View Full Version : New Gears Of War Movie. With interview WOW

Pages : [1] 2

PeterJensen
07-30-05, 02:16 PM
http://files.filefront.com/GoW_Video/;3977763;;/fileinfo.html

This video is VERY hot with a nice interview with the DEV :cool:

de><ta
07-30-05, 02:44 PM
For a second I thought the movie clip was about the up and coming God of War movie.... :p

Never the less it look impressive.

edit: any info on whether this game will come out for the PC? I want Unreal championship 2, too for the PC, but it still has yet to come out :(

anzak
07-30-05, 03:11 PM
Incredible. The video shows a lot of gameplay. Also, the main focus for multiplayer is co-op!

Bad_Boy
07-30-05, 03:21 PM
this is one of the few games im waiting for on the 360, thx for the link.

jAkUp
07-30-05, 03:39 PM
Holy crap! That looks nice :)

As for a PC version. Yes, it will come out on PC.

Mr. Hunt
07-30-05, 03:49 PM
Meh... this may have changed my mind on getting it. Graphics are nice... but the gameplay resembles Brute Force... which was freaking terrible.

SH64
07-30-05, 03:50 PM
As for a PC version. Yes, it will come out on PC.

Yep thats what i care about ;)

Mr. Hunt
07-30-05, 03:55 PM
So basically Xbox 360 isn't getting ANY decent exclusive titles that we know of :\.

SH64
07-30-05, 04:10 PM
So basically Xbox 360 isn't getting ANY decent exclusive titles that we know of :\.

PGR3 ?

LiquidX
07-30-05, 04:35 PM

Three words, Perfect-Dark-Zero. Also it is still an exclusive for the 360 being that the PC is not really considerd a competitor as Sony is.

The video looks awesome BTW.

anzak
07-30-05, 04:36 PM

Decent? You must have your expectations set too high. I'm really looking forward to Full Auto, it may be the first game I get for the X360.

Meh... this may have changed my mind on getting it. Graphics are nice... but the gameplay resembles Brute Force... which was freaking terrible.

Why? Because it has a 3rd person perspective?

PeterJensen
07-30-05, 04:40 PM
What i love about this game is the co-op, you can at ANNY time in the game invite a friend over Live! to join your game right where your at to get help. That sounds so awsome.

Mr. Hunt
07-30-05, 04:52 PM
I am sure the coop will play just like the crappy coop in Brute Force.
I don't think it looks like Brute Force because it is third person (but omg it is TEH SECAND PERSEN!@#... Cliffy B is a freaking idiot). I think it looks like Brute Force because it looks like it plays the same as Brute Force.
No... I don't have my expectations high... I just want some decent games to come out... and so far the only interesting ones are coming out for another system anyway.

kev13dd
07-30-05, 04:59 PM
Also it is still an exclusive for the 360 being that the PC is not really considerd a competitor as Sony is

I don't think so

Lots of people will say "meh, no need to buy a X360 if I can just play all the games on my computer". So it may not help Sony, but it sure hurts Microsoft. Especially if those same people go "The PS3 has a lot of exclusive titles, I guess I will buy that instead"

K

PeterJensen
07-30-05, 05:07 PM
I don't think it looks like Brute Force because it is third person (but omg it is TEH SECAND PERSEN!@#... Cliffy B is a freaking idiot). I think it looks like Brute Force because it looks like it plays the same as Brute Force.
No... I don't have my expectations high... I just want some decent games to come out... and so far the only interesting ones are coming out for another system anyway.

Wtf is wrong with you :rolleyes:

LiquidX
07-30-05, 05:26 PM
I don't think so

Lots of people will say "meh, no need to buy a X360 if I can just play all the games on my computer". So it may not help Sony, but it sure hurts Microsoft. Especially if those same people go "The PS3 has a lot of exclusive titles, I guess I will buy that instead"

K

You have to look at the fact that there are alot of people that do not have a powerful PC and may find the 360 the most attractive of all the consoles being that it will be the only one with all the top PC games this holiday that they will be able to run on hardware that is as powerful as a $800 configured PC but at a fraction of the cost. Also take DOOM3 for example, it came out more than a year later for the XBox but sold well over 1 milllion copies so alot of people did not say "meh" to a game that had been on the PC for awile. For those that do not have a powerful system and want to play games like Ghost Recon3, COD2 and Quake4 in all there glory without buying a $500 video card, the 360 may be there best option.

kev13dd
07-30-05, 05:32 PM
You have to look at the fact that there are alot of people that do not have a powerful PC and may find the 360 the most attractive of all the consoles being that it will be the only one with all the top PC games this holiday that they will be able to run on hardware that is as powerful as a $800 configured PC but at a fraction of the cost. Also take DOOM3 for example, it came out more than a year later for the XBox but sold well over 1 milllion copies so alot of people did not say "meh" to a game that had been on the PC for awile. For those that do not have a powerful system and want to play games like Ghost Recon3, COD2 and Quake4 in all there glory without buying a $500 video card, the 360 may be there best option.

Yup yup, I know, I'm one of those people. I was just stating one of the possible advantages that having exclusives (and very important more exclusives than the other console) could bring to a console

K

anzak
07-30-05, 05:33 PM

He is just trying to spoil everyones excitement with his narrow minded attitude.

Edge
07-30-05, 06:00 PM
Looks cool, the coop mode especially sounds pretty interesting, it seems like the kind of game that would be very fun to play alongside others. I'd like to see more of the large-scale battles in the game though, the videos from the interview only showcased the fairly standard small-scale run-and-gun gameplay. It would be nice to see if the game will have much variety in it's encounters.

edit: any info on whether this game will come out for the PC? I want Unreal championship 2, too for the PC, but it still has yet to come out
There are no plans to port Unreal Championship 2 to the PC. Gears of War is currently being worked on only for the Xbox 360, but the developers say that once it's done they'll probably port it to the PC sometime later. Not sure if the coop mode would be availible in the PC version, though.

Not liking a game just because it bears a resemblance to another game is possibly one of the worst reasons I can think of for not liking it. I remember one person saying Battlefield 2 was going to suck because he thought it looked a lot like C&C Renegade :rolleyes:

But even regardless of that, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how you think it resembles Brute Force when the only similarity is the behind-the-back 3rd person view and the grenade throwing. It bears about as much resemblance to Brute Force as it does to Resident Evil 4 (in fact, probably even more to RE4, since the shooting system looks a bit similar to it).

evilchris
07-30-05, 06:37 PM
I don't think so

K

Now that console hardware has caught up to and in fact surpassed PC hardware, and all titles are mandatory HD, why would you prefer PC?

FierceDeityLink
07-30-05, 06:59 PM
Now that console hardware has caught up to and in fact surpassed PC hardware, and all titles are mandatory HD, why would you prefer PC?
Meh, a lot of people didn't have Geforce 3s when the Xbox originally came out. At the time, I was still on an original ATI Radeon. Being able to upgrade and eventually become faster than the consoles is definitely a reason. However, I would argue more in favor that people would rather play video games in their living room than in their office (especially now that there aren't any recent sound cards that support Dolby Digital encoding on the fly).

Mr. Hunt
07-30-05, 07:00 PM

I guess caring about gameplay... Sorry I don't just go "OMG IT LUKS AUSOM I GOTA GET IT!@"

Because PCs advance very fast and the consoles will be outdated in about 2 seconds and then you have the whole higher res and as much AA and AF as your PC can handle.

Not to mention MODDING.

kev13dd
07-30-05, 07:01 PM

SOOOOOOOOOO many more capabilities

Upgradable
Keyboard and mouse
Chatting online
Internet (research, games, music, videos, all consoles do online is play games)
Music
Homework

A PC to me is so much more than a medium to play games on. I love consoles, I bought my own X-box years ago (big deal for me since I was a poor little fat kid) and still play it all the time. I'll always enjoy consoles, but PC gives me more than a console ever can

K

Knot3D
07-30-05, 07:05 PM
Surprising to see it's not an fps like i thought it would be.

It looks cool, but the framerate seems crappy in this preview
build. I sense 35 frames p/sec max in that video.

kev13dd
07-30-05, 07:10 PM
Surprising to see it's not an fps like i thought it would be.

It looks cool, but the framerate seems crappy in this preview
build. I sense 35 frames p/sec max in that video.

Don't TVs max out at 30fps anyways?

K