PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Stalker... once again.

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
08-04-05, 08:30 PM
In their investors' conference call THQ's Chief Executive Officer Brian Farrell responded to a request asking for details on the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that THQ did not expect sales figures like those for DOOM III. However, according to the company's view the Kiev based title was technologically on par with it. Due to prudence and the aim to ensure the best possible quality one had left the title out of the financial planing. Mr. Farrell did not rule out the option of a release in March, yet explained that because of financial planning purposes a mention was omitted. THQ would address the product closer to its launch. In addition, he pointed out that it was more difficult to keep a continuous eye on the development, caused by the geographic distance.

http://stalker.myexp.de/en/index.php

brady
08-04-05, 08:44 PM
:thumbdwn:

superklye
08-04-05, 08:58 PM
Never. Coming. Out.

aAv7
08-04-05, 09:02 PM
Never. Coming. Out.

QFT.

S.I.N
08-05-05, 12:02 AM
I played the beta over 2 years ago and it was pretty good, it had a great feel and air to it. Everything seemed in place so I cnat figure out what the hell is taking them so long.

Lfctony
08-05-05, 12:14 AM
DNF anyone?

aaahhh52
08-05-05, 12:42 AM
I will bet one night with Gib's mom its gets cancelled, any takers?

lowdog
08-05-05, 01:35 AM
i'd say at a guess that the life like Ai system they are trying to implement is a bugy mess that they have no idea how to fix.........the game will probably end up as vaporwhare!!!!

|MaguS|
08-05-05, 01:46 AM
Last time I got to play it the game was total garbage, The AI was horrible aswell. I honestly could care less for this game now, its been delayed to hell and without coop it wont be nearly as fun to play online.

wshadow
08-05-05, 01:53 AM
The multiplayer me and jakup played 2 yrs ago at E3 was pretty decent...

jAkUp
08-05-05, 01:56 AM
Yea.. it was an MP demo so it didn't have any AI, but it seemed pretty solid.

BioHazZarD
08-05-05, 01:59 AM
By the time this game comes out it will look outdated and preety damn boring. It could have been something 2 years ago now im not really sure they can do this forever and im sure it will have effect once the game is out.

SH64
08-05-05, 02:19 AM
Sad .. so sad for such a promising game :(

nutcrackr
08-05-05, 05:07 AM
What game?

;)

SlamDunk
08-05-05, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I read about this in May...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Interest Lost :(

killahsin
08-05-05, 06:37 AM
the whole game will suck because it looks dated thing is silly. Some of the best games to play are the ones that look dated. Psychonauts for instance isnt the most revolutionary looking game but still a great gameplay game and use of art. The gta series as a whole has been dated since the day it came out, lol. But every single one of those games were great. wind waker an excellent game, using dated cartoony cell shaded graphics, was an awesome experiance.

whenever stalker comes out i will be buying it, new gamestyle = me buy. Anything slightly innovative i love, lol.

AthlonXP1800
08-05-05, 06:57 AM
That too bad, it should released months ago, it may look like THQ will canned Stalker, the graphics will be outdated by next year when Windows Vista release with with new level of graphics in games that will go beyond PS3 and Xbox 360. :(

superklye
08-05-05, 07:25 AM
the whole game will suck because it looks dated thing is silly. Some of the best games to play are the ones that look dated. Psychonauts for instance isnt the most revolutionary looking game but still a great gameplay game and use of art. The gta series as a whole has been dated since the day it came out, lol. But every single one of those games were great. wind waker an excellent game, using dated cartoony cell shaded graphics, was an awesome experiance.

whenever stalker comes out i will be buying it, new gamestyle = me buy. Anything slightly innovative i love, lol.
But usually, first person shooters don't have much more than just shooting whatever moves, so to make up for the lackluster immersion from the story, the graphics step it way up to suck you in that way. And if the graphics suck...well...

aAv7
08-05-05, 12:21 PM
I've been saying it forever...vaporware. The first release date given to us was Nov. 2002, look where we are now.

Marcos
08-05-05, 02:15 PM
S.t.u.p.i.d

Acid Rain
08-05-05, 10:49 PM
But usually, first person shooters don't have much more than just shooting whatever moves, so to make up for the lackluster immersion from the story, the graphics step it way up to suck you in that way. And if the graphics suck...well...Very well said. Even old school gameplay can be made fun with wicked sharp graphics. The pendulum swings boths ways, but usually I can only take so much of dated visuals if no nostalgia is attached..

zampe
10-29-05, 01:05 PM
Delayed again :clap2:
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=20068

One more Year to go...... or more?!?

nVidi0t
10-29-05, 01:16 PM
Well, I hope the GAME is still good upon release. Given the concept of the game I really dont mind the graphics being dated. I just hope it delivers on it's promises of revolutionary MMO style gameplay.

jAkUp
10-29-05, 01:20 PM
Not before October 2006??!! Holy crap. By then its gonna look like Wolf3D

superklye
10-29-05, 01:23 PM
I've got a theory...hear me out on this...STALKER is actually DNF.