PDA

View Full Version : aniso

kruisre
12-22-02, 04:52 AM
been playing with rivatuner and nvhardpage trying to get aniso to work but no success at all.
play ut in ogl with the compressed textures and have set maxaniso=1 just now - still no go.
sidenote - nvhardpage suggests i can only go to 2x. what's going on?
this is with 3082's.

StealthHawk
12-22-02, 05:04 AM
have you tried enabling it via the nvidia drivers themselves?

kruisre
12-22-02, 06:17 AM
8x with no performance hit.

extra sidenote - nvhardpage has 4 separate activations on the main page but only coolbits (the first one) is working.

StealthHawk
12-23-02, 03:58 AM
hmm, did you do a clean install of the drivers? when using a newer version of any nvidia tweaker, it should work. so shoudl the drivers themselves.

did AF ever work with any other revision of the drivers?

Kruno
12-23-02, 05:27 AM
Are you in Nv1x compatibility mode?

Originally posted by kruisre
been playing with rivatuner and nvhardpage trying to get aniso to work but no success at all.
play ut in ogl with the compressed textures and have set maxaniso=1 just now - still no go.
sidenote - nvhardpage suggests i can only go to 2x. what's going on?
this is with 3082's.

kruisre
12-23-02, 05:33 AM
Nv1x?

StealthHawk
12-23-02, 07:44 PM
Nv1x?

right, there's an option for OGL that lets you set your card to gf2 compatibility mode(gf2=NV15). it disables the gf3/4 features and treats the card as a gf2. but then you should still be able to enable 2x AF....so it sounds like that may be your problem.

kruisre
12-23-02, 09:59 PM
yes it does, so where do i fix it?

StealthHawk
12-24-02, 01:38 AM
yes it does, so where do i fix it?

use RivaTuner. go to Driver Settings. OpenGL tweaks. Compatibility. Look for OpenGL hardware acceleration mode. set it to Max acceleration mode. make sure it's not set to NVx compatibility, NV1x compatibility, or NV20 emulation.

kruisre
12-24-02, 04:50 AM
it's already set to that.

StealthHawk
12-24-02, 05:08 AM
ok. so has AF beyond 2x ever worked?

is this a new card that you just upgraded to?

what exactly is your position here. it sounds like there are some big driver conflicts, either from not doing a clean install of nvidia drivers when updating your driver, or not uninstalling a previous card and its drivers properly.

kruisre
12-24-02, 06:41 AM
aniso has never worked - this is an upgrade from gf2.

i don't think this is a detonators problem. i've tried updating the chipset drivers to the latest from the intel site. however, when i look in system properties the chipset drivers all seem to be microsoft and with the date of the operating system. has anybody ever done this on a bx motherboard - am i doing something wrong?

kruisre
12-28-02, 05:53 AM
thanks anyways stealth and kiler. i appreciate the input.

Kruno
12-29-02, 03:17 AM
NP, try formating your PC. Most likely has to work.

kruisre
01-05-03, 04:18 AM
is there anything special i need to be doing to get 8x opengl aniso on unreal tournament, other than maxanisotropy=1?