PDA

View Full Version : FFVII remake?

ralinn
08-01-05, 08:43 AM
PS3 Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo more than a demo?
We check in with Square to see whether we can expect to see anything more come out of the popular PlayStation 3 tech demo.

MAKUHARI MESSE--One of the highlights of the trailer compilation shown in one of the main theaters on the showfloor of the Square Enix Party 2005 is the PlayStation 3 technology demo of the opening sequence of Final Fantasy VII. Ever since the short clip's debut in May during Sony's E3 press conference, there has been talk that the footage shown is evidence that Square Enix intends to release a remake of the FFVII. The talk started up again with renewed interest as the clip took center stage during a compilation of trailers being shown of upcoming Square Enix games. We took the opportunity to talk to a Square Enix rep for the internal division within the company whose focus is the properties relating to Final Fantasy VII to get the scoop.

Square Enix's initial response to our inquiry about whether or not the tech demo is suggestive of a full game being in the works fell in the realm of carefully worded corporate response. The reps noted that, as was mentioned at E3, the demo was created to show just how power of the PlayStation 3 technology. As a result, it is a tech demo only and is not intended to indicate that a PS3 remake of FFVII is presently under active development at the company.

However, when pressed, the reps also noted that further plans for content based on FFVII haven't been set, per se. They affirmed that the resulting reaction from fans over the demo footage and the content related to FFVII being shown at the party has been overwhelmingly positive. As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo and the very notion of a FFVII remake, it's certainly something that Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment but, at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but a matter of when.

From Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/31/news_6130109.html

I sure hope this happens :D

|MaguS|
08-01-05, 09:07 AM
First this post belongs in the console forum, second this is still alot of rumor and speculation. While I love FFVII, I would love to see other titles be remade prior to it. FFVI and Chrono Trigger come to mind.

Bad_Boy
08-01-05, 09:57 AM
interesting read :)

aAv7
08-01-05, 10:34 AM
First this post belongs in the console forum, second this is still alot of rumor and speculation. While I love FFVII, I would love to see other titles be remade prior to it. FFVI and Chrono Trigger come to mind.

I love FF7, but I gotta agree, I'd like to see the snes FF6 re-made before 7 is. I think i'm the only rpg gamer on earth that didnt like chrono trigger... :o

|MaguS|
08-01-05, 10:39 AM
Your not an RPG Gamer if you disliked Chrono Trigger...

Banko
08-01-05, 11:00 AM
I didn't like Chrono Trigger, and I like RPGS but only good ones. Nothing like horrible Japanese crap. Stuff like Fallout, Planescape, first Baldur's Gate, the KOTOR's.

|MaguS|
08-01-05, 11:20 AM
So you only like D&D Rule Rpgs, Why even post in this thread then if it has no interest in you?

ralinn
08-01-05, 12:10 PM
interesting read :)
:) yes, it's got me pretty excited.

First this post belongs in the console forum, second this is still alot of rumor and speculation. While I love FFVII, I would love to see other titles be remade prior to it. FFVI and Chrono Trigger come to mind.I don't think many people care if it's a rumor or not. I found some info and I thought I would share it. If I've posted it in the wrong forum, then I would be greatful if someone could move it for me :(

Your not an RPG Gamer if you disliked Chrono Trigger... Wha!!? Everyone has a different taste in games! I didn't really enjoy Chrono as much as I enjoyed other RPG's, I'm still a big fan of them and an RPG gamer though... :o

Slyder
08-01-05, 02:33 PM
A possible remake of FF7 ? :eek: :D

I sure hope this pulls of as FF7 is easily one of the best games ever. :cool:

carkis
08-01-05, 03:47 PM
I vote for Chrono Trigger first!

Ninjaman09
08-01-05, 03:51 PM
Japanese console RPGs and computer RPGs are two entirely different genres if you ask me. I like 'em both.

aAv7
08-01-05, 03:57 PM

I just didn't like how Chrono, the main character was a freakin mute the whole game. I liked the part where he gets sent to court and your judged on previous actions throughout the game...that was quite clever...but the rest of the game..meh..

|MaguS|
08-01-05, 04:02 PM
He was mute because you were him... If they put words in his mouth then your techincally not him but rather controlling him. Thats one of the greatest aspects of CT is that they put the player in the first person point of view rather then a third person where you controlled an character with a set personality.

CT has many great moments like the court case, heck halfway through the game there is a huge twist that no other game has ever done yet...

Vagrant Zero
08-01-05, 08:42 PM
He was mute because you were him... If they put words in his mouth then your techincally not him but rather controlling him. Thats one of the greatest aspects of CT is that they put the player in the first person point of view rather then a third person where you controlled an character with a set personality.

Was that rehearsed or were you able to come with that bull on the fly?

And FFVI is meh, I much preffered FFIV over it.

GamerGuyX
08-01-05, 08:56 PM
I just didn't like how Chrono, the main character was a freakin mute the whole game.

Ever hear of a game called Half-Life?

Ninjaman09
08-01-05, 09:36 PM
And FFVI is meh, I much preffered FFIV over it.
Hells yeah, preach on brotha! Final Fantasy IV is the ONLY Final Fantasy in my book, all the rest are just second rate in comparison. I still play it regularly. :D