the stuff the modders wanted for doom3. So the multiplayer modding community will transfer to quake4 instead of doom3. So perhaps the forum name should be changed to quake 4 lol.

GamerGuyX
07-30-05, 01:53 AM
While i sorta agree with you. It's not really the same engine as doom 3, its seriously upgraded with all the stuff the modders wanted for doom3. So the multiplayer modding community will transfer to quake4 instead of doom3. So perhaps the forum name should be changed to quake 4 lol.

Yes but it is still based on the DOOM 3 engine.

zafarsaand
07-30-05, 02:00 AM
i know quake 4 is being developed on doom 3 engine but its not related to doom 3 any way, thats why i posted it here......but if i posted in wrong forum mods plz move to the right forum

Bad_Boy
07-30-05, 03:21 AM
I agree with GamingLordX.

DOOM³ Engine Forum
A sub-forum dedicated to fans of Doom3 and games based on the Doom3 engine

read the bold ;)

anyways, thanks for the link though. good information on what to expect from the game. for some reason though, it doesnt feel anything like the old quake's, single player looks amazing dont get me wrong, i just hope they bring some of my favorite q3-mp gameplay back.

killahsin
07-30-05, 03:59 AM
haha like i said i agreed with him too, sorta. lol I really hope this game has serious multiplayer support though. With a few modes. I miss my hardcore rpg dming soldier dancing days.

DoomUK
07-30-05, 06:42 AM
While we're waiting for Q4, have you heard of the Lost Marine mod for Doom 3?:-

http://www.planetquake.com/meanarena/quake2_lostmarine/

IF (and it's highley unlikely) Quake 4 doesn't have a huge MP support, Quake Wars will resolve that issue methinks :)

holmes
07-30-05, 10:26 AM
sweet article... oh and that mod looks pretty cool too.
:)

Lfctony
07-30-05, 12:44 PM
Where are the female soldiers? Really weird for a team to be all males, at least in these days.

DoomUK
07-30-05, 01:44 PM
Where are the female soldiers? Really weird for a team to be all males, at least in these days.

Very true, especially considering the Stroggified female enemies/ex-soilders in Quake 2.

GlowStick
07-30-05, 02:11 PM
Sounds good, howver I have to admin im looking very forward to Quake II lost marine, wow it looks good!

killahsin
07-31-05, 06:12 AM
lost marine and theif are two mods i am waiting for most out of any game right now, heh. Behind that is fortress forever, and a few ultima mods.