PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about getting a BFG card replaced?

saumilsingh
07-31-05, 04:35 PM
I have a BFG 6600GT with a defective (loose) DVI socket and hence need to claim their lifetime warranty thing.

I will be shiping the card from India to Arizona from where my uncle will be dealing with the company.

How does he (my uncle) go about it?
What details, documents, etc. will the BFG people need?

I don't think it's as simple as mail them the card with a small note explaining the problem and they send back a fresh replacement, is it?

avirox
07-31-05, 04:38 PM
try emailing their tech support on the website and asking

nrs421
07-31-05, 06:17 PM
just call them up or email them, they will make you do some stuff and give you an rma number....you send it to them wait a while and you get a new card in the mail...

saumilsingh
07-31-05, 06:22 PM
Cool mailed them just now with a detailed letter explaining the problem.

Also do they generally tend to replace the cards with a fresh piece or do they just try and fix the current card and send it back as quickly as possible.
It would be assuring to know since it would become painful to get a slightly tinkered with card back all the way to India only to find it not working upto expectations leading me to carry out the entire process yet again.

Absolution
07-31-05, 06:54 PM
if its something physical such as a dvi slot being broken, they may try to fix it

otherwise they will send you a new one (maybe refurbished,dont quote me on that though)

... so both