PDA

View Full Version : BF2 logging on slow?

XP_GUN
08-02-05, 02:39 PM
Yeah the past 2 days connecting to the BF2 account server has been slow and right now cant even connected to the server to play because it cant connect to my account. Anyone having the same problem?

jolle
08-02-05, 03:06 PM
comes and goes here..
this morning it wasnt too bad, a hour ago it took about 10 mins to log on..
the other day it took about 25 mins or something like that..

Rayman1968
08-02-05, 03:37 PM
Can't log on, can't alt+tab out, have to reboot.... :mad:

Gnu_Raiz
08-03-05, 10:12 AM
You need to run windows task manager, that way you have something to alt-tab into! On my system I limit my system tray to just what I need, if bf2 hangs I just alt-tab into task manager, then kill the process. Seems to work pretty good, you might want to give that a try.

Login is a little slow at times, but what really annoys me is the stupid lost connection, I could be playing a great round and all of a sudden I have a lost connection and crashes to the server menu.
In any other game I play I do not have this problem.

All I can say is bring on the bug fixes, this is getting old fast I proably would of been a higher rank with that fixed.

Gnu_Raiz

BioHazZarD
08-03-05, 10:19 AM
Spent 20 minutes yesterday trying logging in but it just would not get past it.. way to go EA now today it works but takes almost 2 minutes and the internet meny is gayslow too.

BigWilly
08-03-05, 10:34 AM
My game seems to tell me my password is incorrect sometimes. I simply click log on again and it works just fine. I think there is still a few bugs EA has missed. Hopefully this is all taken care of in the upcoming patch.

j0j081
08-04-05, 04:30 AM
You need to run windows task manager, that way you have something to alt-tab into! On my system I limit my system tray to just what I need, if bf2 hangs I just alt-tab into task manager, then kill the process. Seems to work pretty good, you might want to give that a try.

Login is a little slow at times, but what really annoys me is the stupid lost connection, I could be playing a great round and all of a sudden I have a lost connection and crashes to the server menu.
In any other game I play I do not have this problem.

All I can say is bring on the bug fixes, this is getting old fast I proably would of been a higher rank with that fixed.

Gnu_Raiz
in steam you can alt-tab to the desktop easily.

jolle
08-04-05, 07:05 AM
in steam you can alt-tab to the desktop easily.
You can do that in a ton of things..

Thing is, that BF2 will act as if its "hung" while its trying to connect to the account servers.
Sometime it has taken me like 25 mins to get past that and finally get logged in..
CTRL ALT DEL will get you out if you dont want to wait..
At any rate, it sucks that it takes so long time sometimes.