PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems forcing High models in Riddick?

Acid Rain
08-04-05, 07:32 PM
I know it's played out, but I've decided to give Riddick another run-through with the 1.1 patch. It gives the option of running model quality at "High" or "Dynamic". Dynamic is the default.

I'm running it on shader model 2.0 and pretty well maxxed out on everything else. When I change model quality to high and immediately quite the game, then re-run it, in the menu it stays at high. If I actually play the game a bit, exit and return, the menu shows that it's reverted back to dynamic.

Any way to fix this, or do I even care? Looks great no matter what, but I was wondering if there is a way to keep the models at high.

Thanks!

OWA
08-04-05, 07:38 PM
I tried it initially and it seemed to work but I just re-read some of your message and think I need to test it a little more. Be back shortly.

Acid Rain
08-04-05, 07:39 PM
I tried it initially and it seemed to work but I just re-read some of your message and think I need to test it a little more. Be back shortly.
Thank you.

OWA
08-04-05, 07:41 PM
I didn't need to do much more to see that mine did the same as yours. I had set it and it seemed to take. But, after playing a little, exiting, and then checking it again, it was set back to dynamic. Hmm, I wonder what's up.

Edit: The patch readme doesn't even seem to mention the option.

facade
08-04-05, 07:44 PM
I remember having that problem too, and I think setting an .ini file in the Riddick directory to "read-only" took care of it. Hope that help :)

OWA
08-04-05, 07:44 PM
Ah, good idea. Thanks.

Acid Rain
08-04-05, 07:48 PM
I didn't need to do much more to see that mine did the same as yours. I had set it and it seemed to take. But, after playing a little, exiting, and then checking it again, it was set back to dynamic. Hmm, I wonder what's up.Thanks again, OWA. Now I know it's a global "issue". For a minute there I thought it might be doing a processor check to see if high was feasable, and disabling it when it sniffed my XP. :D

In the readme it says they've allowed you to disable model LOD, which I'm sure "high" is supposed to do. I'm gonna check this out further...

Cade, I thought of that, but was afraid it might cause issues in the game, so I didn't do it. I geuss I'll just set it up, change the .cfg to read only and forget about it.

Thank you, Cade.

JaylumX
08-04-05, 08:05 PM
I get that on my rig as well. Its very anoying.

Acid Rain
08-04-05, 08:10 PM
The .cfg trick works, but be sure about your settings, because any changes you make will not hold, though they do seem to work in that same game session. All settings revert to your original values on game restart when .cfg is set to read only.

Marcos
08-05-05, 02:24 PM
is it a bug ? ill check it out, i wouldnt mind playing this great game again. As soon as i get my GD spaulders of Valor... but thats a different game and story entirely.