PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Pulp Fiction / Half-Life 2 Scene

FierceDeityLink
07-31-05, 12:44 AM
Current progress: ~15%
Video of it in-action: http://www.liquidsun.org/robby/pulp_fiction.rar

http://www.liquidsun.org/robby/pulp_fiction_hl2.jpg

TODO:
-Finish choreographing characters (lip-sync, add emotions, animations, etc.)
-Normalize audio in final cut
-Re-do the majority of the map
-Find/make a model of a hamburger

I still have a long way to go... :/

BTW: Lip-syncing is no where NEAR as easy as just "talking/recording and having the mouths move". In this case, from what little I have done, I still had to spend many hours getting the phenomes ("The smallest linguistic unit.") to match the audio track. As an example, "cheese burgers" is "ch iy z / b er r g ax r z", with each phenome matching the correct moment in sound.

The idea of this all came from an overnight 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. LAN party in which it was the first time in months that I played Counter-Strike: Source. I have previously done Half-Life 2 machinima (projects for class or for fun), and I feel that I have a good standing of knowledge of the Source Engine, despite never having used it's real SDK for modding (source code and such).

Mr. Hunt
07-31-05, 02:02 AM
Cool... good luck with it.

j0j081
07-31-05, 09:34 PM
This looks pretty cool. I'm a big Pulp Fiction fan so let us know when it's done.

Gentle
08-01-05, 01:00 AM
A few recommendations/constructive criticisms...

The wall texture: I feel it distracts from the scene. Try to use a simpler texture for it.

The audio level: The audio level is pretty low at times.

Facial expressions: The faces have very little "animation" (sorry for using that word) to them.

The firing of the pistol: The sounds I hear are from Half-Life 2, and not from the movie. I think the movie sounds are what you are wanting to have here.

It is very difficult to do what you are doing. I wish you the best.

Gentle

|MaguS|
08-01-05, 01:03 AM
A few recommendations/constructive criticisms...

The wall texture: I feel it distracts from the scene. Try to use a simpler texture for it.

The audio level: The audio level is pretty low at times.

Facial expressions: The faces have very little "animation" (sorry for using that word) to them.

The firing of the pistol: The sounds I hear are from Half-Life 2, and not from the movie. I think the movie sounds are what you are wanting to have here.

It is very difficult to do what you are doing. I wish you the best.

Gentle

The first three recommendations are in his TODO List...

Gentle
08-01-05, 06:51 PM
Fine, I stated the obvious then.

Sue me.

Gentle

HENNESSY
08-02-05, 02:36 PM
haha, cant wait to see the better part of the scene.
keep it going.

ENGLISH MF DO YOU SPEAK IT