PDA

View Full Version : MSI PLatnum Nforce4 Ultra Bios Question!

willmg
08-01-05, 09:13 PM
Hey all, ran into some serious USB issues with Bios rev 1.2, so I upgraded to 1.5 and they seem to be solved.

However my max OC has gone from 2.65 down to 2.3GHz!!!!

Not sure whats up with that, I did have good success with the 1.1 Bios a while back, USB mostly worked and the OC was also 2.65.

Should I flash back???? And id that possible without damage now that I am updated??

Thanks all

Dudes__Geof_
08-01-05, 11:28 PM
I would like to know the similar kind of thing, but for my Asus A8V-E Deluxe, its not really for overclocking though, just my personal preference..

I don't think it would really damage anything..if it's just replacing the BIOS Rev.

Roadhog
08-01-05, 11:37 PM
you should have no problem flashing to an older bios.

willmg
08-02-05, 09:33 AM
Ok, I know i need to make a boot disk(dos sine I am in XP), is this the only way, when you do it from MSIs site they run it through windows which seems easier, can I do this myself?

Thanks

Dudes__Geof_
08-02-05, 03:51 PM
Yeah...I usually use the Asus updater that comes with the motherboard, hasn't messed up

Zerocool
08-02-05, 07:40 PM
I download the file 1st, and then update through the Asus updater through the file, not the internet. I heard issues back in the day bout that, if you have any connection probs. could mess it up. Dont know if the MSI program has that option.