PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege 2 demo

Pages : [1] 2

BioHazZarD
08-03-05, 12:43 PM
Is out @ http://www.gamershell.com/download_10121.shtml but its 1,4 GB haha very nice gonna take a while getting this one down.

Edge
08-03-05, 01:36 PM
Holy sh...1.4 gigs for a DEMO? I don't think the entire original game was that big. But still, I guess I might as well give it a try (once it's downloaded...be back in a week :rolleyes: ), I remember the trailer for it looked cool back in 2003.

superklye
08-03-05, 01:37 PM
I downloaded the MP beta a while back (never played it though) and it was a 1.7GB download that expanded to like 2.5GB I think.

Ridiculous. It scares me to think about how big the final version will be.

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:43 PM
For those without dsl, or just too lazy to download, the newest PC Gamer has a 14-day trial of WOW and this Dungeon Siege 2 demo on disk.

superklye
08-03-05, 01:44 PM
I assume it's a DVD that comes with the magazine then?

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:47 PM
Yea, it's a dvd-edition disk this month.

Tygerwoody
08-03-05, 03:20 PM
someone post some screens of this game

superklye
08-03-05, 04:54 PM
someone post some screens of this game
It, sadly, doesn't look much better than the first game. :(

And that's a kick-ass avatar you have. :) I love ATHF

Brimstone7
08-03-05, 05:18 PM
There was a similar thread started when the DS2 beta came out. True, the game doesn't look nearly as good as promised by the first trailer, and it does look similar to the first game, just with a new coat of paint. The gameplay, however, is MUCH improved. There is definately much more user interaction. To those that have played the first game, you will probably remember how boring combat was because your combat was mostly automatic. Things have changed drastically in this game. Character development has also been improved 100 fold. It feels like a real RPG now.

So, to those who remember how bland the first game was, this demo is definately worth a download. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much the game has changed.

superklye
08-03-05, 05:20 PM
Hmm...maybe I'll give it a shot then.

Tygerwoody
08-03-05, 05:38 PM

And that's a kick-ass avatar you have. :) I love ATHF
Rain of Justice away!!!!

superklye
08-03-05, 05:39 PM
Rain of Justice away!!!!
hahaha...Shake and Carl are my two favorites on that show. Man, I have the DVDs and they are just spectacular.

anzak
08-03-05, 06:00 PM
WHY does every cool demo get released right when I'm in the middle of an upgrade? I dunno how much longer I can wait for the X800GT. I might just order a X700 or 6600 and overclock the hell out of it.

Anyways, the people who have sucky graphics cards and can't play it right now need screens. :p

EDIT: Just found the system requirements for the beta:

Dungeon Siege II Beta System Requirements
Microsoft Windows XP
PC with 1.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor
256 MB RAM
5.0 GB of available hard disk space
Quad-speed or faster CD-ROM drive
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Supported video card (listed below)

Supported video cards
ATI Radeon series (7000 or better)
NVIDIA Quadro series
NVIDIA Geforce series
S3
Intel Extreme Graphics (requires 2.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor required)

I guess my Radeon 9000 will run it after all. Downloading now.

Brimstone7
08-03-05, 06:59 PM
From what I've played thus far (the beta and a little bit of this demo) there isn't anything too fancy going on in the graphics department. So, for those of you with more mainstream systems I would not worry about missing too much in the graphics department.

stncttr908
08-03-05, 07:16 PM
Heh, maybe it'll even run on my laptop's Intel GMA 900. :cool:

SH64
08-03-05, 07:54 PM
1.4Gb!! & with dial-up ... this demo gonna take ages for me to download :(

Ninjaman09
08-03-05, 07:55 PM
There was a similar thread started when the DS2 beta came out. True, the game doesn't look nearly as good as promised by the first trailer, and it does look similar to the first game, just with a new coat of paint. The gameplay, however, is MUCH improved. There is definately much more user interaction. To those that have played the first game, you will probably remember how boring combat was because your combat was mostly automatic. Things have changed drastically in this game. Character development has also been improved 100 fold. It feels like a real RPG now.

So, to those who remember how bland the first game was, this demo is definately worth a download. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much the game has changed.
Yeah the gameplay is definitely more interesting. The combat can get a little confusing with too many monsters onscreen though since you have to repeatedly click or hold down the right mouse button when attacking, and the camera and monsters are always going all over the place. Still, it's fun. I like the level of interaction they added.

Other than that this is very similar to the first, both graphically and UI wise.

anzak
08-03-05, 08:36 PM
1.4Gb!! & with dial-up ... this demo gonna take ages for me to download :(

lol Your talkin... days. Many days on dial-up. Even on DSL I'm at 22% @ 78kbps w/ 4 hours remaining. I hope it runs at a decent res after all this...

SH64
08-03-05, 08:51 PM
lol Your talkin... days. Many days on dial-up. Even on DSL I'm at 22% @ 78kbps w/ 4 hours remaining. I hope it runs at a decent res after all this...

You know whats making it so big ?
This monstrous download is a single-player demo that contains two lengthy introductory cutscenes along with a portion from the beginning of the Mercenary campaign, from the tutorial section up to the Elven Shrine area.

why dont they just keep the cutscenses & any movies out the demos to make the file size smaller for download?
i mean come on people want to try the game itself not to watch some lengthy boring movies. leave that for the retail game for god's sake!! :mad:

monkeydust
08-03-05, 09:52 PM
If ya want to run it at 1600x1200 change your shortcut to something like...
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege II Demo\DungeonSiege2.exe" width=1600 height=1200 bpp=32 vsync=false

So, the original Dungeon Siege had a single-card SLI profile set up by NVIDIA. Any benefit for SLI users with this? (haven't done any testing)

Spliffstarr
08-03-05, 10:07 PM
it's days like this i am glad i have a gamespy account, which also gives me access to fileplanetr as well. I downloaded that file at 2mbs and it took me an hour and 20mins.....

monkeydust
08-04-05, 06:33 AM
Ok, after testing out some settings, I have found that AFR SLI works quite well. I get around 70-80% better framerate with AFR SLI over single-card mode. SFR SLI doesn't give me any better framerate and I get a little graphical corruption.

Marcos
08-04-05, 11:59 AM

I saw like 1 or 2 shots that looked SICK. But yeah the rest look like plain old DS

superklye
08-04-05, 12:10 PM
I saw like 1 or 2 shots that looked SICK. But yeah the rest look like plain old DS
Yeah, there were a couple shots that looked really badass, but on the whole...eh.

I installed the demo this morning before work and hope to give a try this afternoon/evening when I get home from work and lifting.

anzak
08-04-05, 01:28 PM
I finally got around to installing the demo. It runs great at 1024x768 at highest detail.

I played it for about an hour and still haven't beaten it. It's well worth the download.