PDA

View Full Version : matching ram

Ryeyoo
08-02-05, 02:36 PM
I bought a Dell 4700 and it uses DDR2 -400 Ram, I was thinking of adding another stick or two to it..but I was wondering if I would have to buy DDR2 or would DDR1 be fine as well? Also can i buy faster ram? And would it just be forced to run as the same speed as the slower ram?

jAkUp
08-02-05, 02:43 PM
Buy DDR 400mhz ram. You will see no benefit from faster ram unless you overclock, and ddr2 will not even fit in the same slot.

anzak
08-02-05, 02:59 PM
Buy DDR 400mhz ram. You will see no benefit from faster ram unless you overclock, and ddr2 will not even fit in the same slot.

lol jakUp, he has DDR2 now. DDR wont fit.

mx125race
08-02-05, 06:44 PM
get the same type of ram and speed, any manufactuer is ok. if u get a higer speed then ull just be wasting your money becuz it'll just run at the slowest speed possible unless u overclock...some good manufacturers IMO are:
OCZ, Corsair, and GeIL. too bad u dont have DDR becuz then u would be able to get the corsair 2x512 dual channel on sale for 80 bukcs at newegg which ends...today! lol

buy most of ur pc stuff from: www.newegg.com / www.frozencpu.com

ViN86
08-02-05, 09:28 PM
crucial would work as well. you could even use their memory matcher to make sure you get the right stuff ;)

jAkUp
08-03-05, 02:23 AM
lol jakUp, he has DDR2 now. DDR wont fit.

lol whoops, yea DDR2 is what you need :D

See what happens when I read too fast?

Ryeyoo
08-03-05, 09:43 PM
ah okais thx for the answers folks... doh ddr2 seems to be a little harder to find usually though. The reason i was asking about buying faster ram was that I was thinking of buying faster now and eventually just replacing the slower ram. I check my motherboard and it does support up to 533.