PDA

View Full Version : AMD x2 + 7800gtx =/ madden 2005

bigjohns97
08-04-05, 10:35 PM
I just put together this new system and madden seems to be messed up i am getting to see like every third frame and the game is running extremely fast. I can't even play it cause it skips ahead 3 secs every second.

Anyone else seen this?

jAkUp
08-04-05, 10:47 PM
Which drivers are you using?

And how about other games?

bigjohns97
08-04-05, 10:49 PM
All other games runs fine bf2 and all my other ea sports games (tiger, mvp, nba) all run fine with all the drivers 77.72, 77.76, 77.77, 80.40.

Madden does this on all drivers also. been using drivercleaner since day 1, i don't know what to do.

killahsin
08-04-05, 10:58 PM
Sounds like an issue with the cpus not the gfx card. Not as in your cpus are bad but madden cant handle dual cores yet.

OWA
08-04-05, 11:01 PM
Try installing the AMD CPU drivers if you haven't already. I had the same issue with a couple of games but it was resolved once I installed the CPU driver.

bigjohns97
08-04-05, 11:11 PM
I found out what the problem is. The previous post said madden can't handle dual cpu's so after uninstalling the amd driver and trying it again i reinstalled the amd driver and used the affinty option under task manager. I selected it to only be run on cpu0 and sure enough it works now....

It runs soo smooth also 1280x960 4xaa 16xaf all opts off.

j0j081
08-05-05, 06:11 AM
Madden 06 comes out soon so you might as well say screw it.

bigjohns97
08-05-05, 10:35 AM
LOL, i wouldn't be suprised if the same issue was found in 06' given ea sports track record.

Veger
08-06-05, 10:31 PM
I found out what the problem is. The previous post said madden can't handle dual cpu's so after uninstalling the amd driver and trying it again i reinstalled the amd driver and used the affinty option under task manager. I selected it to only be run on cpu0 and sure enough it works now....

It runs soo smooth also 1280x960 4xaa 16xaf all opts off.

Hi what amd driver are you referring to. Where did you download this amd driver?

thanxs

TierMann
08-07-05, 03:07 AM
AMD X2 Driver...
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

32 and 64-bit versions there.

-=DVS=-
08-07-05, 05:58 AM
I just put together this new system and madden seems to be messed up i am getting to see like every third frame and the game is running extremely fast. I can't even play it cause it skips ahead 3 secs every second.

Anyone else seen this?

Its becouse of Dual Core , you got to set CPU affinity for that game to CPU 1 , then everything will be fine , there are few games with that problem sadly....

Here is little progy , read readme.txt for instructions basicly you make a shortcut
example "C:\Affinity\StartIsolated.exe 1 C:\Madden\Madden.exe" this will set all other background programs to CPU 1 and game to 2 , problem solved :cool: once you exit game , affinity preset will be restored , you can make edit shortcut for every game you suspect is "stuttering skipping doesn't feel right" .

P.S those AMD drivers are useless realy. You can set affinity from task manager but its pain in the ass to run game first then alt-tab ect ect...

Veger
08-07-05, 10:17 AM
Its becouse of Dual Core , you got to set CPU affinity for that game to CPU 1 , then everything will be fine , there are few games with that problem sadly....

Here is little progy , read readme.txt for instructions basicly you make a shortcut
example "C:\Affinity\StartIsolated.exe 1 C:\Madden\Madden.exe" this will set all other background programs to CPU 1 and game to 2 , problem solved :cool: once you exit game , affinity preset will be restored , you can make edit shortcut for every game you suspect is "stuttering skipping doesn't feel right" .

P.S those AMD drivers are useless realy. You can set affinity from task manager but its pain in the ass to run game first then alt-tab ect ect...

Thanks DVS, this should fix the counterstrike source bot skip problem. I will try it and see what happens.

UPDATE - It worked like a charm and easy to impliment. Thanks DVS

bigjohns97
08-07-05, 01:58 PM
I also had this happen in splinter cell choas theory. I think i am going to sell me x2 for a high clocking SD.