PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo DS thread.

aAv7
08-03-05, 12:23 PM
I went with the Nintendo DS over the PSP for now. I plan on buying a PSP but I want to wait to see how firmware 2.0 pans out and wait for a few titles worth buying to mount up. (Titles that arent also available on the ps2) Luckily I bought one at the right time, as the DS is being bundled with Mario64 DS for free!

Let's try to keep the Nintendo/DS bashing to a minimum. I want to call out all the proud DS owners.

I did some searching and check out all the cool stuff coming this year...

Advanced Wars : Dual Strike - Date: 8/22 http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/advancewarsds/preview_6129913.html?tag=boxcar_ds_preview_image

Lunar Dragon Story - Date: 9/20
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/lunar/index.html

Metroid Prime: Hunters - Date: 10/17
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/dsmetroidprimehunters/index.html

Mario Kart DS - Date: 11/7
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/driving/mariokartds/index.html

Animal Crossing - Date: 11/21
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/animalcrossingds/index.html

Mario&Luigi 2 - Date: 11/21
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/marioluigisuperstarsaga2/index.html

Guilty Gear X - Date: 11/24
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/guiltygearduststrikers/index.html

Feel free to add to the list.

Between these games in Nov. the possibility of Quake 4 in Nov. for PC and Xbox 360 in Nov., it's gonna be a nice fall/winter for games...and one heck of a November!

GamerGuyX
08-03-05, 01:00 PM
Let's try to keep the Nintendo/DS bashing to a minimum. I want to call out all the proud DS owners.

Wait a minute, wait a minute... you wan't to keep the DS bashing down but what about the PSP bashing? IMO this kinda sems like a thread made for trolls anyways. Especially seeing as how the thread is worded. But hey, thats just how I see it.

Ninjaman09
08-03-05, 01:02 PM
I've been thinking about giving the DS another shot for some time now. I'm not sold yet, but if I see some good games coming out I'll give it a whirl. :)
Wait a minute, wait a minute... you wan't to keep the DS bashing down but what about the PSP bashing? IMO this kinda sems like a thread made for trolls anyways. Especially seeing as how the thread is worded. But hey, thats just how I see it.
Unbelievable. All he did was explain why he chose the DS over the PSP. Go troll some other thread, thanks.

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:04 PM

I didn't mention anything about psp bashing. Everyone seems content that "psp roxxorz and ds = teh suck" so I didn;t think any psp bashing would happen.

Ok, let's keep bashing "both systems" to a min. :p

And I dont see how the thread is made for Trolls, I went through the trouble of skimming through gamespot, supported links for games coming out, and talked about how I got my own system. Exactly where did I cross the line? :rolleyes:

Ninjaman09
08-03-05, 01:07 PM
I found the DS to be extremely uncomfortable to use and I developed cramps in my hands very shortly after using it. The way the buttons are positioned also makes for a very uncomfortable experience with old GBA games. Of course, I have pretty big hands so that can't help. If they release a version that isn't painful to use I'd be all over it. As it stands the system is too akward to use, in my opinion.
And I dont see how the thread is made for Trolls, I went through the trouble of skimming through gamespot, supported links for games coming out, and talked about how I got my own system. Exactly where did I cross the line?
You didn't, just ignore him, he does this all the time.

GamerGuyX
08-03-05, 01:07 PM
I didn't mention anything about psp bashing. Everyone seems content that "psp roxxorz and ds = teh suck" so I didn;t think any psp bashing would happen.

Well it sure as hell wasn't me that said that. I own both PSP and a DS.

Besides, it was the fact that you said "wait for a few titles worth buying to mount up. (Titles that arent also available on the ps2)" that seemed kinda troll worthy. Almost you were saying that the games avaialable for PSP now are crap because it has some ports on it.

And I dont see how the thread is made for Trolls, I went through the trouble of skimming through gamespot, supported links for games coming out, and talked about how I got my own system. Exactly where did I cross the line? :rolleyes:

Ho, ho! Nice edit. What you feeling your DS is being "threatened"? :rolleyes:

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:08 PM
Well it sure as hell wasn't me that said that. I own both PSP and a DS.

Besides, it was the fact that you said "wait for a few titles worth buying to mount up. (Titles that arent also available on the ps2)" that seemed kinda troll worthy. Almost you were saying that the games avaialable for PSP now are crap because it has some ports on it.

The only thing here that seems troll worthy is you. ;)

GamerGuyX
08-03-05, 01:10 PM
The only thing here that seems troll worthy is you. ;)

Same to you buddy. ;)

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:11 PM
I found the DS to be extremely uncomfortable to use and I developed cramps in my hands very shortly after using it. The way the buttons are positioned also makes for a very uncomfortable experience with old GBA games, as well. Of course, I have pretty big hands so that can't help. If they release a version that isn't painful to use I'd be all over it. As it stands the system is too akward to use, in my opinion.

You didn't, just ignore him, he does this all the time.

Yeah, I do agree there. I had a psp a while back and also found it much more comfortable. The analog controller does wonders. I have to say that the dual screens are pretty cool though...when they actually are both in use....the mario 64 mini games that use the 2 screens have been more entertaining than the game itself. (Only cause ive played mario64 a million times)

Animal Crossing seems to make good use of the dual screens as well, and no matter how "kiddie" or how much of a "sims rip-off" it might be, I still admit, I looooooooooved animal crossing on cube, and cant wait to have it on the go with me.

Zelda_fan
08-03-05, 01:12 PM

Why am I not suprised. GameingLordX, this is a thread for DS users to discuss what are some good games for their system, etc, and you crap all over the thread. If you created a PSP thread and specifically asked for no bashing like this I wouldn't touch it.

Now back on track. I'm really excited about Advanced Wars DS. Mainly I've been useing my DS to play some good GBA games (Golden Sun, Zelda Minish Cap, etc).

As far as DS games go, Yoshi Touch & Go is my favorite, but it's just too short. Now I would like to get my hands on the Kirby DS game, but I've been sort of busy. It looks like the Kirby game is the best thing out for the ds. I've been keeping tabs on ds.ign.com though, and a LOT of great DS games are comming up.

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:17 PM
Yeah, i've been thinking about buying Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced to hold me over until some of the above mentioned titles come out....problem is i'm a nut about the games I buy. I only buy used games when they come complete with box and instructions, and unfortunately, it seems square quit production of tactics on gba, because NO ONE has it new or plans on getting it, you can only find it used, and all the gamecrazy, gamestop, and eb games in this city are full of FF Tactics advanced used.....but no box or instructions for any of them.....grrrr....=/

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:18 PM
Same to you buddy. ;)

Yeah...ok...i'm trolling my own thread :rolleyes: lol.

GamerGuyX
08-03-05, 01:20 PM
Yeah...ok...i'm trolling my own thread :rolleyes: lol.

Yes you are trolling for an arguement. ;)

Besides, trolls are not limited to making troll posts... but also threads.

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:23 PM
Yes you are trolling for an arguement. ;)

I'm just responding to your claims.

I never said the PSP was a bad system, all I said was I was waiting till some exclusive's came out that were worth getting. I personally don't find any of the titles on the shelf worth buying right now for PSP. And games like X-Men Legends 2 and WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2006 which are psp-bound are also coming out for ps2. The new GTA game Liberty City, is the only exclusive that has caught my eye, and to be honest, im a bit tired of the gta series right now, I looked through the list of DS games and for me, the DS offered more in the way of exclusives and fun titles. I'm not saying the psp is a bad system, JUST NOT FOR ME AT THIS TIME. :)

I forgot to mention the new Castlevania Game coming out 10/4 as well
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/castlevania/index.html

Ninjaman09
08-03-05, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I do agree there. I had a psp a while back and also found it much more comfortable. The analog controller does wonders. I have to say that the dual screens are pretty cool though...when they actually are both in use....the mario 64 mini games that use the 2 screens have been more entertaining than the game itself. (Only cause ive played mario64 a million times)

Animal Crossing seems to make good use of the dual screens as well, and no matter how "kiddie" or how much of a "sims rip-off" it might be, I still admit, I looooooooooved animal crossing on cube, and cant wait to have it on the go with me.
An analog controller similar to the PSP's would be a great asset to the DS, especially for games like Mario 64 where it's extremely hard to learn how to control the characters properly (and once you do it's still not that precise). Still, for many other games the stylus would be good enough. Advance Wars is really looking nice and may be the catalyst that sparks my purchase, especially after seeing the games soon to be coming out for it that you listed.

I forgot to mention the new Castlevania Game coming out 10/4 as well
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/c...ania/index.html
I'm sold on that Castlevania game, looks awesome and I LOVE the system used in Aria of Sorrow. :D

GamerGuyX
08-03-05, 01:28 PM
I'm just responding to your claims.

I never said the PSP was a bad system, all I said was I was waiting till some exclusive's came out that were worth getting. I personally don't find any of the titles on the shelf worth buying right now for PSP. And games like X-Men Legends 2 and WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2006 which are psp-bound are also coming out for ps2. The new GTA game Liberty City, is the only exclusive that has caught my eye, and to be honest, im a bit tired of the gta series right now, I looked through the list of DS games and for me, the DS offered more in the way of exclusives and fun titles. I'm not saying the psp is a bad system, JUST NOT FOR ME AT THIS TIME. :)

Okay and that's totally fine. It just seemed to me that some of the wording was to insite arguement between DS and PSP owners. Like I said in my previous post, "thats just how I see it". Obviously I guess I was wrong.

EDIT: And for me to do my part I personally am looking forward to Age of Empires: The Age of Kings (http://ds.ign.com/objects/736/736742.html) and Real Time Conflict: Shogun Empires (http://ds.ign.com/objects/737/737298.html) (which is funny because they both happen to be in the RTS genre).

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:28 PM
An analog controller similar to the PSP's would be a great asset to the DS, especially for games like Mario 64 where it's extremely hard to learn how to control the characters properly (and once you do it's still not that precise). Still, for many other games the stylus would be good enough. Advance Wars is really looking nice and may be the catalyst that sparks my purchase, especially after seeing the games soon to be coming out for it that you listed.

Yeah, the stylus is quite nice for certain games. The one thing that ticked me off was I didnt get the Metroid Prime Demo with my DS since I got the Mario 64 bundle...seems cheap of nintendo to do that...but oh well, anyways, my buddy let me try the demo since h also has a DS and I have to say, using the stylus made things so much easier. I couldnt believe the difference. :eek:

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:30 PM
Okay and that's totally fine. It just seemed to me that some of the wording was to insite arguement between DS and PSP owners. Like I said in my previous post, "thats just how I see it". Obviously I guess I was wrong.

It's no problem man. =) Just a mis-communication. :D

The PSP has alot going for it, the movies, the homebrew, the memory card's, the mp3 play-back, but when it comes to the games, there's just not much for my personal taste right now. I can gurantee you though, that the day Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core comes out for the system, I will own one! :)

aAv7
08-03-05, 01:40 PM

EDIT: And for me to do my part I personally am looking forward to Age of Empires: The Age of Kings (http://ds.ign.com/objects/736/736742.html) and Real Time Conflict: Shogun Empires (http://ds.ign.com/objects/737/737298.html) (which is funny because they both happen to be in the RTS genre).

That Age of Empires game looks awesome, I'll have to add that one to my list!

Ninjaman09
08-03-05, 02:11 PM
Yeah I was just looking at that, I'm surprised at how good it looks. :D