PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield2 badges and awards

myshkinbob
08-05-05, 01:00 PM
I don't know if anyone is trying to do this, but i've been having a go at collecting all the badges while i'm playing lately. Like basic class and weapon badges.

I've got all of them now, except for 2, the basic engineer and basic knife. For the engineer one you need 5 repair points in a round, and for the knife, 7 knife kills in a round. I just don't seem to get enough repair points as engineer, like i'll repair a dozen vehicles and stinger/tow nests, but hardly ever get a repair point for it. Has anyone got any tips? The same for knife, maybe there's a good map to get the knife badge on?

Feel free to post if you're having trouble with a badge too. :)

I had difficulty with the explosive ordnance and pistol badges, but found karkand is great for pistolling. And i got the explosives badge on that 'uranium mines' map, playing as chinese and by going off to the USMC airstrip and C4'ing up the 3 choppers, hiding behind the sandbag walls while the USMC troops all jumped in the choppers, then BOOM! hehe :D

killahsin
08-05-05, 01:07 PM
Well the repair one works well if you get in a good chopper squad and just play backdoor repairman. Or play repairman for a few tank brigades on defense.

Gaco
08-05-05, 03:41 PM
Myshkinbob: Hehe.. I can just imagine you sitting behind those sand bags waiting for the most satisfactory moment to detone with the exact face as on your avatar :D

Is there a an overview somewhere of all the badges and how to earn 'em? :)

myshkinbob
08-05-05, 05:55 PM
hehehe, yeah the avatar is Igor from Mel Brooke's Young Frankenstein, just love those crazy eyes, almost enough to turn me. ;)

There's a website explaining all the awards - http://ubar.bf2s.com/. If only i had 500 global hours on the pistol, i'd have the expert badge by now, i got 26 pistol kills in a single round on karkand once.

That was actually the best game of bf2 i've played yet, not kill wise, but sheer fun and reward. Strike at Karkand, 64 player server, the USMC had 36 players, and us MEC only had 17! But we had a great commander, and i was leading a brilliant squad of guys with 2 medics among us. We all worked so well together, that despite having less than half the players of the other team, we actually won! Possibly the best online fps half-hour i've ever had.

If only this game had a buddy list, i could play with those chaps again.

myshkinbob
08-15-05, 08:19 PM
Thought i'd update the thread, in case anyone else struggles on those two badges, i have them now. :)

for the engineer, i tried playing engie in the back seat of the blackhawk, but i could only get like 3 repair points. I tried waiting for the commander resources to be sabotaged too. Eventually i figured out kubra dam is great for repairs, just so many mechanised units, you can get 5 repair points quite easily if you shadow a few friendly vehicles.

To get the knife badge, i just played spec ops on the USMC team for karkand, dropped off the right edge of the map from the spawn, flanking the MEC boys spawning at the south most spawn point attacking our spawns, then ran around behind them knifing away. got far more than 7 knife kills that way. :D

Oh i also just made Corporal rank, about 100 hours of play to get it tho, i dunno eh. :)

sonaboy
08-16-05, 03:32 PM

something happened the other day and i lost all of my awards AND my rank - and i had moved along pretty far: basic engineer, basic armor, basic sniper, basic Spec Ops, Basic Aviator, Basic Heli, and i made it to Lance Corporal, FINALLY - and now it's gone.

what the hell? seriously - what would cause that?

c_chekay
08-16-05, 04:06 PM
Thought i'd update the thread, in case anyone else struggles on those two badges, i have them now. :)

for the engineer, i tried playing engie in the back seat of the blackhawk, but i could only get like 3 repair points. I tried waiting for the commander resources to be sabotaged too. Eventually i figured out kubra dam is great for repairs, just so many mechanised units, you can get 5 repair points quite easily if you shadow a few friendly vehicles.

To get the knife badge, i just played spec ops on the USMC team for karkand, dropped off the right edge of the map from the spawn, flanking the MEC boys spawning at the south most spawn point attacking our spawns, then ran around behind them knifing away. got far more than 7 knife kills that way. :D

Oh i also just made Corporal rank, about 100 hours of play to get it tho, i dunno eh. :)

Hey what is your points at? Im a Lance CPL and Im up to 2000 points allready and allmost zip on my adv bar. but I did make LCPL in 5 days so meh...

myshkinbob
08-16-05, 04:33 PM
my points are at about 11,000, had the game about 40 days now, putting in an average of 2-3 hours a day. Less in the week, more at the weekend. :)

stats (http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2stats.cgi?nick=mysh&pid=&lang=en)

According to BFHQ i'm in the top 600 players out of 680000, for carbine rifles. :D

About the only working stats site left now. I think i earn about 100 points an hour, i can get more playing medic, as you get loads of team points for healing, reviving, and leaving med packs around the place. But i prefer playing as spec-ops, the g36c is the best gun by far for me. Problem is you don't get many team points for playing spec op, nothing for blowing up enemy assests, only points for kills and flag capture/defend. Great for being a squad leader though, as you don't show on the enemy commander's radar, you're like a hidden spawn point for your team. :)

Sgt_Pitt
08-16-05, 10:42 PM
if you dont want to be labeled a stat padding ***** by jumping into a chopper, you can always jump in buggy and drive alongside tanks and apc's